Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where can I download the game?

NikolausNikolaus Member UncommonPosts: 18

I want to start playing this game again, but my game is in a cellar at my old place (I've moved to uk), but I still have cd key, so all I need is a game. Anyone know where can I dowload it? If its available.

Thx

Comments

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

I am pretty sure that you can upgrade the trial version - which is available for download on http://www.trialoftheisle.com
    All you have to do is change something in the command-string of the desktop link - right-click, properties (there it says that the eq2.exe should be started as "trial" - this part has to be changed, although I can't remember how...maybe you find someone who can help you there - I dont have the game installed atm so I cant check for myself).
    Maybe the program automatically starts downloading the whole game if you log in with your "full" account, tho.

• NikolausNikolaus Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I downloaded trial and I tried to log on my old account, but it said that this game is just for new users and i cant log to existing account.
  • LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

in that case try changing the "trial"-value in the option-string to something else or completly remove the "trial"-part (as described above)
    It should now be possible to use the trial-client as full client. There are two ways the trial client checks whether you are on a trial: your account status and the command.string in the link. If your account is flagged as "activated/full" and the trial-tag is removed it *should* be possible to start the game as full version

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    You can't download the original game, sadly. You have to buy it, which shouldn't be that hard to do. You can pick up a collectors edition for 30 bucks or less at your local game shop or tech store.

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Originally posted by Nikolaus

I want to start playing this game again, but my game is in a cellar at my old place (I've moved to uk), but I still have cd key, so all I need is a game. Anyone know where can I dowload it? If its available.
    Thx

Just woundering if the OP has solved his problem?