Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will there be full loot?

2»

Comments

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by mari3k

Omg the "will there be full loot" kiddies again….

NO THERE WONT !!

Full loot means Dead Game ! Look at darkfail, that mess is the outcome of full loot.

No, "that mess" is an outcome of poor development.

Back to GV, what part can't you understand?

"Basically system is basing on a exact amount of time needed to loot parts of victim equipment. So in some cases players will be able to fully loot an enemy, and in some they will be able to loot only part of it."

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206

here is some time for respaw 20sec? adn armor takes 15s to loot..

respawn is with equipment and cancel looting!! so full loot is only teoretical..  killer must choose what want loot.. many things from inventory or one or two from body..

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    From what i've seen on their forums, they're still in between full loot or partial loot
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    It won't be full loot. It will be partial loot where you can loot anything but you are limited by time and how much you can carry. This still needs testing and twitching but so far I like their idea.
  • badbingo10badbingo10 Member Posts: 46

Omg the "will there be full loot" kiddies again….

NO THERE WONT !!

Full loot means Dead Game ! Look at darkfail, that mess is the outcome of full loot.

Your so mature and wise, and errr..... wrong.

What a really informative thread I've found, people claiming its full loot, then people claiming its partial, then its undecided, then it IS decided a little bit, then not at all.

As the title says "Will there be full loot?" It's not a trick question, if you have no clue, no interest, or wish to share your uneducated views about darkfall, please feel free to not post.

This is an important factor for some when considering which developing mmo's to follow, and which to rule out and ignore. 4 pages of mostly guess work with maybe 3 informative posts, this is bad even by these forums standards.  

• kosackosac Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by badbingo10

What a really informative thread I've found, people claiming its full loot, then people claiming its partial, then its undecided, then it IS decided a little bit, then not at all.

As the title says "Will there be full loot?" It's not a trick question, if you have no clue, no interest, or wish to share your uneducated views about darkfall, please feel free to not post.

This is an important factor for some when considering which developing mmo's to follow, and which to rule out and ignore. 4 pages of mostly guess work with maybe 3 informative posts, this is bad even by these forums standards.  

Hi,

1 - game is in early stage and devs wants listen ppl so its relative open but devs have idea.. so nobody can say 100% how it will works but idea is to PARTIAL LOOT

2 - if you judge loot system try look at more aspects: gameplay, economic, fun, accessibility, challenge..

3 - here is link to official statement (read section 2.) there is actual vision of loot system:

http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=2552

4 - my maths are from body you can lost 2 big items or more small or more from inventory :)

Originally posted by kosac

Hi,

1 - game is in early stage and devs wants listen ppl so its relative open but devs have idea.. so nobody can say 100% how it will works but idea is to PARTIAL LOOT

2 - if you judge loot system try look at more aspects: gameplay, economic, fun, accessibility, challenge..

3 - here is link to official statement (read section 2.) there is actual vision of loot system:

http://forum.gloriavictisgame.com/showthread.php?tid=2552

4 - my maths are from body you can lost 2 big items or more small or more from inventory :)

1 - Thanks for the info

2 - Item looting is not my only criteria in choosing a game. However it's my opinion that games that have little or no item looting usually adopt this style due to the over importance of gear. I like item decay, open world pvp, skills > gear and risk vrs reward in my mmo's, and full or at least heavy item looting usually goes hand in hand with these other factors.

3 - Great link, and although this is only a vision, I hope they pull it off!

4 - Did you work this out from the numbers on the 'Official Statement' link or are you in pre-alpha?

Either way, thanks for the info and (at least for me) saving this thread lol :D

• benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Lol, alot has happened since the start of this tread.
    First nobody knew, then the hybrid between full loot and partial loot was shown to testers. Then is was posten on public forum and now even on their brand new website :D
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa
    Originally posted by goboygo Originally posted by Params7 Originally posted by mari3k full loot system = dead game. Be wise and don't make player looting, otherwise game will fail like darkfall.
        Plenty of themeparks for you. Please let us have just one of these good, AAA-level medieval hardcore mmo. I've been craving for one while you themparkers get new MMOs to enjoy every single month. 
    Lets see if the developers can figure out how to offer "full loot" without killing their own game off.  I haven't seen anyone pull it off yet.
    Eve.

Gate camping.
  • SoulTrapOnSelfSoulTrapOnSelf Member Posts: 190

well, the game is free to play with cash shop; adding full loot will speed up the fail process  

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by SoulTrapOnSelf

well, the game is free to play with cash shop; adding full loot will speed up the fail process  

I don't see why mmo's would sell items, armor, weapons from the cash shop.

Usually, cashshops are used to pay for boosters.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

full loot system = dead game.

Be wise and don't make player looting, otherwise game will fail like darkfall.

Really? Because the second most subscribed to game in the world right now is Eve, and it's full loot.

Not only is Darkfall not dead, but its population isn't where it is because of something like full loot.

Educate yourselves before you run scared.

Well said, also don't forget how popular dayz was(is) and alot of that is because its full loot. 

My blog: image

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

DayZ started as a mod with full loot. Now the makers of the mod have joined a AAA development studio and they are making their own full-fledged standalone game based on the concepts of that full-loot mod. It was that popular.

Its not that people don't like challenge in videogames, just that it has to be fair and not artificially forced. Like level scaling for instance, which kills the point of leveling up. One of the reasons why I look forward to next Dark Souls game more than the next Bethesda game.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Params7

DayZ started as a mod with full loot. Now the makers of the mod have joined a AAA development studio and they are making their own full-fledged standalone game based on the concepts of that full-loot mod. It was that popular.

Its not that people don't like challenge in videogames, just that it has to be fair and not artificially forced. Like level scaling for instance, which kills the point of leveling up. One of the reasons why I look forward to next Dark Souls game more than the next Bethesda game.

I play skyrim with a full loot mod. When i die, i'm outside naked. I have to kill a bandit with magic  to get some gear back and i dont care about artifact items. Artifacts are boring if you keep them on you for ever. It's better when everything is dropped by monsters, random generated chests and crafting.

I also play with the requiem overhaul and it turns skyrim into an unleveled meaning that enemies dont scale around you level. It's a realistic mod and they have the best ai in gaming.

I don't lose everything; i only keep quest items. and if you want, there's also a mod to make some items as important as the one marked as quest.

I play this while waiting for a good full loot game to show up one day.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

As our next big update is coming in few next days you will be able to check first version of our looting system by yourself ;)

Feedback will be appreciated!

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Awesome! Can't wait.