Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC Gamer blasts SWG out of the water

ech0witchech0witch Member UncommonPosts: 67

This months PC Gamer (Jan 2006 edition) has totally blasted SWG out of the water. Despite SOE's protestations that the NGE is great and people are loving it, PC Gamer, a well known and respected gaming magazine that originally gave SWG a rating of 79% when released, has just reviewed SWG again.

This time round they have been less giving. In fact they have given a very honest and open score of:

27%

Now let SOE try and argue their way out of that one. 27% for a rating from a major international gaming magazine is a death knell verdict. Once the 100,000 14 day trial accounts close and SOE finally see how they have totally screwed the game, then SWG will either roll back to how it was, or close for good.

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Ouchie.

For that review I see some heads getting chewed off back at the SOE/LA offices.

Have fun

Erillion

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Did it deserve that 27% tbh?

The game doesn't work anymore, it's like they put WOW with SWG with BF2

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ech0witchech0witch Member UncommonPosts: 67

I'd say that 27% is fair. mmorpg.com gave it a similar rating recently, and other sites have blasted it as well. So its not just one site.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Since when has PC Gamer ever given SWG a good review? image

Their initial review of it was good. Also a few months ago they ran a piece about a massive attack on one of the servers which pitted Rebels vs Imperials in open pvp across several planets, and utilising reserve forces to draw the Imps out to locations far away from the Rebels targets. That was a very favourable piece.

As the Starter Kit has just been released, and is being touted as a new start for SWG its more than fair for them to re-review the game. And as an NGE refugee from Chimaera I totally agree with their review. Even the good things about SWG can no longer draw attention away from the atrocious new system and the way that SOE have continually ignored and lied to their paying customers.

• RainStarRainStar Member Posts: 638

Originally posted by Obraik

Right here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/archives/2005/06/star_wars_galax.html

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by RainStar

Right here:

Thanks, had not seen that one, must have been before I was looking for SWG reviews.  Interesting that they had a Low as "can't start as a Jedi" back then :D

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Originally posted by RainStar

Right here:

Thanks, had not seen that one, must have been before I was looking for SWG reviews.  Interesting that they had a Low as "can't start as a Jedi" back then :D

Yeh never wanted player Jedi in the first place, the game wudn't such a mess if they wern't in.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Here's teh official $OE response...

" "

What they'll actually say is "Look at our 2 favorable reviews. Here's one, at what's it called? SWG Warcry? That's reputable!"

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by Shayde

Here's teh official $OE response...

" "
    What they'll actually say is "Look at our 2 favorable reviews. Here's one, at what's it called? SWG Warcry? That's reputable!"

You forgot to put the word "unbiased" there Shayde.  Seems like the tables turned and anything against SWG is biased.

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Oh yeah.. just like anything that criticizes the republicians is "Biased liberal media"

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

27% is a fair review.

Nuff said.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• DirossDiross Member Posts: 179
    Seems to me that even the 27% rating was a bit generous IMHO.

Eve-Online, EQ2, DnL, SWG (Dead), Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, EQ, DAoC, Planet Side, WoW, LOTR, Tabula Rasa.

Well the magazine rates a 27% rating as Disastrous. Personally I prefer the websites rating evaluations.

39% - 0%
    DON'T BOTHER - Just terrible. And the lower you go, the more worthless you get. Avoid these titles like the plague, and don't say we didn't warn you!
  • BorgeliteBorgelite Member Posts: 5

Are you sure it was Jan 2006? I have that issue; D&DO is on the cover as the main story. I went through it and couldnt find a re-review of SWG. The only SWG related review was for the Trials of Obi-Wan expansion which they gave %50.