Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Pay to Play or Not to Pay to Play

live4everlive4ever Member Posts: 5

So as a question for eveyone which plays or played KO...

Will you Pay for Play... keeping in mind that the game has bugs, they lack customer support, the price is to high... and all the rest?

PS: This is my opinion... so please state what you want... and do not judge the game if you are just level 1 to 5 :) try to get to higer levels... and we will see!

Caesar.

Comments

• cyber-slcyber-sl Member Posts: 9

I would agree with you I was expecting subscription price to be less too!

I prefer to play on cyper 2 but since p2p numbers are low.

Cyper 1 is still well populated but with very few new players on.

Havent decided yet whether I will p2p.

Bogleminstroyder “HumanKnights” Clan.  

• el_Slackoel_Slacko Member Posts: 310
    Money isnt cheap =(

• Agathos88Agathos88 Member UncommonPosts: 92
    Not worth it.

Played: AO,EQ,AC,AC2,CoH,DAoC,E&B,EO,FWO,FFXI,Horizons,KoD,KO,Lineage,L2,M59,PS,PT,RO,RS,SB,TSO,UO, many more to come.

Tested: EQ, PS,RYL,KO,DAoC,AC,AC2,CoH,FWO,Horizons,KoD,Lineage,L2,GuildWars,WoW.

-Prior story writer for MMORPG.com

• kotsoskotsos Member Posts: 11
    if that rpg was really worth it then noone would ask that questionimage

• nunotnunot Member UncommonPosts: 7
    not worth paying

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

• FizblixFizblix Member UncommonPosts: 130

Money plays a big factor on games... Like Americas Army: you can say it is  'one the best multiplayer FPS there is.'  But if you take away the 'FREE!' part, it becomes just  'a nice game.'

Now as far as KO goes...

KO for free = A good game image 

KO for $5/mo = A way below average game image 

KO for a premium mmorpg +$10/mo  =   A Piece of junk image

<EDIT: Havent played this game in a long time  so dunno if its gotten worse or better(doubt the whole idea and setup of this game would allow it to get better... very unoriginal>

Mostly Harmless Guild   ♦  Youtube  ♦  Sponsored by Mr. Beer
  • AsanderAsander Member Posts: 5
    IF e-games repair billign system i can pay.but thsi time i cant --'

• Shinya777Shinya777 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    i actually found this game to be most fun at lower levels. after getting stronger and higher i felt there was nothing to offer. so i will not pay to play this game.

• StarZer024StarZer024 Member Posts: 9

This game has lag, bug, and lack of customer support, kind of like the last game I play. The game went p2p, I paid, but lasted 1.5 months before they 'closed' down the game.

Thinking about it, the real reason I still play KO was because of the many friends i made. KO's problems have made a majority of my friends and clanmates quited KO, so my decision have to be 'Not pay to play' :(

Still looking for a good game...Heard WoW, GuildWars, EQ2, lets see......

| * S T A R Z E R O * |

• grusummergrusummer Member Posts: 17
    yeah this games not worth paying for, this company that made this must pump out multiple games per year based on the same graphic systems/etc. I played this game till lvl 30, definatly not worth it...

• ih8phatheadsih8phatheads Member Posts: 33
    This is one of those MMORPGs that should charge a one time fee because i dont see knight online being able to change much.  all the maps and enemies look generally the same.  the game is fun if youre bored and want to lvl up or something, but to pay? haha.  yeah right.  all those who choose to pay are just sending a message to future MMORPG makers that they can make sub-par games and still have people sign up for their crappy games.

• JNNiliJNNili Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I playe dthis game all thoruhgout the beta, probably starting sometime in april or may or so.  i got up to around lvl 46 assasin and a lvl 45 fire mage or so...  then the game all of a sudden became so incredibly repatative, and the idea of it going P2P made me sick.  its a great game, had so much potential, but it was way to greedy....  i was in love with that game, the community was fricken amazing, i was in a great clan and i knew many of players...  then p2p came around, over half the people probably left, and its not worth the $10 or whatever it is...  its a hell of a good game but its crumbling...  too many problems.  back then there were barely any h4x but now from what i hear its wreacking havoc across the lands and people are leaving.  a great game gone to waste :-/

• NemonyteNemonyte Member Posts: 49

I've been playing Knight Online for about 2 and a half weeks. I've enjoyed it thoroughly. Would I pay for the game? No way!! Not to say it's a bad game, but it's way too repetitive and there's no where for the game to go. I've enjoyed my time, but when the free server is down, I'll see you later.

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

Reality is not all it's cracked up to be...That's why there are video games

• propolyzpropolyz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    i agree

---------------------------------------------
    Darkage of Camelot | Since Day 1 |

Seabasz 50 Hero | Lancelot / Hib
    Seabas 50 Enchanter | Lancelot / Hib
    Vlyden 50 Bezerker | Guinevere / Mid
    Vydien 50 Armsman | Bors / Alb
    Hellzpyro 43 Wizard | Merlin / Alb

---------------------------------------------