Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to decide, Titanfall vs The Division (collectors edition)

yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

So as per title.

I am trying to decide which one to buy. Titanfall CE comes with 18" statue which looks great in my living room/feature wall at my apartment. And before anyone asks, I am ready to fork out that USD250 it demands. Gameplay-wise it's an FPS (what there is to say), and the longest FPS title that grabs my attention was BF3 (BF4 was meh). No clips showing actual gameplay (alpha or beta test) than E3 demo floating around. And the release date is just a day before my birthday, a perfect birthday gift for myself (yeah people wont buy me present, sad i know).

Enter The Division, while I like the overall gameplay, but it's just way off from release. They set 31 Dec '14 as release date for now, but that can change and there is no other news than that. I like that you can still join the game from a tablet, would probably be on iOS first then andriod.

Cant decide, money only for one CE. One more thing, this as a reward for myself, had a decent 2013, so dont say save the money. I really want to reward myself.

TL:DR

- Want to buy Titanfall Statue, game is not that appealing, but I want the statue.

OR

-Wait for The Division CE (and miss the statue), which they didnt announce yet

Comments

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Titanfall will dissapoint you. But you will buy it anyway.
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by yaminsux

So as per title.

I am trying to decide which one to buy. Titanfall CE comes with 18" statue which looks great in my living room/feature wall at my apartment. And before anyone asks, I am ready to fork out that USD250 it demands. Gameplay-wise it's an FPS (what there is to say), and the longest FPS title that grabs my attention was BF3 (BF4 was meh). No clips showing actual gameplay (alpha or beta test) than E3 demo floating around. And the release date is just a day before my birthday, a perfect birthday gift for myself (yeah people wont buy me present, sad i know).

- Want to buy Titanfall Statue, game is not that appealing, but I want the statue.

OR

Not sure if you meant that there aren't any, or that you have not seen them / do not wish to. If you do, you can find them on YouTube (such as this one). I watched a different one a few days ago.

The 6v6 with AI (not sure what purpose the AI is supposed to serve, tbh) really curbed my enthusiasm, so personally I'd go with Division.

But I think you'll go with Titanfall though since of what you wrote in you TL;DR =P And that I doubt Division will actually release this year.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

So as per title.

OR

Not sure if you meant that there aren't any, or that you have not seen them / do not wish to. If you do, you can find them on YouTube (such as this one). I watched a different one a few days ago.

The 6v6 with AI (not sure what purpose the AI is supposed to serve, tbh) really curbed my enthusiasm, so personally I'd go with Division.

But I think you'll go with Titanfall though since of what you wrote in you TL;DR =P And that I doubt Division will actually release this year.

Yeah, but I am still justifying the statue. It does look cool, but at the same time I am wondering if Division would have CE, and what would it be (other than rare art, concept art, posters etc).

Thanks for the reply.

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Kaijin2k3

So as per title.

OR

Yeah, but I am still justifying the statue. It does look cool, but at the same time I am wondering if Division would have CE, and what would it be (other than rare art, concept art, posters etc).

Thanks for the reply.

The Division will be lucky to make second quarter next year. I would bet June or July of 2015

• srsnoobsrsnoob Member Posts: 44
    Maybe after a while you can find the statue on ebay cheaper than the CE.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    The Division isn't coming out 2014. If Watch Dogs wasn't delayed then The Division probably could have maybe made holiday season 2014.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224

Totally worth $250

syyyyyk

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555

Neither. CEs are a scam.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• plat0nicplat0nic Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by grndzro
    Titanfall will dissapoint you. But you will buy it anyway.

Boooerrrs, Titanfall is gonna be hawt!

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

• dragonslayer4everdragonslayer4ever Member Posts: 22
    I read the review on Titanfall and checked out the youtube as well. It looks pretty challenging and the graphics is not too bad. Will be looking forward for it. 
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

I think Titanfall is going to be a hit personally....why....because it's essentially Call of Duty with Mechs and you can climb buildings and grab onto ledges kinda like Mirrors Edge.

Never been a fan of CoD "well maybe 2", but Titanfall looks pretty sweet.

• funyahnsfunyahns Member Posts: 315
     SouthPark is going to be one of the best games this year. So I would get that first