Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Say Something Nice about SotA

2»

Comments

• marcuslmmarcuslm Member UncommonPosts: 263

It's realistic. Meaning that the people willing to lay down real cash will own all of the property.

It's also chock full of delicious nostalgia. MMMmmmm. Just taste that clunky inventory with the tangy kick of dated graphics.

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    all i say is wait and see its not out yet to my knowledge it could b good it culd b baad :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    NPC conversation interaction and the weather system looks awesome.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    The red metal of the logo dudes scale mail contrasts nicely with his green cloak

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I hope this game dies quickly, without much pain. Thats about as nice as I can grant it.

After watching this video I couldnt help but feel bad for all who pledged

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by InsaneMembrane

We should say something nice about Shroud of the Avatar. Let us prove to the rest of the online community that MMORPG are not just a group of haters and find something nice to say for once.

Today, I shall compliment the combat system concept. At first, I thought this would be terrible, but slowly over time as I get more information it becomes much more interesting to me. Even the fact that I am an evil foaming at the mouth PK, this system still does have its appeal, and I can't wait to test it out in Alpha.

I'm sure there are folks looking for a return to core principles that made old school games tedious and boring.

I am not one of them.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by azzamasin

We should say something nice about Shroud of the Avatar. Let us prove to the rest of the online community that MMORPG are not just a group of haters and find something nice to say for once.

Today, I shall compliment the combat system concept. At first, I thought this would be terrible, but slowly over time as I get more information it becomes much more interesting to me. Even the fact that I am an evil foaming at the mouth PK, this system still does have its appeal, and I can't wait to test it out in Alpha.

I'm sure there are folks looking for a return to core principles that made old school games tedious and boring.

I am not one of them.

I am looking for something that makes new school not tedious and boring.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

I will say something nice about SotA when they give me a good enough reason to say something nice about SotA.  Until then I will at least not say anything else negative.  I've already expressed my opinion on how these guys are handling their Kickstarter with regards to key game play elements.

• InsaneMembraneInsaneMembrane Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Bilgato

I think the age grouping is something that will make a huge difference.

How many games do you find that you might like but the average age of the players is 12 to 16 or 16 to 21?

I'm 45, I have nothing against younger players but also have nothing in common with them either, and I'm sure most of them don't have much in common with a guy their dad's age. There are a lot of decent younger players but in general I get on better with the "over 30" crowd.

Yes, if they can match make me with people who are my age and even deeper with different things here and there that would be great. I've been looking forward to testing out their Magic Match Maker(tm)!

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    it's real.
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98
    FULL  LOOT  FULL PVP
  • golden.radishgolden.radish Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by Abydos-CDD

FULL  LOOT  FULL PVP

Unfortunately the devs have already said in chat it's never going to happen. It's good to dream, though. :)
  • Abydos-CDDAbydos-CDD Member UncommonPosts: 98

Chris Spears said it man.  Live Answer to my question in a dev chat :D

Its not a dream and i ll loot u  :D

• InsaneMembraneInsaneMembrane Member Posts: 130
    Originally posted by Abydos-CDD

Chris Spears said it man.  Live Answer to my question in a dev chat :D

Its not a dream and i ll loot u  :D

As I had been saying from the start, and Chris also, Full Loot would be trialed to see how it would go and would ONLY be for those who wanted to get into it. It is not to subject people who don't want to PvP and people who don't want full loot PvP both, hardcore players can choose to play how they wish.

That is a very good thing!