Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character creation concerns.

Anyone else really concerned about the character creation?

Yes, yes... I know it's a beta. But is every class/sex combo seriously going be locked into a hair color? And no height or weight or proportion sliders? Really?

All the character creation vids I've seen on Youtube leave me with the impression that the price we pay for such ultra-detailed models is horrendous lack of choice on customization... which would be a deal-killer as far as I'm concerned. This fear seems to be backed up by a number of gameplay videos that appear to have people fighting alongside veritable clones of themselves.

Another, smaller concern are those blur effects while fighting. My GOD is that annoying!

Comments

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

With out knowing much about the game i could be off, but the character creation appears to be very rudimentary.  Being that the game is in beta i would expect the creation to become more fleshed out at launch.

Far as the "clones", i wouldn't be too concerned.  Most likely just testing mechanics with what they have.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by steelheartx

With out knowing much about the game i could be off, but the character creation appears to be very rudimentary.  Being that the game is in beta i would expect the creation to become more fleshed out at launch.

Far as the "clones", i wouldn't be too concerned.  Most likely just testing mechanics with what they have.

This is my hope as well. I understand that armor will differentiate players in any game... but I draw the line at a lock on hair color. I've lived with lack of body customization in WoW for close to a decade now, and it seriously feels like the stone age. Removing even the hair color choice would be almost mind-boggling. I don't need massive, over-the-top customization where I can adjust every teensy detail... but I don't want to quest alongside a person playing the same gender/class who is my clone in every way.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I don't care at all about character creation options, but I have to agree this game is unplayable in its current state of blurring and camera shaking.  Even FISHING has a camera winging blur effect when you catch something. 

Apparently when your camera fly's around out of your control and you lose focus in your game, it makes it more FUN.  So the bigger the effect the more FUN your having.