Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

not very impressed

toadsony0034toadsony0034 Member Posts: 1

I stopped playing wow about a year and a half ago and thought i would try this game.  I'm very disappointed by a lot of things in this game.  For example i've lost many items after i log out.  They just disappear.  Ive opened two tickets, its been 2 weeks and no response.  I have had to remake items or re buy items to wear because this has happened so frequently. 

The targeting on this game sucks.  I'll be running along and see someone fighting about to die, i try to heal them but guess what, you cant target them.  It targets everything and their mother except the one thing you want to target.  You can be standing right in front of the person and it doesn't want to target them.  It doesn't just happen to players either, it happens when you try to target items also. So yes, the targeting sucks for this game. 

Not enough bag space.  Need i say more?  Anyone who wants to master all the crafting professions needs to have alot more bag space and retainer space than what they provide. 

Trying to leave a party.  You should just have to select your name and be able to leave party or group.  But no you have to go into character open the party menu and then you can leave.  And if you joined by duty finder, you cant do that.  You have to go through duty finder to leave the group.  Pointless and stupid. 

Not enough buttons for spells.  If you're on a ps3 playing this and you have a healer or caster, you're shit out of luck when it comes to being able to put all your needed spells on one bar.  There should be a way to use a keyboard with the ps3, but there isn't.  The only thing you can use the keyboard for is typing.  And some people say there is a way, but if there was, why isn't it posted anywhere. 

Putting things up for sale not only costs you to sell them but costs the buyer also.  Where the hell is this money going anyway.  It's not real money, so why the hell are they trying to pull a government slap in the face. 

The cost to port around the map is ridiculous.  400-500 average gil price to port.  It can break someone really easy. 

These are just some of the things wrong with this game i can think of off the top of my head. 

Comments

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

This game has literally dozens of other problems that are FAR worse than the ones you listed.

Having said that, it's really not a bad game. Unfortunately it deviates too far from the Final Fantasy mold for my tastes.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I can agree with some of your issues, but I also think that some of the problems rest with you.. I beta tested ARR on my ps3 and targeting can be an issue, but that is only if you don't take the time to create presets and bind them to your controller. You can create many presets that will ignore certain items/mobs/npc/character depending on what you are doing in game. So you can selectively choose what you will target and what your character will ignore.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Agree. But my main issue with the game is more of a being completely letdown after having enjoyed FFXI. You simply cannot go into FFXIV with a single similar expectation as when you go into FFXI. They are so radically different, that I don't see many fans of FFXI staying with FFXIV.

IMO, FFXI is still provides a better world 13 years later, and not simply because of it having more content.

Originally posted by TerminalDeity

This game has literally dozens of other problems that are FAR worse than the ones you listed.

Having said that, it's really not a bad game. Unfortunately it deviates too far from the Final Fantasy mold for my tastes.

My overall issue with the game was the uninspired classes and combat mechanics. A lot of ppl on this site complain about having nothing else to do but combat and feel that roleplay is about all the other things... but to me.. when I roleplay in a game it is ALL about the combat.. being able to be the type of warrior I want to be. I found ARR to be lacking.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Ok I'm not really a fan of FF ARR since I feel Yoshi nowhere near kept his promises of making a creative new game.

However some of your points are questionable.

Targetting npcs and targetting players to heal them are two different things. If you are using the standard targetting you won't get to heal the people.

I only used a joypad once and then removed it since the camera was glitchy, however I do know that you can bind the L1, L2, R1, R2 to different hotkey bars. 4 bars should be enough have all spells + subjob skills available?

Harbinger of Fools
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

My overall issue with the game was the uninspired classes and combat mechanics. A lot of ppl on this site complain about having nothing else to do but combat and feel that roleplay is about all the other things... but to me.. when I roleplay in a game it is ALL about the combat.. being able to be the type of warrior I want to be. I found ARR to be lacking.

There's probably still an ultra-niche RP community where the members always speak in character, hang out at taverns talking about their adventures and issues, and fall into the devious plot of their arch nemisis guild who has kidnapped their guilds most liked female character whose name is Frank IRL.

I remember these types of guys from EQ2 and DAOC. I think they're most likely in fact the purest breed of pre-WoW mmorpg enthusiast. Seriously, these people are RAW CHEDDAR.

Originally posted by Shoko_Lied
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

There's probably still an ultra-niche RP community where the members always speak in character, hang out at taverns talking about their adventures and issues, and fall into the devious plot of their arch nemisis guild who has kidnapped their guilds most liked female character whose name is Frank IRL.

I remember these types of guys from EQ2 and DAOC. I think they're most likely in fact the purest breed of pre-WoW mmorpg enthusiast.

Don't get me wrong.. if i ever joined a guild like that.. I'd whole-heartedly participate... but I still can't get into a game.. that has such restrictive classes. If it was a single player game i wouldn't be so harsh.. but as an mmo.. it is quite restrictive.