Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smed announces changes and hints

aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

14.99 will be the new cost of All Access Pass for SOE.

he also hinted at other games they are working on that might interest PS2 players.

sadly, with the aforementioned smoke, most are doey-eyed for the change now. no other comments really on what other elements might be altered from the original announcement of the 2000SC voucher.

the announcement over the weekend and now this announcement by Smed smack of a fairly well played good-cop/bad-cop routine.

no word on how this will affect Euro players with PSS1.

here's the reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1ukdxb/regarding_the_changes_to_our_subscription_plans/

and here is the new thread started on the EQ2 forums: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/2014-membership-update-news-from-smed.544428/

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Comments

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

nvm

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    That's a pretty good deal for those who play SoE mmos.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    He didn't sell me on the idea.
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868

I think when Kronos were purchaseable by Station Cash, people used triple station cash sales to get subs that lasted well into 2014, myself included, and for only 3.75 a month.   Now they are hurting for sub money because others have years of subs worth paid already, that now they are offering a golden egg to get revenue rolling again from players who have years of subs already.

I think if they were to update some of their older games like Turbine did to Ashreons call did to their game with graphics.    Most notably Vangaurd,  then I think people would see their older games as something to gravitate to and want the SOE ALL ACCESS PASS once again.

I for one would like to see all their older games given new graphics updates to allow HD textures that give a realistic SKYRIM feel for their older games.   Once SOE starts launching new updates to their games, graphics and renovating their games systems, they will draw in a lot of people back to these games. 

I think theres a reason Planetside 2 is doing so well.   Its got modernized graphics and its constantly being updated for the better.

Bottom line, I think SOE needs to say , lets stop making NEW games.   Focus on HD realistic textures for all our older games and modernize every SOE game has to make it Survivable for the next decade to come.   That's where the money from subscribers will come from.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from Smed

http://eq2wire.com/2014/01/08/smed-krono-game-card-subscriptions-included-too/

We have decided to treat krono and our prepaid cards exactly like a recurring sub in terms of benefits.