Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey Admin

squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
Just throwing this out as an idea for everyone to read.  Have you ever thought about expanding the site to include some MMORPG humor?  Thought of this today after seeing a tab for Cool Comics and all that is there is ExtraLife, when this is a MMORPG site.  I am sure there are lots of members out there that have great ideas for comic strips.  I have no idea who would draw them, but I think it would just add some extra spark for others to return to the site.  I mean, the only reason I go to penny-arcade every MWF is because of the new comic strips.  I just think it would increase traffic and keep people coming back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are only 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -Putt's Law

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    you mean like an area where people post their drawings?

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
    How about a monthly contest of sorts......the winner gets one of the monthly game givaways.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    Well you could do that, but I ment more of a type of thing where someone draws a strip two or three times a week that is just about MMORPGs and you could even get comics and ideas from members.  Would give a great sense of contributing to the site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand. -Putt's Law

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Ok, here's an awesome spin on your idea Squee.. someone submits a screenie of something in-game.  Then empty "talk bubbles" are edited onto the pic.  We hold a contest with people making up conversations of the animal/monster/people in the pic.  This is done in a contest type way and the funniest conversation gets stamped on the pic and displayed on a weekly or monthly basis. 

IMPORTANT: This isn't my idea, this is something that they were doing in the SWG forums.  I don't know if they do it any more because non-subscribers are not permitted in the forums anymore.  Also, they said they would update the contest monthly- but it took like 2-3 damn months for the results. image

It sounds really simple but it is very fun and entertaining.

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

Thats another good idea.

• Sensei_KaelsSensei_Kaels Member Posts: 277
    I second that.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Well, actually - normally the ExtraLife comic is about games...lately it has not been though.  Hopefully we will see more MMORPG comics in that strip.

I would LOVE it if someone had a strip they wanted to post here.  Just send me samples :)

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

i cant draw... but i make jokes that my friend draws pictures for. so if any1 can draw good ill come up with something.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

Post a couple ideas and I or anyone else who wants to can try to draw em.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

well my friend drew a picture of a fairy (nvidia) and a green ogre (ati uses with some of its mag ads). they both have boxing gloves on, and the fairy is up against the ropes... not exactly the funniest, but its still an issue.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

Hey again.  I have been working on some characters to start drawing a MMORPG comic.  There are two main characters which are loosely based on me and my roommate.  Eric, me, is a FPS game fanatic that only plays games on computer or the XBox, and gets bored quickly with RPG games; he is also your classic stupid character.  Matt, my roommate, plays RPGs and is an Everquest fan, still plays super nintendo and dreamcast, and is your classic voice of reason.  A possible third character could be a fly, yes a fly.  About a week ago, someone forgot to shut the front door and a fly came in, and despite our best efforts to kill it, he lives on and has become a member of the family.  So I am thinking the fly could be your classic comic relief.  Other possible characters could be my roommates fiance and my new girlfriend, but not sure on that yet.

I would like to keep the strip mostly about MMORPGs, and maybe every now and then venture out into things like the XBox, politics, and other random stuff.  I'll probably start off drawing one a week and if yall like them and give me inspiring ideas I will increase my output.  If it turns out to be crap, I will stop.

So what do yall think?  Would anyone like to help me out?  If I draw a few and send them to you Admin, and they are good, could they get hosted on the site?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Of course, send samples...if they look high quality we will post them.

Thanks!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Hey yall, I dont have a scanner and I won't have the funds to buy one for a couple weeks, so I am going to have to hold off on starting to draw a comic, but I will keep working on characters and ideas.  So until then if anyone has ideas, drop me a line.