Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Continent of the Ninth Seal: Fourth Expansion Includes Level Cap Increase & More

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The third part of the fourth expansion for Continent of the Ninth Seal has been released that includes a level cap increase, new monsters and more action added to the Guardian's Tower.

Among the new monsters appearing on 20th to 40th floor of the Guardian’s Tower will be the boss monsters originating from the First to Fifth Continents, such as Ixion from the Fourth Continent, Orc Kayl from the Third Continent, and more. Moreover, there will be new quests available for each newly added floor.

The evil Nefer and his army have invaded the Guardian’s Tower in Raebin to find Tertis’ Heart, a special power protected by the water dragon, Artesia. To save Glenheim from destruction, C9 players must battle their way through each level of the tower, while fighting off Nefer’s powerful forces.

Read more about the expansion on the Continent of the Ninth Seal site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SWRC9SWRC9 Member Posts: 16

Wow, new level cap? Insane how it's at 65 now.. lol

Cant wait I guess, hopefully this update is great.

Thanks for the info SBFord, I don't really know who you are, but wherever you get this information from, please keep spreading more! It's a breathe of fresh air hearing the words Webzen+Update together =]

Signature: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/SWRC9]My C9 Videos![/url
    Latest Video: C9 - Intrusion Compilation #6 Dimensional Steal Fail! w/ Morg4nna

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Everyone of course knows what a level cap increase means in a f2p game.  Back to the equipment grind, purchasing all those crafting items to make the equipment uber again from the store.   Store purchases must have been slowing down so they had to soak the hooked gamers again.  

The exact reason I don't play these scams anymore.

• RadooRadoo Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Everyone of course knows what a level cap increase means in a f2p game.  Back to the equipment grind, purchasing all those crafting items to make the equipment uber again from the store.   Store purchases must have been slowing down so they had to soak the hooked gamers again.  

Such a general comment on F2P games making no sense for C9 and its shop lol.

Guess you tried to bash but Missed. You need more hit rating....cough (information).

Now, seriously,  im glad C9 is continuing with its next update for the already announced series of content patches to come. My issue with C9 lies more with the terrible company running this game for EU, NA and SEA servers.

There are loads of client stability issues, bugs and net sync problems, that if you manage to login without having Xigncode3 errors or client crashes after a few minutes while in the game. The errors represent themselves after a while and if you bother to write to the support-tech section, they never reply. My tickets are still open and are dated like almost 2 months ago.

So, if you have never tried C9 before, do it! Its a game worth playing and  quite fun, that if you manage to run it without issues arising. Be careful on comiting and investing money though, you may end up not being to play for long periods of time, due to game issues. 

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

What are you talking about?

Apart of lagging which I can agree on and some random losing connection to server (Doesn't happen frequently) I didn't stumble on anything else.

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    well at least vindictus and dragon nest (both similar to C9, both are lobby instanced MMOs) runs fine without hiccups... can't say i like Nexon though...
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes

What are you talking about?

Apart of lagging which I can agree on and some random losing connection to server (Doesn't happen frequently) I didn't stumble on anything else.

While im genuinely happy you dont have issues other than lag, its a known fact that many of  the C9 players have problems with Xigncode3, which detects 3rd party programs after launching the game and closes it  before it completely loads. These 3rd party programs can be anything from anti-virus software to anything else running on your system at the time you start the game.

You can find more info on this on the forum and on some other sites as well. If you have never had this issue then all the better, but you surely came across the "chat bug". This is what the C9 community refers to when the client hangs happen. I have no idea where this came from because GMs rarely inform players about anything.

I would honestly play this game, were it to allow me to,  as a matter of fact i even bought stuff from the shop, but every time i stumble upon issues which interfere with my spare time for gaming.

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Would love to play this game, but refuse to play games with gender locked classes.
  • SWRC9SWRC9 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by MrTuggles
    Would love to play this game, but refuse to play games with gender locked classes.

I don't want to sound condescending, but I thought the same as you, and I still tried the game out.  And to be honest, it's not a big deal.  Look at my recent yt video, you will see the passion and love I have for this game, it's amazing.  

