Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Noob Alert!

Just began playing Neverwinter and have a "few" questions. Right now I'm doing "Free to Play" to see how much I'll enjoy the game and I'm pretty sure I'll join the pay game fairly soon. This is an enjoyable game.

I couldn't figure out two of the quests I got so, for the time being, I decided to abandon them and return to them later. I have no quests now and can't find a contact to give me any. How do I get another quest or find the contacts that gave me the quests I abandoned?

I tried the Job Board. I clicked on a mission but can't figure out how to start it/accept it!  Finally how does one get from one zone to another. One reason I abandoned a quest was I couldn't figure out how to get there! Yes I am a NOOB! Yes I am confused, and that's not  really hard thing to do now a days! Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

What Torvaldr wrote - Or, if anything else fails, you can always go back to Knox, he's the quest starter for every area.

But if you ditched a quest inside an area somewhere along the questchain, and you "overleveled" it, then there's no other option, you need to speak with everyone to find the missing quest... That part of the game is not very detailed, because usually you easily rushing to level 60 even if you don't want to, and if you overlevel an area that means at least 2 more areas are already open to you for new quest chains.

edit: no need to rush with joining the pay game :) the game is fine as f2p until you reach the cap at 60.

• ahmpizzedoffahmpizzedoff Member Posts: 9

Thank you both for the information.

What do the portals look lie on the maps? I searched around last night but couldn't find one.

It has an icon of a small door, and it's listed among the PoI's of the map.

Which area and level is it?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Go to the main city ,speak to the Sargent (till he stop giving new area (level 60 ish)once you reach the area just before guntlgrym you all be a bit closer to end game .you all be sent to November so you all know sergeant isn't your quest giver anymore.there are lot of quest in each map some are on the floor some dropped by mob etc .usually you just go back to quest giver if you dropped a quest.at end game you all do lot of daily to get geared enough to tackle 9200 content or level 62 dungeon

Thanks to all for the help. I managed to figure out where/what the portals are. I'm by the Sgt. and all he wants to do is give me a PvP quest, which I don't care for, so I'll try the one suggestion to keep asking him for a quest till he gets tired of me! :)

Found a web site with a walk through and maps so picked up quite a bit of info there also. Really beginning to enjoy this game. Played Cryptic's other game City of Heroes/City of Villains for 8 years, until NCSoft shut it down a year ago. That's when I took the character name I now use! Been looking for an mmorpg comparable to CoH and was pleasantly surprised when I saw they had this game. 

Originally posted by ahmpizzedoff

That's when I took the character name I now use! Been looking for an mmorpg comparable to CoH and was pleasantly surprised when I saw they had this game. 

The pvp intro quest is somewhere around lvl10 if I remember correctly. It's only a guide one, you don't have to pvp, just go there and give it in. But at level 10 he should also give you the Tower District starter one. (that zone is the lvl10-15 one)

If you long for a CoH-similar game (and a Cryptic one, too), why not trying out CO? That was the one they made after leaving CoH behind. A bit different game, in some parts CoH was better, but the Freeform is great.

Tried Champions when they first released it and really didn't care for it. CoH was still running so I wasn't really looking that hard for another MMO.

I'm finding that Neverwinter  is very close to taking the place of the old CoH. I'm still sorry it's gone but it's been over a year now and it's looking more and more like the efforts to get it back on with a different publisher are fading. NCSoft just refuses to sell it for a reasonable amount and efforts to get another company to buy it have just about been expended. The CoH community has been working very hard to try and get it back but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I do have a Neverwinter question though. My companion is telling me he could use a new weapon, but I can't figure out how to give him one. Can it be a weapon that my character can use or is there a place to buy weapons specifically for what type companion you have?

• ChadiwickerChadiwicker Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by ahmpizzedoff

I do have a Neverwinter question though. My companion is telling me he could use a new weapon, but I can't figure out how to give him one. Can it be a weapon that my character can use or is there a place to buy weapons specifically for what type companion you have?

You can't equip a companion with a weapon. You can equip them with rings, belts, cloaks, icons, talismans, sword knots and necklaces depending on what equipment the companion is pre-assigned for. If you open your character sheet and go to the companion tab, you can select the companion you want to equip and you will see the three equipment slots and three runestone slots.