Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The future of MMORPG's...

Is so exciting!

Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Hero's Journey, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Roma Victor, Auto Assault, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Trek Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Darkfall, Age of Conan, The Chronicle. Seriously, how sweet does the future look??

Bottom line is, I thank WoW and Blizzard for bringing millions of people who wouldn't probably ever have tried MMORPG's to our beloved genre. They will support all these games coming out and keep the industry from collapsing on itself. Thank you Blizzard for sealing a more positive fate to the future of MMORPG's.

My most anticipated is Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. What is your most anticipated MMORPG and how do you feel about the future of MMORPG's?

Comments

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252
    I hope you're right. What that graphic under your post?? Looks kind of like Pac-Man. Whoa!!! a Pac-Man MMORPG!! image
  • DrimliDrimli Member Posts: 21

You forgot to mention The Chronicles of Spellborn!

It is the one I am looking at to save me from the ‘nothing to play’ hell I seem to be in.

Age of Conan also looks good.

I only hope that this next batch of MMORPG’s live up to their goals and the players hopes or the future could look very bad. If they fail the genre could suffer and lead many developers and publishers to say "what were we thinking trying to be innovative, screw it make a WOW like game".

I think that graphic is the image - just real freaking big.

• SimplyMichaeSimplyMichae Member Posts: 86

And yet I worry that there are now millions of new MMOers that will come to expect a certain style of gameplay in the coming years. That many voices might be able to pressure developers into altering their projects to suit the percieved majority.

Who really knows though. There are definately a lot of cool things on the horizon.

~ Michael

• KovyKovy Member UncommonPosts: 22

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is what I am most looking forward to. ::::02::

• MunkaMunka Member UncommonPosts: 252

Darkfall, Hero's Journey, and Vanguard is all I'm looking forward to, and in that order. I swear to the evil MMORPG gods that if one of those doesn't deliver I'm gonna throw a flaming pile of monkey poo at them and get back into the development sence and finally make one that doesn't "fill in your own creative insult here"!!

• B._TOM_KiddB._TOM_Kidd Member Posts: 69

Pirates of the burning sea is my Most wanted :D

and for the future ?
    well, i doubt any MMO will do anything like UO and EQ1 did.
    the next gen MMOs will have diffrent pay model, and we gone spent more RL money on them.
    also, its seems that all of the franchise MOOs ar failing to deliver, since we have big expectations for them.
    oh, and SOE is Microsoft of the MMOs.

and for qualaty, if its not east asian MMO, its will close its gate if its sucks.
    lets stop being forgivens and start demand more for our money !!!

Wolfang, the lvl 50 Guardian of Splitpaw - EQ2.
    SuRfer of Werner - Planetside

• jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Lekri

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is what I am most looking forward to. ::::02::

Same here image
  • jmd10222jmd10222 Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by anarchyart

Is so exciting!
    Vanguard, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Hero's Journey, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Roma Victor, Auto Assault, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Trek Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Darkfall, Age of Conan, The Chronicle. Seriously, how sweet does the future look??
    Bottom line is, I thank WoW and Blizzard for bringing millions of people who wouldn't probably ever have tried MMORPG's to our beloved genre. They will support all these games coming out and keep the industry from collapsing on itself. Thank you Blizzard for sealing a more positive fate to the future of MMORPG's.
    My most anticipated is Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. What is your most anticipated MMORPG and how do you feel about the future of MMORPG's?

I have to agree with you hardcoreimage The future of MMORPG's looks bright indeed. Im really looking forward to Vanguard, but Star Trek Online (being a trekie :P) D&D online, RFonline, Chronicals of Spellborn. warhammer, the future is looking bright and getting better. there is something for every type of MMO player and then some.