Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The killing blow

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

"Company XLGAMES shared new information about the January update apart from the above. This time, we were told about the new trading system. Apparently, now losing trade packs during the transition will be less offensive to the pack maker, the player will receive only 40% of the value of the pack, while the remaining 60% will come in the mail to its creator."

http://archeagesource.com/topic/2433-new-archeage-video-previews-korean-10-update/?p=40146

Congratulations, XLGAMES! This is the kiling blow to open pvp. Remember, we will also get the changes (well, at first we need a release)

Comments

  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

    Why is this a killing blow to open world PVP?

  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,719

    Doesn't change my interest in it.

     

    I do all aspects of a mmo though, I do not just play to PvP.  I haven't played it though, but on paper doesn't sound like the OP is making it out to be.

     

  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

    Why is this a killing blow to open world PVP?

    Those trading packs were the only way PvP was rewarded in AA. Now they took away even this.

  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550


    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    Originally posted by AzurePrower Why is this a killing blow to open world PVP?
    Those trading packs were the only way PvP was rewarded in AA. Now they took away even this.

    By stealing from other players? Seems like this is an anti-griefing fix to me.

  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    wow, horrible news
  • KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,295


    Originally posted by AzurePrower

    Originally posted by mindw0rk

    Originally posted by AzurePrower Why is this a killing blow to open world PVP?
    Those trading packs were the only way PvP was rewarded in AA. Now they took away even this.

    By stealing from other players? Seems like this is an anti-griefing fix to me.


    Trade Runs are essentially dailies that you need to do in order to get special coins called Delphi Coins. Delphi coins are used to buy blueprints. Houses, Boats, Castle segments, essentially all crafted items require a blueprint to start making.


    When you go to a npc, they will tell you to craft an item for them, the crafted item will be too heavy to carry. So you will need to carry a resource pack on your back. Then the NPC will instruct you to give that item to another NPC somewhere in the world.


    But the Journey is a dangerous one, because you have to carry a trade package, it can be looted by anyone. If anyone kills you and loots your corpse, they can turn in the package themselves, and they get the quest credit.


    Stealing other players trade packages (especially for Pirates)is what made the pvp work in AA.


    Now XL games changing the trade packs, if you get ganked and your trade pack is looted you will still get 40% credit of the quest. While the other 60% is returned to you via the mail. So you can try again.

  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 22,129

    Lets get the game playable first here in US before we get into the details that will make it into EU/US version.

    This kind of thing could be easily changed for a different locale.

  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

    While I am unsure how this will play out, this change cuts both ways and has a chance to invigorate pvp. What I mean by this is that in it's current state (total loss), many choose to not take risks and accept less rewards by using safe zones to deliver their goods. This keeps players out of open pvp and gankers. This change may encourage players to take more risks and step out of the safezones more which could likely equate to more active OW-pvp.

    Only time will tell how this will play out.......

  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by steelwind

    While I am unsure how this will play out, this change cuts both ways and has a chance to invigorate pvp. What I mean by this is that in it's current state (total loss), many choose to not take risks and accept less rewards by using safe zones to deliver their goods. This keeps players out of open pvp and gankers. This change may encourage players to take more risks and step out of the safezones more which could likely equate to more active OW-pvp.

    Only time will tell how this will play out.......

    I agree. This will probably make people take the risk, and have even more PvP.

  • EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    As solo player i like this change. I am just don't want to be part of huge zerg just to have ability to complete quest.
  • KeksXKeksX Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Eigetsu
    As solo player i like this change. I am just don't want to be part of huge zerg just to have ability to complete quest.

    Your complains have nothing to do with the change they made. Your ability to quest is not affected by this and zergs will farm not on the open sea where those risky trades happen but on the islands which almost exclusively have safe trading zones anyway.

    This affects Trading and Piracy, and I don't understand how people can say that it is OKAY to nerf piracy even more after there are still < 100 pirates TOTAL in Korea and meaningful PvP is getting less and less.... ArcheAge is good partly because of it's OpenPvP. Without it, many of the things that make ArcheAge unique are missing.

    So saying this does not affect you is beyond silly - of course this will affect you. It affects the whole gameflow.

    Pretty much everyone dislikes thechange except for solo players.. And yeah I don't think you should cater to those as an MMO.

    @People will take the risks more likely:

    There is a slim chance that this is true and is my hope as well, however for that there will also be:

    a) more defenders for less pirates

    b) less reason to actually go pirate: 40% of the chest for investing buff food etc? The gold you invest in winning the fight is more than you can actually earn here. 

    c) still the same safezones. So you get fewer chests with less reward! Great!...

