Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did any EQN:L preorderers get anything yet??

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I preordered that 60 Dollar thing, just got the confirmation then, and nothing since. Didn't they say Alpha starts in January? Did anyone get any email or what?

<.<   >.>   <.<

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• siuko_uksiuko_uk Member UncommonPosts: 37

From what I remember the last info about Alpha just stated it would start 'Late January' - so I take that to mean anything from 16th January - 31st January.

Still a little while longer to wait.....

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    The confirmation email is all you will get for now. When it gets closer to time for alpha you will receive another email with further instructions for download and account information details, from my understanding.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    I did the founders pack and nothing as of yet.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Bought the big boi package and eagerly anticipate using it...but I thought I ha read on other threads it was delayed

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• KyllienKyllien Member UncommonPosts: 315
    Last I heard Smed say was last half of January.  We are still in the first half of January ...
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Trailblazers get alpha forum access. That's it for now. Stay tuned.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Not sure if you know, but...

How do you access this alpha forum? I purchased the trailblazer pack, and all I have access to is the same forum as everyone else (on the everquest website) am I missing something?

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• dangledangle Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by Dewm
    How do you access this alpha forum? I purchased the trailblazer pack, and all I have access to is the same forum as everyone else (on the everquest website) am I missing something?

There's an alpha section in the Landmark forum, are you looking at the EQN forum? These are different forums.

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

Landmark has its own website and it's own forums.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

Login with your account details and click the forum link, you should then have access to the Alpha forum.

To OP: Alpha starts on or before February 28th. That's the official statement. Smedley tweeted in the last week of 2013 that "it looks like Landmark will enter Alpha in the second half of January." 

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by Mightyking

Landmark has its own website and it's own forums.

https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

Login with your account details and click the forum link, you should then have access to the Alpha forum.

To OP: Alpha starts on or before February 28th. That's the official statement. Smedley tweeted in the last week of 2013 that "it looks like Landmark will enter Alpha in the second half of January." 

Hmm, i also am a trailblazer but i do not see the alpha forum on the site you linked either after loggin in and picking a new forum name

Edit- I had to log out log back in a few times before it would update and show the subforum. Thanks

You see a link that says Alpha Discussion or something similar? You also will need to agree to a forum confidentiality agreement. Beyond this I cannot help I'm afraid :)

Just got an email inviting me (and everyone) to a release(?) party at SOE on Jan 31st.

And Smed tweets some related news. Saying that Founders Pack purchasers will be the first to play in Alpha.  That the "event" is under controlled circumstances.

This does mean that they are beating the Feb 28th date.   But it could also mean that all of us Trailblazers will be playing Alpha before Jan 31st.  Or it could just be the event is scripted play through and we won't get  Alpha before since our play won't be scripted.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Kyllien

Just got an email inviting me (and everyone) to a release(?) party at SOE on Jan 31st.

And Smed tweets some related news. Saying that Founders Pack purchasers will be the first to play in Alpha.  That the "event" is under controlled circumstances.

This does mean that they are beating the Feb 28th date.   But it could also mean that all of us Trailblazers will be playing Alpha before Jan 31st.  Or it could just be the event is scripted play through and we won't get  Alpha before since our play won't be scripted.

I will assume the Event will allow attendees only to play EQNL first.  Probably next week/early feb pack purchasers will be able to play alpha.  we shall find out more soon i would suspect.  

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

just cause i like links - there is no clarification

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/421529211577176064

Originally posted by Nadia

Thanks for the link.  IE11 and pasting into the forum don't seem to get along.

These guy tweets always seem cryptic (and not the company).  So this is a little more of my interpretation. If Smed is promising that Founders Pack buyers will be first to "play" EQLN Alpha and that what they are "showing" at the event is under controlled circumstances.  And while the invite clearly states "xxxxxxx, your invited to play EverQuest Next Landmark" then there can really only be two conclusions. 

Conclusion one.  Dates and statements are joined.  Jan 31 to go to an event and invited to play there live on that date.  And since Founders Pack buyers will get to be "first" to play means that we will have access BEFORE the event.

Conclusion two.  Dates are dates and statements are statements.  No where in the invite does it actually say you will be playing at the event.  It could be that they will be giving out Founders Packs at the event and that we will all get to play the game first, but AFTER the event.

I am betting on conclusion one.  It is not a stretch to read into the email and see that they clearly mean that you will be playing AT the event.

These guy tweets always seem cryptic (and not the company).  So this is a little more of my interpretation. If Smed is promising that Founders Pack buyers will be first to "play" EQLN Alpha and that what they are "showing" at the event is under controlled circumstances.  And while the invite clearly states "xxxxxxx, your invited to play EverQuest Next Landmark" then there can really only be two conclusions. 

Conclusion one.  Dates and statements are joined.  Jan 31 to go to an event and invited to play there live on that date.  And since Founders Pack buyers will get to be "first" to play means that we will have access BEFORE the event.

Conclusion two.  Dates are dates and statements are statements.  No where in the invite does it actually say you will be playing at the event.  It could be that they will be giving out Founders Packs at the event and that we will all get to play the game first, but AFTER the event.

I am betting on conclusion one.  It is not a stretch to read into the email and see that they clearly mean that you will be playing AT the event.

Errr no. The addition of the event being played in a controlled environment could mean that even if trailblazers get to play in 2015, they'd still be first to play because it's an uncontrolled environment. Your conclusions can be right, but they can not be made from the text presented.

Errr no. The addition of the event being played in a controlled environment could mean that even if trailblazers get to play in 2015, they'd still be first to play because it's an uncontrolled environment. Your conclusions can be right, but they can not be made from the text presented.

Update on their facebook event notification.  They explain away the "playing" at the event.  What they are playing is on a local server so not really Landmark.  We will get access to Landmark first at some point after the event (I am betting immediately after).  They won't be breaking their promise of Trailblazers getting to play first since they aren't really playing it at the event.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414
    My wife got into the Alpha forums this morning, there never was an email about it. If you have the trailblazer on your acct you will be updated when you log into the Landmark  forums.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

Update on their facebook event notification.  They explain away the "playing" at the event.  What they are playing is on a local server so not really Landmark.  We will get access to Landmark first at some point after the event (I am betting immediately after).  They won't be breaking their promise of Trailblazers getting to play first since they aren't really playing it at the event.

That's why the email at the event is saying "Be the first to try out landmark."  This is spin.  If you can't see that, you're blind.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Five more days to keep the "January" promise. I preordered relying on that. Harumph.