Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what can you do

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Back in vanilla  there where a few things you could do

there was..

- solo PvE questing and explorationn the open world

- there was instanced PvE and grouping

- they added raid progression

- there where 2 PvP instances

- there was world PvP

- there was gathering

- there was crafting

- there where pets to collect..

and that was about it.. Just returned and found there is pet battles, which got me to think... What other stuff did they add to keep people busy?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ViperDragonViperDragon Member UncommonPosts: 101

This all sounds pretty awesome so far.

The last time I played WoW it was still subscription-based (so before the 10-day trial and, more recently, the Starter Edition).  I've been considering getting back involved, and you may have just convinced me.

A great list of free games (mostly MMORPGs): http://www.mytop10games.com/

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by ViperDragon

This all sounds pretty awesome so far.

The last time I played WoW it was still subscription-based (so before the 10-day trial and, more recently, the Starter Edition).  I've been considering getting back involved, and you may have just convinced me.

all of that was in the game the last time you played.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Can you play it on your smart phones yet?
  • kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    I've recently started playing again and am actually impressed with the amount of content as well as how accessible everything is - while leveling anyway. I'm not at end game, or all that close to it yet so we'll see when I get there.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Pet battles are a blast and the game still has one of the best worlds out there. I can get lost in just flying around in epic flight form. My big hope is they add some dynamic event systems in the future. That would reaally breathe some life into the world.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Pet battles are a blast and the game still has one of the best worlds out there. I can get lost in just flying around in epic flight form. My big hope is they add some dynamic event systems in the future. That would reaally breathe some life into the world.

What they really need to do, is add a system that allows people to down level and enjoy all that low level content that stays untouched these days... so many stories to enjoy that are forgotten by most...  if they combine this with a reward system thats not gear based, it might actually work and bring back dozens of people to the game..

It is time for Blizzard and bring in the orriginally planned hero classes, that was meant to be their AA system and combine it with this...

Dynamic events for the newer zones are a great thing too, but they should not replace quests, quests are what people need to get  direction, and dynamic events are the things that happen while they are on quests, they are the trouble that needs to be overcome on top of the quests..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    They didn't really add anything new. Every other game is just that terrible.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Fearum
    Can you play it on your smart phones yet?

If you have a decent phone and use Splashtop, yes.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Professions are pretty much the same, but with a little difference. Grouping is the same, but easier with group finder tools. They have added new content and zones, which is actually really good. The questing is more or less the same, but players won't be running around with 20 quests in their quest log. Pet Battles have been added, and some kind of farming thing has been added too, but I haven't seen it.

So really, more of the same, but different. I've having fun leveling right now, and if I have time with classes, I'll get my characters maxed out on their professions and such again.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Back in vanilla  there where a few things you could do

there was..

- solo PvE questing and explorationn the open world

Yep, still there, still better than any other themepark (at least the new 1-60, 70-80, and 85-90)

- there was instanced PvE and grouping

Yep, easier than ever to get started in w/ LFD/LFR but "serious" PvE players still need a guild

- they added raid progression

Still best designed raids/encounters of any MMO I've played

- there where 2 PvP instances

lot more than that now, including arena's

- there was world PvP

not so much of that anymore, but it can definitely be found on PvP servers- just not very "large scale" like it was back in Tarren Mill/Southshore days

- there was gathering

Yep, you can actually level via gathering now (it gives you XP)

- there was crafting

Hasn't changed much, some new professions

- there where pets to collect..

Yep, as a hunter, but now Pet Battles for everyone for collecting/battling (think Pokemon)

and that was about it.. Just returned and found there is pet battles, which got me to think... What other stuff did they add to keep people busy?

Also my favorite activity is farming old raids/dungeons for gear to Transmog, which is the WoW version of an appearance tab to customize your looks without affecting your stats.

It is also quite the challenge (in some cases) to solo old raid encounters like Heroic modes and such. People do it for special mounts and titles or just for the challenge of it.

Also there are a boat load of achievements (including tons for holiday events) if you are in to that sort of thing.