Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting back in without being so expensive?

LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165
Hey guys I was just wondering if theres a way to play this game without being so expensive? I left after mirkwood, my character is already level 65 with my brother. We both want to get back online but from our estimation it would cost us more than 100$ each if we want to buy the last 3 expansions+sub which is totally ridiculous. 

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
12 gig DDR3 ram
Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
window 7 64bit

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

According to many posters here, the theory is you are unemployed and on welfare, or you need to get an education.

But seriously the 4 pack of expansions was just on sale for 19.99.   And why do you need a sub?  If you plan on the sub its probably going to cost more than 100 bills. 

Personally I think you can spread that amount over time, and save big bucks by not going sub.   If that doesn't work for you then why are you here asking?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• LexiteLexite Member UncommonPosts: 165
    seriously what the fuck are you talking about, im only asking if theres a way to pay less for this game. I buy many games each months and even tho I like LOTRO im not willing to pay that much. As for the sub, well theres many advantage that I think are worthy of the 15$/months. Im only looking for a deal on the expansions

I7 920 @ 2.7ghz (8 cpu total)
    12 gig DDR3 ram
    Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX TI
    window 7 64bit

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Well I 'm sure there will be another sale on sometime .  Good luck.

PS : you do know that since the helms deep expansion the game is pretty much a faceroll now?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543

...maybe try buying expansion/quest packs wityh Turbine points? At lvl.65 you should have enough for at least 1 quest pack.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    There are enough book based quest chains at or around 65 and enough repeatable quests in Lothlorien to get you to 70. That can be done as a free player, premium. If after you have done that you think you want to invest money then you do so. Compulsory end game expansions upon return is just an excuse to not return. If that's where you stand, then don't return.