Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom doesn't care about your characters.

ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

Let me explain, I was a pure devotee to this game, i loved it!

BUT

After being hacked twice ( once by a actual virus the second my roommate at the time jacked it)  they will not assist you.

It doesn't matter how long or how much you paid. They will perm close the account. I dumped more money than i wish to share with you all on this game, its insane. 

Then FC customer support wont even assist or help me in getting my original character back, Its not being played and they know it. Like i told them "why bother?" I'm not going to restart, i can't it's just too much work to re-do ( full AA's etc) 

I guess i should keep my shit on lock easier but i mean this could happen to anyone and not just me. Why would they want to push a customer away when they are a walking jackpot? I don't understand it...

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well to be honest account security is on you.

But to be honest it is just a matter of cost i guess,  to expensive to keep resetting peoples accounts over and over again. especially if the support structure is not designed for it and it all have to be done by hand.

So in the end i guess you are sort of right...

This have been a good conversation

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50

Bad Advice:

Here are their corporate locations, just walk in and kick their asses. >:)

http://www.funcom.com/corporate/contact

or

Spam their support form until someone helps you.

http://help.funcom.com/

• ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    ....got me, I reinstalled recently my guys all there was fun for a while again. I feel if you got hacked twice it's something you are or are not doing.

I've been playing MMO's since UO and never been hacked once.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

The bigger concern you should have is, "why am I getting hacked? Twice?"

I'd be more worried that my online behavior could lead to identify theft or similar bad things that are much worse than losing a video game character.

• ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

hacked once, roomate took it the second time. My computer is fine now, but its like they have a two strike your out or something. We all make mistakes like i told them, some we can't control. I told them i can provide them with any info. Instead they'd rather let it rot and lose a high paying customer. 

their loss

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Funcom doesn't care about a lot of things.  I was auto subscribed to AoC the beginning of this month though I had sworn I cancelled my sub.  I created a ticket for a cancellation and possible refund...no answer yet.

It's sad man.  It's not like AoC has a huge player base of tickets to answer to.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

damn and here i was looking forward to playing again....I love this game so much, i hate to uninstall that 30gigs but with my main go whats the point not to~
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

What I would do is start a small claims court case against your room mate.   Request Funcom to send you the $dollar amount spent on the account, put it into a company head leatter, and a statement stating they closed the account, which is their right.   If they do not give you that info, you can have it Subpoena'd for your case from them, they'll have to comply with the Supoena.  Then when you go to court, show the judge the amount of loss you recived by your room mates actions.    Ask for extra $ for the amount of time you lost also, just don't set it two high, maybe 100 per a years time.  Then take all that money and restart your account.  Only and best advice I can give you. 

Try to get your room mate to admit all that on video while they KNOW they are being taped.  A court will throw out any tapes that you obtain without their knowledge of being taped.  So they must know it or have a reasonable expectation of knowing they are being filmed when they say it.   Idk how well you can prove it, if you have many other witnesses or not but try to get as much evidence on that room mate you can before going to court.  The more the better.

I think to lure them into a trap its easier then you think, you just got to get them to brag to your face about it while taping and say to them I'm filming you,  I'm mad, and stuff like that, just don't say they are going to pay, say, I'm going to put you on youtube and expose you for the jerk you are, that usually gets them braging about it, they probably feel like your powerless, but they wont after your done with them.  Good luck.

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    funcom dose not give a rats ass about us i played that game form launch   had a lot of fun   when free to play came out they told me i had to reroll my toons to keep playing i was what no i am  not going to start all over   they ended up telling me  after a hour of trying to solve my problem to leave there game they did not want me playing there game and to just quit i had 1000s into this game they told me they didnt need me in there game well  i was screw this told my guildys friends and people on server i was done half the server quit  and we all fight on  nother day on other games sad funcoms  got a stick up there but and do what they want 
  • RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Tatercake
    funcom dose not give a rats ass about us i played that game form launch   had a lot of fun   when free to play came out they told me i had to reroll my toons to keep playing i was what no i am  not going to start all over   they ended up telling me  after a hour of trying to solve my problem to leave there game they did not want me playing there game and to just quit i had 1000s into this game they told me they didnt need me in there game well  i was screw this told my guildys friends and people on server i was done half the server quit  and we all fight on  nother day on other games sad funcoms  got a stick up there but and do what they want 

I call bogus on this.. There is no way they would tell you to make a new toon or anything, unless you have done some shady business. 

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by Tatercake

I call bogus on this.. There is no way they would tell you to make a new toon or anything, unless you have done some shady business. 

I play Aoc regulary, and there is something not right about this. Funcom doesnt tell you to make a new toon for no reason. You probably have done something illegal.

