Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Getting New Class 2014

2»

Comments

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

There are many subgenres of what makes a game an action game.

Animation lock has always been a staple of a good action game for me. Without it the combat feels weak and without any heft. Like I'm swinging at air and doing whatever.

Skyrim feels just right when I do power moves that lock me in animation, thereby punishing me if I swing like an ass without thinking ahead.

• XepherdXepherd Member UncommonPosts: 105

"But developing race specific skill animations and other features to go along with it would take too long. Generally developing new animations and such for each race takes 8 months or longer."

What a lazy dev...with all the money from the in game shop + subs...I guess that's why we'll never see true support for TERA, we'll never see a TRUE extension..;because they said it themselves: "it would take too long"

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

time= Money, specially in the mmo business

i hope we get a REAL expansion, a la wow

besides..what else are they going to do?

they have a solid core product, i would buy a full Price expansion

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104

Gameplay video here by Steparu

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

I think they are still recovering from the NCSoft vs BHS fiasco. We already know the game has suffered a tremendous amount because of the lawsuit between the two. 

I have a feeling TERA 2 (or their next game) is their primary focus right now because they don't have to worry about backlash from NCSoft. Lets not forget that TERA isn't even supposed to be operational in Korea based on court decisions, but BHS went ahead with the product anyway. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo