Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play AA if it isn't P2P or Free to Try?

13»

Comments

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89
    I would play this only if it was Subscription based and without a shop. Goes for any MMO from now on, for me.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I'm not so sure we need to worry about this for 6-8 more months really.. That said I will play regardless the payment method. I do prefer a monthly subscription.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    For me...nothing to do with sub or f2p...I can't get into tab target anymore...aim to shoot or nada. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by BearKnight

I originally said this until Planetside 2, and then realized that if you aren't spending money you cannot compete on an even level playing field. Seriously, the $$$ unlocks for guns that are, most of the time, obviously better than normal weapons that aren't almost impossible to get by normal leveling were beyond Pay-To-Win. So no, planetside is not "F2P".

Also, I've been told there are heroes you have to pay $$$ for to unlock. If there are ANY parts of a game that require you to pay RL $$$ to play, ie: classes/zones/quests, then they are NOT truly "Free". End of discussion. If ALL heroes are free like DOTA2 it still doesn't mean it isn't Free-To-Try. There are many aspects locked behind $$$ barriers that you cannot earn normally within a reasonable amount of time. 

Obvious whiny bitch post from a bad player. Planetside 2 was entirely free to play, and you never needed to spend ONE cent to be the best player in the game (Source, one time top pilot/vanu player).

Next, you say dota2 isn't f2p? wow... you are a trash person who wants all games to crumble under dumb broke ass fucks like you asking for handouts. Real people spend many hours WORKING on these video games, pay up or shut the fuck up.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    I will try it regardless of payment model.  As far as I'm concerned, the payment model is the grist of forum warfare, and has zero influence on whether I personally enjoy a game or not.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    i won't play it regardless of pay model. it doesn't look good.
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Ill give it a shot whatever payment model they have, I just dont like "F2P" games.

Been waiting for this for a LONG time now.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Ender4

I never spent a penny playing Planetside 2 or League of Legends etc. Free to try is a game that severely limits what you can do without paying, something like Ryzom. Most games are actually F2P, just because you can buy stuff doesn't mean you NEED to buy it.

But no i won't play a game if you have to buy the box and pay a monthly fee unless it gets absurdly good reviews. That payment model was always a ripoff and I'm glad it is starting to die out. Just like I was glad when paying by the hour died out when I was younger.

Anyone that sees paying 50 cents a day to play a game as a rip off probably has some issues to work out not related to gaming.  Something having to do with personal finances.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I love people that bitch about F2P. I have played PS2 and never spent a dime and did pretty well for myself, having the best guns etc. is a perk not mandatory to enjoying the game.

Bitching about not having the best for free in a F2P game is like someone handing you a free movie ticket and you respond "well screw you it isn't the IMax 3D ticket!"

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Dauntis

I love people that bitch about F2P. I have played PS2 and never spent a dime and did pretty well for myself, having the best guns etc. is a perk not mandatory to enjoying the game.

Bitching about not having the best for free in a F2P game is like someone handing you a free movie ticket and you respond "well screw you it isn't the IMax 3D ticket!"

I don't have any idea are you saying that f2p is good or not from your text, but in ArcheAges f2p model the free players won't get all the things that the paying customers get. Ofc the payment plan can be different in west.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• sync8sync8 Member UncommonPosts: 42

I don't care as long as I can play it outside of Korea and... Russia!

And we'll have to wait and see what type of business model Trion Worlds will have for this game.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by sync8

I don't care as long as I can play it outside of Korea and... Russia!

And we'll have to wait and see what type of business model Trion Worlds will have for this game.

Most likely it's going to be the same as the Russian right now.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

I personally won't try it unless there is some sort of trial, but I'm not terribly interested in it either. Those types of games I'm not going to put money down without trying it first.