Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll - which big name mmo are you most excited for in 2014?

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by Margulis
    wow I'm surprised how few votes EQ is getting.

If people wanted to play minecraft, they'd go play minecraft. I'll be interested in EQN the game, but I won't be playing EQL.

ESO is going to be a pre-order for me.

Minecraft offers graphics that don't suck, and the opportunity to make real world money selling things you create in game?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Viper482
    Originally posted by catlana

I am interested in 3 for this year.

1. Elder Scrolls Online ( I like action combat & the ability to make my character into any type)

2. WildStar (I have found the Dev Speaks to be very funny. I hope the humor / fun is high).

3. Destiny ( Bungie hates the word MMO & will not classify the game as one), (the gameplay & graphics look incredible).

Maybe because it is not an mmo? Not coming to PC either.

From their website:

Destiny features a compelling storyline, competitive multiplayer, cooperative gameplay choices, wide open public combat destinations, and third-person community spaces where you can repair and rearm before going out on your next adventure.

These days people far too often confuse descriptions such as this for a MMO, or worse, MMORPG. Good thing the game developers know what sort of game they are building.

I think I'm looking forward to either Repop or Archeage, all a matter of which one actually releases in 2014.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Apart from the obvious really liked ESO but really want to get my mitts on Wildstar got a feeling this is going to rock and be something different and fresh,and Black Desert has just pipped Archeage in the Eastern Mo department for me as well.
    p>
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Gonna go with Black Desert.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

the elder scrolls online is the only mmo in development i am really looking forward to since WOD is on the back burner and i am not sure about EQN anymore.

after i get my fill of ESO, i may be done with mmo's for a while.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

In order'

1. ESO
    2. Repop
    3. EQ next landmark.

Tried Wildstar, was not impressed.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Archage and EQ Landmark
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

i'm not a big fan of western mmos graphics, they're either too serious/dark or too cartoony

GW2 is the exception, i love the graphic and the art

i'm waiting for Black Desert, but i doubt i'll be released in 2014

therefore, it's Archeage for me

• tiagotbp190tiagotbp190 Member Posts: 28
    Archeage
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Because its Landmark, not Everquest Next.

If it was EQN proper then it would have my vote.  I will play around with Landmark, but out of that list I had to pick Wildstar.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Only ESO.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Pyatra
    I'm actually really excited for ESO, but I do wish WildStar the best of luck.  I've heard a mixed bag from the beta testers but the haters always seem like the majority because they make sure to hit every forum.  So best of luck to you WildStar.

Wildstar seems to be universally loved aside from those who hate the art style.  ESO on the other hand has definitely had a mixed bag of reactions.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

Well as an EQ fan I was hyped until they revealed it. It looks awful and everything else sounds just meh - I can imagine shadowpaladinsdruids parkouring up and down the walls and mountains. I'm too old for shite like that.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Can't say I'm excited for any MMO this year but I am looking forward to Wildstar.  In beta for it right now so my interest may wane...or solidify.  The Repopulation is interesting, too, but we'll have to see how that turns out.  Too early to tell if it will amount to anything.  Oh, and Hex.image  Only thing I've ever given money to via Kickstarter.  Its in alpha now for all the backers and its coming along, slowly but surely.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    For sure looking forward to ESO, and Game of Thrones cause it looks incredible for a browser-based game.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

You have included all the crap mmos and not Archeage.

[mod edit]

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by RelGn

[mod edit]

There is a "other MMO" option.  Pick that and mention its Archage (do you even know if its being released in the west in 2014???) instead of insulting the OP.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Wildstar hands down. Looks insanely fun. But depending on it's release date, I will play ESO to burn some time. I can't seem to get excited for it but I don't think it's a bad game at all.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by RelGn

What tha fuck do you have in your head?

He said big name.  That means developed in the west.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I vote for "not listed" -> Elite dangerous (though I don't believe in soon as this year)
  • primetheusprimetheus Member UncommonPosts: 28

I am currently beta testing both wildstar and ESO and im dead excited for both although ESO is slightly ahead as i prefer its art(realism)style but as im disabled and housebound and will find plenty of time for both im sure.

I must say though the nda for ESO is hurting it more than hindering it as so many critics and people who dont like it are very vocal but us that love it cant say anything to respend so all i can say is dont believe too much you read be the judge yourselfs

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

ESO because I prefer a pvp endgame to a pve one.

But a lot of good choices this year, I hope.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Looking forward to Everquest Landmark and Next, The Repopulation , and Archeage, considering Ive done closed testing for ESO and Wildstar I will be passing on both of those games lets just say they weren't my cup  of tea, they felt generic, and stale and not really bringing anything new to the table.

• Mr_SneakymanMr_Sneakyman Member UncommonPosts: 43

Wildstar and WoD.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by primetheus

I am currently beta testing both wildstar and ESO and im dead excited for both although ESO is slightly ahead as i prefer its art(realism)style but as im disabled and housebound and will find plenty of time for both im sure.

I must say though the nda for ESO is hurting it more than hindering it as so many critics and people who dont like it are very vocal but us that love it cant say anything to respend so all i can say is dont believe too much you read be the judge yourselfs

Indeed. Hardly a day goes by without me bugging them to drop the NDA.

I see post after post from either pretend or real NDA violators spouting nonsense I know to be false. And I don't mean opinions: there will always be legitimate positive and negative opinions about different aspects the game but the misinformation about the details that gets posted here daily is just laughable.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED