Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So are we happy poll...

Comments

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Iselin

You don't think renting is consuming? And he didn't say it wasn't worth it, he's saying he'll wait for a "sale." You are the one saying it's not worth it. Matter of fact you've been coming to a forum about a game you don't like several times a day to say that... at least the people that like some or all of it have a reason for being here.

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    I'll wait for the game to "fail" in the subscription department so that I can pick it up for free. I don't see any reason for me to invest money into a game based off of many other subscription MMOs switching to a F2P model shortly after their releases.

Yes, clearly he says he is waiting for a sale there. You have been doing nothing but twisting words, outright lying and attacking anyone that doesn't agree with you. So what is your reason for being here other than to attempt to get people banned and cause arguments?

EDITED to add, and yes I pointed out that renting is consuming as much as continually paying to fund and on going project is investing. You always ignore the points that counter what you say and focus only on the part you think you can argue against.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Unless it's like DAOC, then it will be good! 

An mmorpg where PvP successes and failures influence the "lives" of every player in the faction is a step forward.  PvP where your enemies are different than you are, across three realms, is for most mmorpgs, a step forward (not just gang banger with guild v guild).  An mmorpg where instead of an instanced battleground where you access the BG via the push of a button, is a step forward.

Just fyi.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

I tried the game in the last beta weekend. I liked it, but the PvP will destroy it. 

If they had stuck with PvE it could have grown to be a great game.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I dont have enough info to form an opinion.  I have a beta key, but meh.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

I tried the game in the last beta weekend. I liked it, but the PvP will destroy it. 

If they had stuck with PvE it could have grown to be a great game.

What successful (North American/Western European) mmorpg has only pve and is successful?

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Unless it's like DAOC, then it will be good! 

An mmorpg where PvP successes and failures influence the "lives" of every player in the faction is a step forward.  PvP where your enemies are different than you are, across three realms, is for most mmorpgs, a step forward (not just gang banger with guild v guild).  An mmorpg where instead of an instanced battleground where you access the BG via the push of a button, is a step forward.

Just fyi.

Any MMORPG where developers have to give you a reason to PvP or create PvP environments for you is PvP for carebears and is 10 steps backwards.

Just an fyi.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    This game reminds me of swtor but not in the good ways (Yes, there was some good things about it imo). One word. Linear.
  • Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    It will be the type of MMO that I play for a few months out of the year, at most.  The problem is that unless you're really interested in PVP, there's only so much for you to do at end-game.  It's like GW2 in that way.

Actually, GW2 gives you free content every 2 weeks AND has no sub. I would say those are 2 major things that ESO isn't offering, although I am just guessing about end-game content since little info has been released, but you're right - what else is there to do after finishing all the quests and getting to max level? PVP or raid...and I'm not even sure this game will have a "gear grind" like GW2 does...so yeah, I agree that I will probably play for a few months and then cancel after I've hit level cap, especially since Wildstar will be releasing right around the time I do so...

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861

This game has already provided the best PvP available on the market and it hasn't even released yet. Cyrodiil's closest competitor is this forum, turns out.

To the OP: very happy. This will be an amusing year. Can't remember the last time I witnessed an upset like the one that is about to happen. It's like a triple-reverse mindf*ck that will illustrate very elegantly the base nature of the commentary of a myopic, entitled, unimaginative, jaded horde. 

So good. I almost feel guilty for looking forward to the fallout.

• Sky.FalconSky.Falcon Member UncommonPosts: 60
    to the people who say that there will only be pvp at endgame. What are your sources?

Pretty much played every MMO that's come out since WoW.../sigh
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Game looks like it is worth a try, how long I will play it for depends on the endgame PvP.
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    What more do you need to know about PVP besides this video?

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/media/videos/659

its got it all, lightning, fireballs, catapults, horses, arrows, axes, lots of people, walls being smashed, an elf on the top of the keep, what more could someone want from PVP?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Bruhza
    This game reminds me of swtor but not in the good ways (Yes, there was some good things about it imo). One word. Linear.

Well....

So far all story based  MMO´s have been linear.....  and since i love reading books and watching movies, i am got quite used to linear forms of content...

However, the first one building a non linear world, where every of your actions gets you inline or out of line with several of dozens factions, that will be my new favourite...(if the combat, stories  and graphics are AAA quallity too)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by discord235
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    It will be the type of MMO that I play for a few months out of the year, at most.  The problem is that unless you're really interested in PVP, there's only so much for you to do at end-game.  It's like GW2 in that way.