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by Foreverdream

Let me explain, I was a pure devotee to this game, i loved it!

BUT

After being hacked twice ( once by a actual virus the second my roommate at the time jacked it)  they will not assist you.

It doesn't matter how long or how much you paid. They will perm close the account. I dumped more money than i wish to share with you all on this game, its insane. 

Then FC customer support wont even assist or help me in getting my original character back, Its not being played and they know it. Like i told them "why bother?" I'm not going to restart, i can't it's just too much work to re-do ( full AA's etc) 

I guess i should keep my shit on lock easier but i mean this could happen to anyone and not just me. Why would they want to push a customer away when they are a walking jackpot? I don't understand it...

Then your roommate must have done something very illegal when he used your account. Cheating and exploits have been dealt with quickly and harshly lately from funcoms side. They respond to issues such as these much faster now than they used to a while back

• NineFuriesNineFuries Member Posts: 33

I played the game for many years and had alot of fun.  However funcom is one of the worst companies ive ever dealt with.  After myself having an account hacked they did the same thing and refused to even acknowledge the issue. 

Their customer service is absolutely horrendous and even if they made the best MMO in the world I would never spend another penny on a game with funcom attached to the name.

I would gladly kick any of their lazy european asses if they were in the states.

Greetings.

Thank you for contacting Funcom customer support.  I'm sorry that this account has been suspended due to compromised ownership.  As GM Gyhx mentioned, due to the repeated failure to maintain the security of the account, we will not remove its current suspension.  I'm sorry that we will not be able to remove this suspension and return access to the account to you.  You are welcome to create a new account to resume playing, and we hope that you will do so, but we cannot release this account, I'm sorry.  I realize this is disappointing and hope that you will consider returning to Age of Conan on a new account soon.
    I apologize for any temporary inconvenience or frustration caused by this issue.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.  Please have a nice day.

Regards,

GM Ffynnongarw

YEAH, Def not rebooting 6 years.  I'm seething right now...

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

http://www.ageofconan.com/corporate/terms

1. Username and Password. During the Account creation process, you may be required to select a unique username and/or a password (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"), and you may not share the Account or the Login Information with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the Login Information, and you will be responsible for all uses of the Login Information, including purchases, whether or not authorized by you. In the event you become aware of or reasonably suspect any breach of security, including without limitation any loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of the Login Information, you must immediately notify Funcom support.

You never stated how your roommate got access to your account, but I'll assume you gave it to him or you didn't protect your account very well especially after losing it once. It's all on you OP, Funcom has done nothing wrong.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

If you don't care for your own account security, why should Funcom have to clean up your mess? Keeping viruses and roomates from stealing your account is your responsibility, not theirs. 

Originally posted by Omali

If you don't care for your own account security, why should Funcom have to clean up your mess? Keeping viruses and roomates from stealing your account is your responsibility, not theirs. 

I do, but shit happens. I understand it's my fault but regardless they SHOULD assist me. 

Thank you for your reply.  The in-game Item Store purchase history for this account up to 30 June 2013 (when the account was last registered to your name) amounts to 61738 Funcom points or approximately USD 514.48, based upon the conversion of $1 US to 120 Funcom points.  I hope this helps.
    Thank you again and have a nice day.

That's not including subscription time which lasted from 2008-2013. So roughly 7-800$ spent with funcom and they could act like they careless about you. 

This folks is why you don't even need to bother with this shady company

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Funcom stopped caring about Age of Conan long time ago...

Probably when they released the game with only 20 levels of content..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by Foreverdream
    Originally posted by Omali

I do, but shit happens. I understand it's my fault but regardless they SHOULD assist me. 

Thank you for your reply.  The in-game Item Store purchase history for this account up to 30 June 2013 (when the account was last registered to your name) amounts to 61738 Funcom points or approximately USD 514.48, based upon the conversion of $1 US to 120 Funcom points.  I hope this helps.
    Thank you again and have a nice day.

That's not including subscription time which lasted from 2008-2013. So roughly 7-800$ spent with funcom and they could act like they careless about you. 

This folks is why you don't even need to bother with this shady company

I understand the frustration.. but as they other guy posted,  it is your responsibility and there is nothing shady about the result. As you say, it is your right  to no longer do business with them. Hope you learned your lesson.

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Feeling with you on this one OP.

The Ultimate Breakdown

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    this is more like personal issue then then company, funcom do nothing but good for me, they help me every question and problem, live support chat is the best. they help you right away on every kind of problem.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Are we so gullible to believe OP? How many times have threads like these been made only to have the company's CS team blow them up as cheaters? Hacked twice? Yea... sure. Stop cheating.