Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I ended up purchasing this laptop...

sizzflairsizzflair Member UncommonPosts: 29

Looks pretty nice.  I'm waiting for it to get shipped.

<<Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop>>

Intel Pentium M Processor 740 (1.73GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)

- 1GB DDR2 533Mhz RAM

- 80GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive 5400rpm

- 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6800 Video Card

- 17 inch Truelife Widescreen UXGA LCD Panel

- 8x  DVD+/-RW Dual Layer DVD Burner

- Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Internal Wireless

- 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Battery

- 3 Years On-Site Warranty and Technical Support

Nice price too image  can't wait!

Comments

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

Nice!

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• You should of gotten a better processor like Pentium M 760 with 2.0Ghz or higher and a bigger battery like a 9-celled one cause the 9300 laptop sure burns energy quick. A 60 GB 7200rpm hard drive is better than an 80GB 5400rpm one. Should of researched a little before buying dude, or it's gonna be outdated soon.

• sizzflairsizzflair Member UncommonPosts: 29

well my budget was around 1400 and I got this laptop for exactly that price... isn't that cheap?

If i wanted an uber laptop I would have spent 4 grand like the computer I bought before image

One day I'll buy a laptop that cost 5 grand so I won't be outdated.... until like a 7-8months or so imageimage

You know whichever computer you'll get and even if you have the BEST of everything, you'll be outdated in 6-12 months image (From my experience).  Oh and the battery... I don't worry about that cause I don't plan carring around a 17" laptop around lol.  I have my laptops plugged in hehe (Laptop to save space and possibly for travel purposes :))

• I got my 9300 this christmas too and it was just a hundred dollars more than yours, though. You should go to dealsea.com to check out some awesome discount coupons and stuff which can lower the price of the computer by as much as 300 to 500 dollars. Also check out newegg.com for some sweet computer parts at unbelievably low prices so you can upgrade your computer anytime you want.

Thanks a lot for the info image

By the way, what's the spec of your inspiron?  Do you have 3yr warrenty? because I ended up at like $1950 even with the $750 coupon and 2ghz upgrade, 9cell battery, 60gb 7200rpm..

Yes I'm planning to upgrade it in the future :)   Newegg is awesome image

• I_am_stupidI_am_stupid Member Posts: 70

Why did y'all buy laptops. They are not as fast, not as big (in storage, memory, and screen) and they cost way less. And you can also buy a sleek frame so it will be easy to carry and you'll be able to upgrade it easier as well.

the thing is the lack of space... I have a study room that consists of just a table in the center of the room which I enjoy my computer on.. I used to have a Desktop on one of those executive desks where my routers were, but I can't enjoy my games anymore...  And the desktop has pretty awful lot of wires and stuff.. also I'll have to purchase a wireless ethernet card and possibly move my table around so I don't trip over wires or anything.

Just to let you know, my parents are VERY strict... until I'm done with preparing for college, I won't be playing this game for a while except for if I sneak onimage

The story behind why I sold my awesome computer (4grand+ rig) is that my dad got pissed one day cuz I was playing CS:Source way too much.  My dad's like an angel, but he was kind of drunk and he broke my 19" sonly LCD screen with his fist.  I sold my computer on ebay and looked for an alternative.  I was trying to stay away from games so I was planning on getting like a $500 laptop, but I knew I hate slow computers (I currently went through 4 old laptops that were purchased like 3 years ago and fried every one of them cuz I just run too much crap lol).  I looked at the Dell inspiron 9300 and it was PERFECT for my entertainment purposes. 

It's 17" widescreen, which is pretty damn big for laptops lol.  I could carry it around and maybe go to a lan party if I had to without my parents fussing with me.  Alienware (the computer before) was sooo big that it came up higher than my knees when I'm sitting down.  The laptop is fast for a laptop.. 1 gb ram, nvidia 6800 256mb, pentium m.... it's not godly but is capable of running RFO for sure... many computer owners in korea aren't even as fast as the laptop I purchased... and the price is just image

So there's my whole story behind why I chose laptops heh