You should give it a shot, the graphics and gameplay, and reaction timings are absolutely stunning for it's fast-pacedness.  (If that's a word, lol)  The only other game close to this, was RYL (Which also the main guy who created that, was the main guy who invented C9 as well).  That game is fast-paced, but doesn't even come close in touching C9.  

Yes, Webzen does have issues.  Yes, XIGNCODE3 is absolutely terrible, the bots that are in-game seem to me, they have their own client and network written to connect to the game servers.  So I still have no reason why they would still use XIGNCODE.  We asked them on the forums, and GM Ceth said it had something to do with licensing and they would have to wait until it expires or something, don't quote me.  Not putting words in his mouth, just something I can remember.  But the game is something you should definately add to your bucket list ;)

Also, we're getting new classes soon.  Heck, we just got the mystic, and there's a new Chakram fan wielding beast coming out as well.  And then the Nightstalker, then the Valcan (Shrek Fighter Brawler class) Not kidding, all coming out this year. (Valcan) might be next year I assume.  (Like I said, don't quote me, not in any particular order, just stuff I've heard/etc :) )

Edit: Why is this stupid system marking this post as spam and I have to enter in a captcha 3 times already?

Signature: [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/SWRC9]My C9 Videos![/url
    Latest Video: C9 - Intrusion Compilation #6 Dimensional Steal Fail! w/ Morg4nna

• PapaprikaPapaprika Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Originally posted by Radoo

Guess you tried to bash but Missed. You need more hit rating....cough (information).

Now, seriously,  im glad C9 is continuing with its next update for the already announced series of content patches to come. My issue with C9 lies more with the terrible company running this game for EU, NA and SEA servers.

There are loads of client stability issues, bugs and net sync problems, that if you manage to login without having Xigncode3 errors or client crashes after a few minutes while in the game. The errors represent themselves after a while and if you bother to write to the support-tech section, they never reply. My tickets are still open and are dated like almost 2 months ago.

So, if you have never tried C9 before, do it! Its a game worth playing and  quite fun, that if you manage to run it without issues arising. Be careful on comiting and investing money though, you may end up not being to play for long periods of time, due to game issues. 

Going to use your logic to prove you wrong: Such a general comment on the company  making no sense for Webzen and its performance  lol.

Moral of story. Stop using poor people PC. That is all your end and not server end. I never had those problems you run into, nor anyone in my clan. Yes there is a forum thread about the issue, but there are forum threads for all issues including: "I can't run this on my 16-bit VGA card". HErp-A-Derpa-Alerpa. 

And yes, this game follows the general F2P pits. Welcome to repetition grind fest that requires a potion to increase the armor drop, per chance, as a F2P get's a small chance. Suace you say? Ok, here is the sauce: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSc9gmhrR8A

http://forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/35/20120118/How_to_Get_Rich_Quickly_in_C9-4f1699e3bd4e24013-1.html

http://forums.webzen.com/Topic362049.aspx

Originally posted by Papaprika
    Originally posted by Radoo

Going to use your logic to prove you wrong: Such a general comment on the company  making no sense for Webzen and its performance  lol.

Moral of story. Stop using poor people PC. That is all your end and not server end. I never had those problems you run into, nor anyone in my clan. Yes there is a forum thread about the issue, but there are forum threads for all issues including: "I can't run this on my 16-bit VGA card". HErp-A-Derpa-Alerpa. 

And yes, this game follows the general F2P pits. Welcome to repetition grind fest that requires a potion to increase the armor drop, per chance, as a F2P get's a small chance. Suace you say? Ok, here is the sauce: 

Poor people PC? What does that have to do with the Xigncode3 software, in-game bugs or the client crashing without any error message? Now i wonder why i can run The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 on high settings without any issues....must be my poor people PC....oh yeah thats it!

As for your take on F2P you're clearly confused, all games have a part of grinding, subscription based or not. C9 is an action MMORPG and grinding is what it was made for.