Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressions of Russian ArcheAge.

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

I have been playing Russian CBT for a few days now. I want to share some of the things that i have learned about the game.

PvE: Is a typical One-road type story for each Race. You just follow the story as you go.

Crafting: Mind blowing - ArcheAge has the most realistic crafting system i have ever seen in MMO's ( i haven't played every MMO, but this is the first time i have see anything like this). - You don't go around guthering craftng materials, but instead you Grow them in your own yard. From vegetables to trees and Animals. - i even grew my own Mount :D

PvP: I haven't got around to try it out yet. But i heard Naval Combat, Pirating, and Sieges are lot of fun.

Role Players: Heaven - this game will become very popular among Role Players that do not afraide to PvP. With Crafting, Trade, Pirating, Sheriff - Jail system - it really enriches the Role Playing expereince.

Russian CBT - had RP Bubble Chat system with lots of option - Say/Shout/Whisper/Private Message. You can sit on chair, lie on the bed, climb ladders and trees. You can create your own family in the game. Build your own house, own your own yard.

Mounts:

• Run - you can increase your speed at the expanse of Mana.
  • Typical Mount - From horses to magical  creatures, or you can mount a Donkey, or a Cow.
  • Flying Mount - Gliders.

Story Setting: is West vs East.

• West side: European/American Humans + Elves - You would see a typical culture of early Renaissance Ear ( I think )
  • East side: Asian Humans + Cats ( look a bit like Na'vi from Avatar) - On this side you would see Chinies/Korean and what looks to me like Persian Empire culture - don't quote me on this please, i don't know enough about Asia to make an accurate statement.

Conclusion: i had a very positive experience with Russian CBT - and i am looking forward to Trions version of ArcheAge. This looks like is going to be a fun RP-PvP MMORPG.
I hope RP community will pick up this game, as they will have a lot of great time with it.

Comments

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Just one question. How grindy is it? Compared to other Korean games like Aion.

I loved Aion. I thought the grind was worth it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    questing to level cap is my biggest concern. Are there other viable means of leveling? I've heard that there is not.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Daxamar

Koreans love grind and maybe the little/absency of grind in AA is partly responsible for it's no so good reception there.

The developers in Korea should make 90% of the level cap easy/fast to reach and 10% taking at least the triple of time spent in the previous 90%. Lineage  is the paradigm of mmo that koreans love.

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by bcbully
    questing to level cap is my biggest concern. Are there other viable means of leveling? I've heard that there is not.

EVERYTHING you do in Archeage rewards you with XP. You dont even have to do any quests at all if you like crafting. Each produced item or harvested plant rewards you with xp - in varying amounts. Trading on the AH, running trade routes, learning another language, composing music, fishing, chopping down trees. Just running around exploring - all give XP.

I am still amazed at the level of detail the devs have built into the game. A lot of it completely useless stuff (turning lights on and off, lighting campfires) but all add to the flavour of the game.

The russian servers are just great for Euros, fast ping (faster than the trion servers), no queues and about 15000 players per server (4 OBT servers all full at the moment).

On the russian forums, the thread announcing the latest batch of beta invites has almost 2 million views.

I am having fun.

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

If you know the quests you can get to level 40 (cap for CBT) in about 24h. If you are new to the game but a no-lifer 2-3 days. The leveling pace is the same as in any other western MMO.

You can level by farming, gathering as well, but the XP obtained from it is less than the rewards from questing, killing mobs. Also you rely on labor points (5 LP per 5 min are regenerated) and you can quickly run out of them which will prevent you from doing any farming activity after.

I've got my char to 39.5 with quests, so half a level had to grind, i choose to do it with farming mobs, i wanted to do it solo to test the speed of mobs grinding, and had hard time finding a spot where weren't tons of other players grinding as well, finally i've found one, and it took me 3 hours to get that 0.5% level, which was pretty much fast for me. Again, this with soloing, in group grinding you gain XP way faster.

Conclusion, leveling is the same as in any other "new age" MMO.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by LlexX

If you know the quests you can get to level 40 (cap for CBT) in about 24h. If you are new to the game but a no-lifer 2-3 days. The leveling pace is the same as in any other western MMO.

