Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

But this is Sony

124»

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by Nadia

you are taking glassdoor site seriously?

i could use the same site for any mmo to slam a game company

they are angry ex-employees that have been let go or fired - what do you expect?

While I have always thought Smed was incompetent and senior people in management need to let that dude join the ranks of the unemployed, I will take all of those quotes with a grain of salt.  Just like Nadia said, those are comments made by angry ex-employees that feel they have a bone to pick with SOE.  

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by jyoung2k

I'm a little shocked that so many people are excited about NEXT. Admittedly they had me it at first but then I started reading Smedly comments and the sirens and red flags went off.

Remember this is the company:

• that nickle and dimed people to death IN DC Universe (after saying it would always be a subscription)
    • killed SWG with NGE and then refused to roll it back even as subscriptions died by 1000's a day
    • mismanaged security and then treated us all like we were stupid while they took months to fix it
    • ignored devs when they said that eq2 wasn't going to be "awesome"
    Even now they are getting slammed by their own developers around NEXT.

I wanted to believe the hype but as a long time of EQ1/EQ2/SWG/DCU I know they will just screw it up.

I cant trust them again and I'm surprised so many of you are willing to... why?

Still not as bad as Blizzard charging a subscription along with having the most expensive cash shop along with charging full price for there games ontop of that, gota love bliizard triple dipping

Get your facts right here it wasnt SOE who killed SWG it was Lucus Arts discission for that one.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by sanshi44

I'm a little shocked that so many people are excited about NEXT. Admittedly they had me it at first but then I started reading Smedly comments and the sirens and red flags went off.

• that nickle and dimed people to death IN DC Universe (after saying it would always be a subscription)
    • killed SWG with NGE and then refused to roll it back even as subscriptions died by 1000's a day
    • mismanaged security and then treated us all like we were stupid while they took months to fix it

I wanted to believe the hype but as a long time of EQ1/EQ2/SWG/DCU I know they will just screw it up.

Still not as bad as Blizzard charging a subscription along with having the most expensive cash shop along with charging full price for there games ontop of that, gota love bliizard triple dipping

Get your facts right here it wasnt SOE who killed SWG it was Lucus Arts discission for that one.

SWG died at release. I did the beta, looking back it was awful yet I loved the game till nov 2005.

It released in Alpha state, the investors pushed it Live to get any dime invested with some profit back. Can't blame them for that but fact remains the game released with a lot of missing content because it was rushed in the end.

Then there is the discussion of the development of SWG, the engine etc, there could be a discussion of the roadmap from idea to Launch. But only the original Development team know how that really went.

But because it released way too soon, the devs have always been in pursuit mode to fix stuff and release new content.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by Uhwop

If it's posted anonymously on the internet it must be true. 

Am I right?

So which anonymous internet posters are right?

The ones saying the Sony does nickle and dime, or the ones saying Sony doesn't nickle and dime?

It was in reference to a site that allows people to post anonymously about a company. 

Sony doesnt nickle and dime, never seen pop ups referring to their moneyshop in their mmos. (/sarcasm off)

I don't think you're reading what I wrote correctly. 

The OP sited a comment from a site where you, I, or anyone else could go and claim to have worked for a company and then make a review of said company. 

Obviously anything written on the internet is true, especially when it comes from a site where you can post anonymously, claiming to have worked for a company without having to prove in any way that you did, or do, indeed work for that company.

It helps to read what you respond too, I never posted a thing about nickel and diming.  Blind hate is no better than blind fandom.   

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I honestly don't know OP. Sony has done some great things and they have shot their own balls off repeatedly too. I remember playing EQ2 and finding the actual content far better designed and presented than WOW but the graphics engine just killed it. I honestly feel that they have a good game in them and this might be it. There simply isn't the same kind of cloud hanging over this title as say TESO and you get the vibe the people think they are going in the right direction. Time will tell how this turns out. To my amusement what really concerns me this time around isn't so much the game itself as all the things around it that have come with SOE games through the years like GM corruption (man the horror stories on the net), account and billing security, and business model.
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

• that nickle and dimed people to death IN DC Universe (after saying it would always be a subscription) (Waah I had to pay for my hobby)
    • killed SWG with NGE and then refused to roll it back even as subscriptions died by 1000's a day      (Not sony's fault, too many hands in that pie.)
    • mismanaged security and then treated us all like we were stupid while they took months to fix it (Maybe they treated YOU like you ARE stupid? Because I got apologetic e-mails, and watched a global press conference adressing the issue the next day...)
    • ignored devs when they said that eq2 wasn't going to be "awesome"                                                    (Who are you talking about? EQ2 IS awesome. You are probly right, they shouldn't have launched it. Its not like the game is in its 10th year and gearing up to drop its 14th content pack with MANY full servers still running.

So.. you are a long time eq/2/swg/dcu player yet you claim not to like Sony? sounds like a hypocrite. Anyhow, the parts that make you look like a fool are in red.

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Latronus
    Originally posted by Nadia

you are taking glassdoor site seriously?

i could use the same site for any mmo to slam a game company

they are angry ex-employees that have been let go or fired - what do you expect?

While I have always thought Smed was incompetent and senior people in management need to let that dude join the ranks of the unemployed, I will take all of those quotes with a grain of salt.  Just like Nadia said, those are comments made by angry ex-employees that feel they have a bone to pick with SOE.  

Smedley is like the jesus of the MMO genre. Only misguided fools hate on him.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566

While I'm sure your points are relevant for many players, don't assume they are relevant for everybody.  I've had nothing but good experiences with SOE.  With two of my most memorable MMOs in their library, EQ2 and Vanguard, I look forward to any future development.

That isn't to say we shouldn't be cautious.  Trust is a word that should never be applied to a corporate entity.  The sole purpose of the entire industry is to take your money.  If you've resigned to trusting such a thing, you've only betrayed yourself.

• ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    While the site is questionable, and everything is second hand info....what is not is all the lies already about the game. It will be out in 2013 not a demo smed stated. It will be the next in the eq chain ( it's wow 2.0, no classes, no trinity) Now we landmark(which in not eq next) its mine craft-eq. Then that even got pushed.....semd and SoE lied more times then I can count...so that'd why I'm out.