Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Steam Machine

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• BloodDualityBloodDuality Member UncommonPosts: 404
    No reason to for me. Built my own computer last year, and would gladly do it again anytime. Even though it's still great I kinda want to put it in a new case and try water cooling. Once you build your own I think it can be addicting and empowering. I just don't know the place for steam machines yet since most being annonced now are too expensive for mainstream adoption required o compete with the xbox one and ps4. 
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    Originally posted by BloodDuality
    No reason to for me. Built my own computer last year, and would gladly do it again anytime. Even though it's still great I kinda want to put it in a new case and try water cooling. Once you build your own I think it can be addicting and empowering. I just don't know the place for steam machines yet since most being annonced now are too expensive for mainstream adoption required o compete with the xbox one and ps4. 

the alienware one's video said it will be prices around the prices of the next gen consoles.. there is also another one there that is priced for like $500... it depends on the manufacturer really, i like the look of the alienware one, it's small, compact and reasonably priced allegedly

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Only games with Linux support work under the Steam OS, the rest need to be streamed from a PC doing all the work anyway.
  • sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I've got a decent lappy that has a hdmi output which can play almost anything.

Why would i buy a steambox?

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I see no value in it for me personally.  So no.