     

    This update is bad and it seems  XLGames that does currently NOT know what they are doing with the OpenPvP. I hope this will change soon or that they have a really good plan

  • adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Originally posted by DMKano

    Lets get the game playable first here in US before we get into the details that will make it into EU/US version.This kind of thing could be easily changed for a different locale.

     

    Ya what's the concern? We can worry about this stuff when it's out in a year or two...

    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

    George Washington

  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Hopefully Trion will get the game into beta soon so that we can start making these determinations from a more informed viewpoint.
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    I am puzzeled about the reaction to the change: since both Attackers (40%) and Trade Pack creator(60%) will get rewarded - so what is the problem?
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    Originally posted by DMKano

    Lets get the game playable first here in US before we get into the details that will make it into EU/US version.

    This kind of thing could be easily changed for a different locale.

     

    Ya what's the concern? We can worry about this stuff when it's out in a year or two...

    Trion said that in few weeks we'll get some news. 

    Also if they released it at the same time as Russian, the competition (TESO, Wildstar) would have been smaller.

  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG
    Originally posted by adderVXI
    Originally posted by DMKano

    Lets get the game playable first here in US before we get into the details that will make it into EU/US version.

    This kind of thing could be easily changed for a different locale.

     

    Ya what's the concern? We can worry about this stuff when it's out in a year or two...

    Trion said that in few weeks we'll get some news. 

    Also if they released it at the same time as Russian, the competition (TESO, Wildstar) would have been smaller.

    Trion said that a few weeks before also, and before that a few weeks as well. so these words just have empty meaning now.

  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

    It is the last nail to the coffin for sure PvP wise. This game has become a complete opposite of what it used to be. I have no idea why they ruining every aspect of PvP bit by bit. I guess gamers today just aren't ready to have any kind of risk in their game whatsoever. 

    It's still amazing game if you are looking for something a bit different. 

     

    ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 818

    So its not about the skill, the fight, the rush, tactics and gear... it's about the fact that you don't get to steal from others???

    Anyone complaining about this does not have a clue what PVP is about and is just a simple ganker. There are many games out there where pvp is not rewarded by any kind of loot yet people do it for the sake of it.

    I strongly suggest that all kids who want to loot others start finding another game... try rust for example, you can attack wood doors and loot houses while no one is even online, you are about the loot and not about the fight anyway. And go for Jita scam spamming, you are in it to steal from others, don't even try to undock.

    What a stupid complaint.

    No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

  • TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Kumapon

     

    Trade Runs are essentially dailies that you need to do in order to get special coins called Delphi Coins. Delphi coins are used to buy blueprints. Houses, Boats, Castle segments, essentially all crafted items require a blueprint to start making.


    When you go to a npc, they will tell you to craft an item for them, the crafted item will be too heavy to carry. So you will need to carry a resource pack on your back. Then the NPC will instruct you to give that item to another NPC somewhere in the world.


    But the Journey is a dangerous one, because you have to carry a trade package, it can be looted by anyone. If anyone kills you and loots your corpse, they can turn in the package themselves, and they get the quest credit.


    Stealing other players trade packages (especially for Pirates)is what made the pvp work in AA.


    Now XL games changing the trade packs, if you get ganked and your trade pack is looted you will still get 40% credit of the quest. While the other 60% is returned to you via the mail. So you can try again.

     

    Didn't realize you could do that in AA, kinda want to try it now. Traders in Mount and Blade: Warband were surprisingly fun, especially when bandits started running from you.

  • KeksXKeksX Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Spiider

    So its not about the skill, the fight, the rush, tactics and gear... it's about the fact that you don't get to steal from others???

    Anyone complaining about this does not have a clue what PVP is about and is just a simple ganker. There are many games out there where pvp is not rewarded by any kind of loot yet people do it for the sake of it.

    I strongly suggest that all kids who want to loot others start finding another game... try rust for example, you can attack wood doors and loot houses while no one is even online, you are about the loot and not about the fight anyway. And go for Jita scam spamming, you are in it to steal from others, don't even try to undock.

    What a stupid complaint.

    You apparently do not follow ArcheAge for long, huh? =)

    This is an integral part of the gameplay and makes up a lot of the Open World Content, talking about it only shows that you don't really have a clue about it. If you want, we can talk lengthy about this on Skype!

     

    Or if you want a short version(There are many more arguments, but t his is the best one):

    There is a whole faction (Pirate Faction) built around this gameplay. People create packages to make money, Pirates try to steal them to make money!

  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    If with this change the developers reduced the safezones amount, could be a positive change. But with the amount of safezones and still this....



  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Spiider

    So its not about the skill, the fight, the rush, tactics and gear... it's about the fact that you don't get to steal from others???

    A tear dropped here. I felt like a child in a catholic school receiving a moral lesson about how is ugly, naughty and bad to steal things from your little fellows.  :(

     

     

     



Sign In or Register to comment.