Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proof an old game can be modernized!

I'm trying this game while waiting for ESO to come out and I got to say,  I am surprised how well they were able to update the graphics on this game.

I think the game world sky is as good as any other modern MMO and the water has a realistic look to it also....   They have rain that is comparable to Skyrim graphics and fauna which looks nice on Max Settings.

I think a lot of older games could be really improved by this kind of remake, and its sad a lot of game companies let the games fall into a graveyard before doing this kind of update...

I hope to see more games updated like this one and really enjoy the game so far! 

Comments

• AndrimnerAndrimner Member Posts: 1

Remake!?

This is what the game looked like almost 10 years ago.

It was ahead of its time! Still is in some aspects imo...

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101

I'm glad you posted this, fistorm.  My daughter's looking for older MMOs to get into, after putting in about 250 hours into Skyrim and completing it, and Asheron's Call 2 looks perfect for her.  If these graphics were truly like this a decade ago, I'm amazed.  I think I'll give it a bash this evening, myself.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

..............When I checked it a few months ago graphics and interface were exactly the same as 10 years ago as far as I could see.

And I don't think they did any real graphic engine (or even UI graphic) update in the past few months.......

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

i think he ment that the highest resolution in AC2 is still comparable to the lowest resolution of todays standard. 

Of course the effect didnt change much since real next gen MMOS started to pop up last year (FF14). And direct x 11 is implemented in 1 mmo so far: Age of Conan. So effects didnt change much from direct x 8 to 9 . Just in direct x 10 were some rather big jumps.

Also the stylized graphic says alot- it is made so that games alter slower.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Also, might have still played it today but population was (and probably still is) so low it was very often hard to get a group. Not getting a group because there are simply not enaugh  people playing, makes me kinda sad and unhappy, enaugh to not play an MMO. Other than that there's just something magical about this game, defo worth to "play through" once or twice.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by ViperDragon
    I'm glad you posted this, fistorm.  My daughter's looking for older MMOs to get into, after putting in about 250 hours into Skyrim and completing it, and Asheron's Call 2 looks perfect for her.  If these graphics were truly like this a decade ago, I'm amazed.  I think I'll give it a bash this evening, myself.

12years ago even.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Can you say necro'd for post count?