Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes Further Updated

Turbine recently released more information on the classes, this time concerning the playable class of Captains. It is interesting, although vocal outrage has occured due to its racial limitations: man is the only race which can play as a captain.

Here's a link to Turbine's updated page on LOTRO's official site: http://lotro.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=109

Thoughts on the captains or any other announced and detailed classes?

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
- Edward R. Murrow

Comments

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Hmm, I like what I see so far. I just hope the graphics are sensational and it will be hard to keep from playing.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227

Since the project of LOTRO switched hands from Vivdendi/Turbine to Turbine alone, the graphics seem to have... worsened somewhat. The vistas are as elegant, but some small details are jagged. Of course, it is too early in production to start worrying about minor issues, but nonetheless...

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
    - Edward R. Murrow

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

I personally had hoped that LoTRO wouldn't use a class system, I also hoped the name wouldn't change to Lord of the Rings Online, which I thought was just dumbing it down, I also hoped that it wouldn't use levels, LEVELS HAVE NO PLACE IN MIDDLE-EARTH! But that's how Turbine's doing it, so we just stay fucked.

On topic, the classes currently seem to me to be rather limited, let's hope they get expanded on.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Cold Fusion < Darkchronic

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• MerodocMerodoc Member Posts: 227

Stay on-topic or do not post at all.

Middle-earth Online means nothing to the average consumer. If you wanted for this game to be published, then you will know that this name doesn't sell. It takes someone who has read the books, remembered this one detail, have the urge to purchase the game, and conveniently be a casual/hardcore MMO gamer for them to be a customer. Sorry, that's just not going to work for the bottom line.

As for the class system--it is ubiquitous in MMOs. You are just going to have to deal, because this game can't pave the way because it is behind somewhat of an untested market.

- Edward R. Murrow