Actually, GW2 gives you free content every 2 weeks AND has no sub. I would say those are 2 major things that ESO isn't offering, although I am just guessing about end-game content since little info has been released, but you're right - what else is there to do after finishing all the quests and getting to max level? PVP or raid...and I'm not even sure this game will have a "gear grind" like GW2 does...so yeah, I agree that I will probably play for a few months and then cancel after I've hit level cap, especially since Wildstar will be releasing right around the time I do so...

GW2 story is awful, so that free content for the most part is a minor distraction to get people to hopefully keep playing and buy more gems.

• CannyoneCannyone Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Originally posted by angerbeaver

I did not like combat in NWN and Tera but I liked this game. For the person talking about books maybe they'll add the books in as a rare drop from end game/mid level bosses.

My only real gripe in the 4 levels I played was the graphics. I just kept thinking tera for some reason (although no one has agreed with me on this so I am not sure why)

What!?!  You think the graphics are like those in Tera??  Whoa... Not sure what settings you were using.  Are you sure you're not going blind? (It could be related to the onset of Diabetes)  Have you taken many hallucinogenic drugs in the last couple of years?  J/K but really I don't see the comparison at all.  image

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Yes, going to play for sure. Never been hyped about this one but adding up pros and cons I think I'll like it. Being P2P is a big plus for me as well.
  • loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    well the doubts and the lack of information means the same i guess ...

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

After each of the last two beta weekends I actually  found myself feeling sad that it was over. Other games I'm playing now just feel like fillers till ESO comes out for real. I want to get back to my characters and invest my time in developing them. I felt sad they were wiped. I know that's what betas are.

I am certainly looking forward to 4/14/14 and it's highlighted on my calendar.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Bruhza

Well....

So far all story based  MMO´s have been linear.....  and since i love reading books and watching movies, i am got quite used to linear forms of content...

However, the first one building a non linear world, where every of your actions gets you inline or out of line with several of dozens factions, that will be my new favourite...(if the combat, stories  and graphics are AAA quallity too)

By the looks of the poll thus far, the majority are happy with what they see/tested. The haters are a very small minority. /shrug

The game does not feel linear, the only time it felt linear was if I wanted to do the main quest line to get out of the starter area.

Outside that I never did that again and traversed the world and did tons of quest and never once was led down a path or made to go a certain way. I completely chose where and how I wanted to go.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JulkulaJulkula Member Posts: 21
    Pretty much in doubt. Mostly looking for good pvp (no need to be hardcore or full loot, just good experience) with friends. Is there really differences between factions so I could feel some faction pride in pvp battles ?
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Julkula
    Pretty much in doubt. Mostly looking for good pvp (no need to be hardcore, full loot, just good experience) with friends. Is there really differences between factions so I could feel some faction pride in pvp battles ?

Yes there is...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• JulkulaJulkula Member Posts: 21
    Well what kind of ? Only some small buffs for each race ? Or special class for each faction ?
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243
    Originally posted by udon
    [mod edit]

Some skills you will have to go out into the world to unlock.  There is nothing to say that there won't be quest lines or zones where the end reward is a skill and there are books in game that increase your skill point levels from what I understand.  

I was just reading through this thread but had to stop and comment on this. This is rose coloured glasses if ever I've seen it, "There is nothing to say there won't be quest lines...". Yeah, but have you seen anything that has said there WILL be? Or are you just hopeful and eating into the hype? Concern yourself with what you've seen, not with what you hope you'll see, or you're just setting yourself up for a fall.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Seems the sandbox people are unhappy

Seems the casuall PvE story people are very happy

seems the PvP crowd is still very much in doubt.

By now most of us should know what happens to just about every mmo that makes the casuals wet with anticipation.

-Moderately strong release, then 3 months in there's a rapid decline of population. A good chunk of the decline are the casuals themselves.

This is why we can't have nice things's. To make an analogy, MMORPG's have become a quick zoo visit, instead of a wildlife research expedition, which essentially kills the initial purpose of why these large worlds were originally created for in the first place.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Like every other big MMO release the game is going to get a lot of numbers in the first month. Probably well over a million unique accounts at launch. However, the real question is the longevity of the game. Will people stick around after 3 months? 6 months? That's the big question.

[edit] beaten

This discussion has been closed.