You can level by farming, gathering as well, but the XP obtained from it is less than the rewards from questing, killing mobs. Also you rely on labor points (5 LP per 5 min are regenerated) and you can quickly run out of them which will prevent you from doing any farming activity after.

I've got my char to 39.5 with quests, so half a level had to grind, i choose to do it with farming mobs, i wanted to do it solo to test the speed of mobs grinding, and had hard time finding a spot where weren't tons of other players grinding as well, finally i've found one, and it took me 3 hours to get that 0.5% level, which was pretty much fast for me. Again, this with soloing, in group grinding you gain XP way faster.

I read somewhere Korean Version came out with 15 LP pr 5 min and 5000 cap - why did they changed it in Russian CBT to 5 LP pr 5 min and 3000 cap?

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16

AA is all about economics and politics. If you good crafter or trader you can be wealthy and be part of powerful guild. More important to have good equipment than good skills. Of course you need to grind resources for this.

If everybody else playing on Russian servers(???????, West), feel free to contact me (Eigetsu) in game if you have questions regard quests or something else. BTW google translate should translate pretty good russian words, at least better then korean.

Originally posted by Jonas_SG
    Originally posted by LlexX

I read somewhere Korean Version came out with 15 LP pr 5 min and 5000 cap - why did they changed it in Russian CBT to 5 LP pr 5 min and 3000 cap?

You are somewhat wrong, it came out with 5 LP per 5 min for subscribers, but later on there made a change to this, the regular subscribers stayed at 5 LP, while the ones who were playing the game from Internet Cafe's (called PC Bang's) got changed to 15 LP per 5 min while online.

The cap was always 5.000 LP in the KR version at level 50. In RU the cap for CBT is 40, this might explain the 3k, since at level 1 you start with a 500 LP cap which keep rising as you level.

Another interesting write up on AA!  Im so envious of those playing right now!

Been following the game for over year now? So close. So darn close!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Have they kept all the imemrsion braking things in this version ? like Hawaii shirts.. sports cars and so on ?
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Have they kept all the imemrsion braking things in this version ? like Hawaii shirts.. sports cars and so on ?

Telling that cars don't belong to this game is like telling to a stripclub manager that strippers don't belong there. Learn the lore!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

well in that case if they have written into the law of a fantasy game that there are sports cars and hawaii shirts and crap then the lore plain and simple stinks..

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16

Sport cars available only on Mirage island, you can't use them outside of it.

well in that case if they have written into the law of a fantasy game that there are sports cars and hawaii shirts and crap then the lore plain and simple stinks..

Do you understand that there are other fantasy settings other than Tolkien's: Lord of the Rings?... You are just being ignorant and narrow minded...

• rondericronderic Member Posts: 56

It's Steam Punk man! Dont tell me you missed out on what the gnomes were doing back in original EQ or even WoW - underground railway service between two cities - yeah. Immersive..

You can please some MMO-players all of the time and you can please all MMO-players some of the time but you can't please all MMO-players all of the time.

Steam Punk, yeah....Sports cars? Not so keen.

Maybe Steam Punk Sports cars...

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47

Steam Punk, yeah....Sports cars? Not so keen.

Maybe Steam Punk Sports cars...

Which is exactly what they are.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

A new server has been added to Russian CBT. They are up to 5 now.

Things looking up in ArcheAge.

Could this be a first sign that they are preparing for release? I heard once Open Beta Test starts there will be no character wipe after.

Originally posted by Jonas_SG

A new server has been added to Russian CBT. They are up to 5 now.

Things looking up in ArcheAge.

Could this be a first sign that they are preparing for release? I heard once Open Beta Test starts there will be no character wipe after.

RU CBT ends this weekend.

OBT starts on 1st February.

Release should be 14-15th February.

The early access packages are going for sale again a few days before OBT.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

TRRRRIIIOOONNNNNNN WHERE ARE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!! :(((( .... Where is my NA-Archeage! *sob* WHATS SAY YOU?!!?~~?!:(** *empty echo* *silence* :_: *sniffle*

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165

I guess this fits here 

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube