Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion has done a terrible job at communicating.

2»

Comments

• LordEbolaLordEbola Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    Originally posted by tom_gore
    Originally posted by jdnyc
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by cnutemp

How about you do some actual research as to why you haven't heard much? 

Game just entered friends and family.  There was nothing to report because XL games is doing the development for the west.  Just like they did for Russia.  Trion is the distributor.  

Are you 10?

mail.ru = distributior http://aa.mail.ru/news  223 posts

Now go to http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/

Lol!  

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO NEWS TO REPORT.  THEY AREN'T IN CHARGE OF MAKING/DEVELOPING THE GAME.

are you finally understanding yet?

wow

You are the one jdnyc who needs to do more research and not the OP, both with Mail.ru and Trion to see the whole picture, since you know nothing about whats really happening.

What's really happening?    Hartsman gave you an update in October.  They also gave an update in November.  Making you feel special isn't a priority when dealing in business. 

This is impatient fanboy rage and you guys are looking for someone to blame.  That simple.

Their updates have told us jack shit. That's why we are mad. The game was originally planned to launch in 2013. Now it's lucky if it's launches in 2014. We should be just happy about that?

The fact is Trion fucked up their business last year with End of Nations and Defiance and we have to suffer because their bad business and development decisions.

And we aren't allowed to be mad? Come on.

When did trion promise that the game would be launched in 2013?

January 24, 2013 by ArcheAdmin

Trion, in an interview with GamesBeat. He described ArcheAge as having an “incredible amount of polish.” Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by cnutemp

How about you do some actual research as to why you haven't heard much? 

Game just entered friends and family.  There was nothing to report because XL games is doing the development for the west.  Just like they did for Russia.  Trion is the distributor.  

Are you 10?

mail.ru = distributior http://aa.mail.ru/news  223 posts

Now go to http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/

The Russian version is already in Beta, that's why they are communicating.  There is nothing for Trion to communicate at the moment except for the fact that they agreed to publish it in the West.  All the other information about the game and the Korean version are readily available, why should they waste their time regurgitating it?

They will start letting people know about the westernised version when information becomes available.

In January Trion was announced to publish in the west and mail.ru to publish in russia.

mail.ru have been posting almost weekly updates since January. 

Trion gave us nothing until a few  months ago they did a few interviews for mmorpg and still havent posted anything on their news site.

mail.ru started their beta in December yet have had hundreds of updates / communication before that

Trion? nothing.  Don't use that fact that mail.ru is now in AA beta as an excuse for the complete lack of communication from January till now.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    They're localizing the game and have just entered friends and family beta..what more is there to tell....want them to sit on your lap and tell you stories ?

I don't think you know how publishing a game works.

Trion and mail.ru both were announced as publishers near the beginning of 2013.

Mail.ru gave almost weekly updates until their beta release in December.  

Trion gave us nothing until almost the end of the year.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

You don't know any thing about mail.ru    SWTOR OR DC online or any other crazy F2P game Greediness can't compare with them. Also did you see lead director of the project 100% is child  of some BIG suits behind mail.ru . also their personal is shity rude Russians.

Mail ru as any other FAIL company did all possible to Advertise their game including game community which hype the game so well.

Trion will do a terrible job if they will focus their money on false advertisment but not on good game localization.

I followed this game from XLgame CBT until now and because of all waiting and info I found I hated the project in a nut shell it's FARM VILE in party. With some PVP by the way massive PVP is about range  not dynamic at all extremely boring !

When TRION will release info it will be like a  HUGE BOMB  any way this year will bring great competition for cookie cutters

Originally posted by MikePaladin

You don't know any thing about mail.ru    SWTOR OR DC online or any other crazy F2P game Greediness can't compare with them. Also did you see lead director of the project 100% is child  of some BIG suits behind mail.ru . also their personal is shity rude Russians.

Mail ru as any other FAIL company did all possible to Advertise their game including game community which hype the game so well.

Trion will do a terrible job if they will focus their money on false advertisment but not on good game localization.

I followed this game from XLgame CBT until now and because of all waiting and info I found I hated the project in a nut shell it's FARM VILE in party. With some PVP by the way massive PVP is about range  not dynamic at all extremely boring !

When TRION will release info it will be like a  HUGE BOMB  any way this year will bring great competition for cookie cutters

Its better that anything else on the market (for me).  All there is currently are wow clones and full loot pvp sandboxes.  Now that may change later this and early next year with the slew of kickstarter indie sandboxes coming out which I will be trying every single one :)

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

I think something is up. Either with AA or with TRION. Remember the backlash AA got here in the west not so long ago?

It's entirely possible they've made some changes (or had them one, whatever) because TRION should know how the western mind works. Hell hath no fury like an MMORPGer who's feeling he got a shitty product.

They have one shot. One good moment to make a good impression with the populace.

TRION will throttle the marketing when it's time. I'm sure we'll be happy with the features they decided to leave in the game.

The last they want is another dud on their hands.

We are a whiny/demanding bunch filled with individualists (vs. the eastern group mentality) after all. They know. Ohhh they know.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    In my opinion, they fear about Archeage hurting Rift, thats why they are in no hurry to publish or talk about it. We could even go further and say they bought the publish rights in the west to avoid anyone else doing so, but I'd say thats going too far ;D

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by alakram
    In my opinion, they fear about Archeage hurting Rift, thats why they are in no hurry to publish or talk about it. We could even go further and say they bought the publish rights in the west to avoid anyone else doing so, but I'd say thats going too far ;D

There's probably a bit of truth to that as Trion has been working very hard as of late to boost the features in Rift and ensure that it can hold its own. On the flip side, as long as they are the publisher, at least they retain any bolters that leave Rift for ArcheAge.  It's very similar to the way Sony abandoned Vanguard as they didn't want it taking any share away from EQ2, but kept it around just to keep those players at least paying them.