Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats your fav wepon (any era as long as u've seen an image of it)

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Vergeltung, I am sorry but I disagree because the HK USP Compact is by far my best all-round concealable firearm.  Let me tell you why those pics are there:

1. I was responding to Sackynut saying, "I like compact things that you can whip out..."  Hence a compact pistol.  I never said this was my favorite weapon.
    2. While your generalizations about pistol caliber are moderately based on truth, it is obvious to me that you have not looked very hard at the .40 S&W.  If you had, you would know that in the hands of a skilled shooter a .40 S&W semi-auto pistol is one of the best compromises between stopping power, magazine capacity, controllable refire rate, concealability and accuracy at short to medium range.  I know you said "you have shot a couple of those," but I cannot believe that a skilled shooter would say they are terrible.  Honestly, I don't question your ability, much more your dedication to learning to shoot the particular gun you were using.
    3. No semi-auto is as reliable as a revolver by design and why you even say this boggles me.  Compairing it to a revolver is pointless in regards to reliability.  With that said, there is a growing number of people that feel that a semi-auto, while more prone to stoppage, is actually less catastrophic due to the semi-auto's ease in clearing problems.  Therefore, there is an arguement out there that semi-auto's are more reliable than revolvers.
    4. For the record, even in most competitive pistol events, the .40 S&W is only considered a boarderline "major" caliber for a pistol.  9mm and .38 specials being considered "minor" and .45 ACP and .357 being considered "major".  It is by no means a "stupidly large caliber."  In fact, in the hands of highly skilled pistol shooters, I have yet to see a "stupidly large caliber" for any mass produced pistol. 

I suggest you read up on your stopping powers here, or you can keep up with the ongoing stopping-power debate.  For a pretty typical review of the HK USP compact you can look here.  I have been shooting since I was 6 and have competitively shot at the national (USA) level for nearly 22 years in everything from international air-rifle and small bore three position, to civil war era black powder pistol and rifle, to military service rifle, military three-gun, police pistol, and 1000m rifle.  Competitive target and action shooting has literally been a part of every stage of my life to include a brief time as an international competitor in my early 20's.  Needless to say, in my hands, that HK USP .40 Compact is significantly better than terrible.

• soulxxkillsoulxxkill Member Posts: 3
    i reckon the flail is really cool. imagine what it could do to someones face! imageimage

^_^

• ready2riotready2riot Member Posts: 32
  • DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

The Sgian Dhu

Guns?

No.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Darkchronic

The Sgian Dhu
    Guns?
    No.

that is a terrible terrible knife......

it has no redeeming value in concealability, that is a crappy point(all of their points are done in a crappy angle and way that only works with longer thinner blades), its too short to slash.

as they said ceremonial.

and i happen to have one of those.

i can tell you first hand they suck.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Flachette shotgun shells.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

Kunai

Kunai, for some reason I just like it.

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

Originally posted by Vergeltung
    Originally posted by Darkchronic
    The Sgian Dhu
    Guns?
    No.
    that is a terrible terrible knife......
    it has no redeeming value in concealability, that is a crappy point(all of their points are done in a crappy angle and way that only works with longer thinner blades), its too short to slash.
    as they said ceremonial.
    and i happen to have one of those.
    i can tell you first hand they suck.

Exactly, it's a ceremonial thing, I personally don't intend to go out and stab someone with my crappy angled blade, however, I do question my relatives motives, given the fact I was 9 when they bought me that, but they had taken the liberty to dull it's edge.

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

M1 Garand, deffinitely. I've had the pleasure of firing one, and they're just awesome.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• TanjinTanjin Member Posts: 87

good sword is always nice

preferred style

http://www.swords-n-stuff.com/swords/uc/uc1352gdnb.jpg

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Gunblade

Originally posted by ViolentY
    The Gunblade.

Here's a picture of a real one:

You make it sound like FF8 originally made the gunblade (meaning it didn't exist till then)... but who knows unless u tell us.image

Honestly my favorite weapon is:

WOOD. Looking back, I made a lot of cool weapons out of wood. Sword, Staff, Gun, Keyblade (u guys remember my KeyBlade?)...I even made a Manrikigusari out of wood and chain.

