Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think is the best invention of all time?

Comments

• NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755

Dog collars.

Ricola cough-drops.
    MMORPG.com ::::35::

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384
    the pill

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• spydermr2spydermr2 Member Posts: 336

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    I really want to hear what you guys think is the best invention of all time. You can only choose your top three and please explain why. I will be choosing one at the moment.
    personally, I think that the printer by Johann Gutenberg is the best invention of all time. Without the printer, information, ideas, learning, and education would drastically slow down. Books would be high priced, school cost would be terrible on books and that's bad. Think of how it would affect the future after 1450? Oblivion.
    Ok, please share your thoughts and be serious.

Seriously: total agreement. The moveable type, which is credited to Gutenberg.

Top three:
    1) moveable type (printer)
    2) internal-combustion engine -- revolutionised transportation (we're still waiting for whatever comes next) in too many ways to be ignored.

Back with third later.

• johnyspiperjohnyspiper Member Posts: 77

I would have to say the Greatest Invention is the form of writing, or I could just say the Phonecian Alphabet (all languages included)..

• surjstrifesurjstrife Member Posts: 154

the electric guitar!

Good,Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!-Ash

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Gunblade

Riki...
    Are you serious with all the questioning about the Birth Control pill? Can somone be truly that misunderstanding over a birth control pill? It all seems like a your just playing dumb. And NO it does not do that...and why would you confuse a homosexual with wanting to be a woman very few are like that.
    There are to many good inventions to name my favorite...but right now at the top of the list has got to be.
    The Zamboni machine. Can you imagine most professional Ice Sports with out it !

Your a little late buddy. At that time I really wasn't thinking becuase I was half asleep. So you can say I was playing around. I do remember clearly what the pill was for. I learned about it in school of course. I just don't hear it being talked about ever since I graduated. I mean I don't hear it being poped up if u know what I mean.

About the homo being a woman, I hear about them taking some kind of pill to be more "woman" at least that is what I saw on MTV some years ago (True Life:) image.

Sorry image...that was Rikimaru_D(rowsy)

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• hartamhartam Member Posts: 364

Originally posted by Kiamde
    Religion.::::39::

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL KIAMDE?

The greatest invention is the computer. I didn't read any of the posts but some people probably already said it.

• harrison25harrison25 Member Posts: 17

GOD!        

seriously, more power, control, wars , money than you could ever possibly want.

all thanks to the big guy in our heads

• LazzerusLazzerus Member Posts: 99

I would have to say the refrigerate is the best invention yet....unspoiled food is awesome.

My opinion matters to everyone...

• Lunchbox76Lunchbox76 Member Posts: 294
    I would honestly say free electricity, mainly because the world depends on it so much. There are other inventions more important but they are not exactly physical inventions (eg free thinking, and stuff).

Playing Fallen Earth.

• ep103855ep103855 Member UncommonPosts: 47

THATS EASY... its religion...

• elenathialelenathial Member Posts: 9
    the amplifier   image
  • jaidenjaiden Member Posts: 35

thats easy... dammit someone already said it.

MMORPG's ive played
    Earth and Beyond: shut down *tear*
    Jaiden TE lvl 150 +++
    Chikira JE lvl 128
    *World of Warcraft: current
    Tarion lvl 60 hunter
    Anorus lvl 22 Warrior
    *Vendetta-Online: inactive
    Kioal Darkblade 8/8/5/10/9 Overall lvl 40
    "in-development open beta"

• SpiritofGameSpiritofGame Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

The Wheel, Use of Fire and Use of Electricity are the three most important "inventions" of all time because they led on, in variously more sophisticated forms, to the majority of our modern technology.

However, I suggest three other alternatives:

1) Sex

2) Drugs

3) Rock 'n' Roll

~ Ancient Membership ~

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I really want to hear what you guys think is the best invention of all time. You can only choose your top three and please explain why. I will be choosing one at the moment.
    personally, I think that the printer by Johann Gutenberg is the best invention of all time. Without the printer, information, ideas, learning, and education would drastically slow down. Books would be high priced, school cost would be terrible on books and that's bad. Think of how it would affect the future after 1450? Oblivion.
    Ok, please share your thoughts and be serious.

Our minds think alike, considering both of ours consider knowledge to be the most important thing.

Mine would be the invention of paper and writing utensils. Without these we wouldn't be able to record our history to learn from it.

• SlickinfinitSlickinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 1,094

Antibiotics are crucial in fighting the most common infections and have saved millions.

Hubble telescope lets us learn about our existence.

The whole Apollo 1-17 program, all the stuff invented for ghettin a man on the moon and btw their onboard computer was as powerful as a casio wristwatch!

{(RIP)} SWG

• sdoughtysdoughty Member Posts: 149

1 ) The microphone, i love to sing, and i love singing in general, by anyone who is good at it, I couldnt live without singing

2 ) The electric guitar, to do with my first point really, music in general I find amazing, and there needs to be something behind a vocalist

3 ) Radio, this was the start of the worldwide music industry kind of thing, if it wasnt for radio then music wouldnt be so wide spread and so big in the world

Also wondering as an add-on to the topic what are people worst inventions? things they really wish never came about for me

1 ) Religion

2 ) Guns

3 ) Westlife

Toughest rater in the world
    Try to impress me, please, i dare u

• JackallJackall Member Posts: 42

Fire of course, ... All those great things wouldn't have been invented without the use of fire.. Think of it... Forging iron with another metal or giving it another form (f.e. a spike) to hammer the iron spikes into some wood and eventually have a round wheel... Or imagine eating everything you hunt (think of yourself as a nomad) raw, not one bit cooked...

For me fire is the big one... Although it is prehistoric :)

I decide who lives or who dies!

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Me

Without me i wouldn't care

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Originally posted by SpiritofGame

The Wheel, Use of Fire and Use of Electricity are the three most important "inventions" of all time because they led on, in variously more sophisticated forms, to the majority of our modern technology.
    However, I suggest three other alternatives:
    1) Sex
    2) Drugs
    3) Rock 'n' Roll

Sex is nature

Drugs is nature

rock n roll is out.

Don't click here...no2

• ReLyTReLyT Member Posts: 6

Music - What better way is there to block out reality? Just close your eyes and listen to the music... ::::32:: plus it sounds really cool ::::28::

And I leave you with a question to ponder...

The first man to ever drink milk from a cow... what the fuck was he on! I mean SERIOUSLY what kinda sicko thinks of that! ::::06::

"Its good to question authority... just not mine."

• StedfastStedfast Member Posts: 101

1. Fire ( warmth, cooking. ectra)

2. Shelter ( without it you'd be in caves at best)

3. Domestication of animals/Farming ( without it you'd be hunting all day and not have the leisure time to invent all other thingsimage.)

• TalrocTalroc Member UncommonPosts: 28

Toilet paper ::::28::

• JizzingJizzing Member Posts: 25
    i think the invention of coputers :)

imageimage

• JizzingJizzing Member Posts: 25
    i tink the invention of cpu's......:)

imageimage