If you don't think I'm serious then the Manrikigusari would be my favorite:

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• YngiloYngilo Member Posts: 14

Sorry to bother Gunblade. But does your "bladed gun" actually has a real background, name and history? I'm really curious to learn more, it does look so handy,(such as when one is out of ammo, it can be used a a good dagger...)

Do you personnaly own one? IF so, Mind to ask you how come?

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396

The Barrett m82a1 .50 BMG anti material rifle.

Specifications
    - Caliber .50 BMG (12.7 X 99mm)
    - Chamber Chambered for commercial and MATCH ammunition
    - Operation Semi-Automatic - Short Recoil Cycle
    - Barrel Length 29 inches (73.67 cm)
    - Rifling Twist 1 turn in 15 inches (38.1 cm)
    - Rifle Weight 33.8 pounds (12.9kg)
    - Overall Length 57 inches (144.78 cm)

Official Effective range : 1800 m, but has proved being capable of hitting moving vehicles on a distance of over 2000 m in the gulf war.

Would love to try one of these bastards...

--------------------------------------------

• JizzingJizzing Member Posts: 25
    i would say big swords lik buster blade .image

---------------------------------------------
    imageimage

• JizzingJizzing Member Posts: 25

big swords like a buster blade

---------------------------------------------
    imageimage

• ninjaBeaverninjaBeaver Member Posts: 158

Hmmm

Well i love John Matrix's main weapon in Commando
    because it suited Arny.

And his other weapon of mass destruction

Jason's Machete
    Freddy's Finger Knives
    Staff
    Rambo's Exploding Bow & Arrow
    Nunchakus
    Excalibur
    Death Star
    Light Sabres
    Rapier (i love them in games)
    Mortars
    Flamethrowers

are awesome as well

image image image

• KaptainZergKaptainZerg Member Posts: 322

Fave weapon depends on the situation.

At a boring party, work meeting, or crowded elevator with some guy yacking on his mobilephone: bad breath.

For deadly human interaction: SW .38 five-shot revolver; it's got a long barrel and the frame is small so it fits nicely in the hand.

Video games: UT99 Sniper rifle (Headshot!), Quake 3 Rocket launcher

• MoshpitMoshpit Member Posts: 65

I would have to say straight off a 10 gauge sawed off shotgun cause there aint nothin like blowin off the head of someone who dont know how to stfu.

:)

arent we all just so fckin friendly 

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Gunblade

Originally posted by Yngilo
    Sorry to bother Gunblade. But does your "bladed gun" actually has a real background, name and history? I'm really curious to learn more, it does look so handy,(such as when one is out of ammo, it can be used a a good dagger...)

Do you personnaly own one? IF so, Mind to ask you how come?

No I don't own one. A gunblade is really simple, it was a way of combining the bayonet and gun into one. That picture was off of a imgboard a long time ago devoted to guns.

I actually have no idea on the history of them, never bothered. But if one were to look into it I would not use Google or Wikipedia I betcha nothing but FF8 will come up.

it wasnt uncommon for pirates to have an attached flintlock pistol to their sword.

however making it a revolver or semi auto would pose many many problems most notable of which would be the blade would basically chip and shatter because its hanging off a pipe and welding the two together wouldnt work very well and the weighting on it would be terrible.

it is an entirely impractical idea. but it looks good on paper and in video games.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• SecretsSecrets Member Posts: 175

*bumping thread*

I've got two .50AE Desert Eagles, Mark XIX edition.

Both forged with Titanium Carbon Nitride.

.50AE Jacketed Hollow Point .300 grain ammunition

You can't even imagine how cool they look. haha! They're my babies.

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

Fav weapon of any era? Has to be the trebuchet. Not as concealable as a knife, not as elegant as a katana or as forceful as a gun, but absolutely without parallel when it comes to flinging a diseased cow's carcass over a garden wall.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

Originally posted by Mandolin

Fav weapon of any era? Has to be the trebuchet. Not as concealable as a knife, not as elegant as a katana or as forceful as a gun, but absolutely without parallel when it comes to flinging a diseased cow's carcass over a garden wall.

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/hamster.wav
    http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/taunt.wav

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/runaway.wav

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399