Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender lock still on or dropped ?

Comments

• TeccaTecca Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by Otomox
    vocal minority

Best way to disregard people. Calling them vocal minorities.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Horusra
    So diversity is making everyone the same? Sometimes I do not understand people.

Same, no problem with it at all just like race/class restrictions.

Another feature that many don't know about Black Desert is that you don't actually quest to level up, most or nearly all quest do not give you xp.

Black Desert is not a quest based xp system.

That will give some in this thread a morsel to chew on lol.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    The gender lock is no longer in effect, they decided to develop male and female of each class.  So relax guys it's a non issue now.
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Margulis
    The gender lock is no longer in effect, they decided to develop male and female of each class.  So relax guys it's a non issue now.

Green looks better.image

• isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I on a personal note have always thought gender locking and race locking went with the lore, and has always made more sense to me. But it doesn't surprise me that the western market is becoming a bunch of people that want everything the same, why haven't these companies figured out that the current group of mmo players would like a unisex char that can tank, dps, and heal:)
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I guess people just like homogenized everything now. Sad days.
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Margulis

Do you have a source for this?

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29

Just to clear this up to finish the thread ;)

Genderlock is still in, but every class has a own Counter Gender. So the Summoner Girl get a "Summoner Boy" with different Skills etc. 

Hope you understand it.

• XaenexXaenex Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Ehnoah

Genderlock is still in, but every class has a own Counter Gender. So the Summoner Girl get a "Summoner Boy" with different Skills etc. 

Hope you understand it.

Tamer, Blader, and Giant will not have 2 gender versions. Warrior/Valkyrie is Sword and Shield Sorceress/Wizard is Mage and Male/Female Archer will be all that have versions for both genders.

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Xaenex
    Originally posted by Ehnoah

Hope you understand it.

Tamer, Blader, and Giant will not have 2 gender versions. Warrior/Valkyrie is Sword and Shield Sorceress/Wizard is Mage and Male/Female Archer will be all that have versions for both genders.

But they also will have different skills.

• Hamger8Hamger8 Member Posts: 78
    I don't find gender locking game breaking all though I really prefer to play a male so im hoping and praying they make a male version of the summoner girl since it my favorite type of class.
  • g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I guess I am one of the few that actually likes gender locking to a point. When it follows a theme like Valkyrie, I would really prefer not to see males involved.  When there isnt a thematic reason then of course gender locking does not make sense.  I like both and I see no problem with both existing just like it did in DAoC with specific(few) classes being gender locked.
  • HumphrieHumphrie Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah
    I guess I am one of the few that actually likes gender locking to a point. When it follows a theme like Valkyrie, I would really prefer not to see males involved.  When there isnt a thematic reason then of course gender locking does not make sense.  I like both and I see no problem with both existing just like it did in DAoC with specific(few) classes being gender locked.

Yeah, I have no problem with this either. There's this subset of the male gaming population that seems to still believe that if they play as a female character, there are issues with their manhood. Hell, I'm straight, and yet I can remember nearly 20 years ago when the 'girl' was my favorite character in Secret of Mana. When I had friends over to play, I always gravitated towards her. There's nothing wrong with wanting to play as a cool heroine.

People need to get over themselves. This kind of 'gender lock light' if fine. Play the class you're dead set on playing. Or, if that's too much for your little ego to handle, then find another you like.

• EkoazarakEkoazarak Member Posts: 10

ARG!

genderlock is so facking dumb... this just sours it for me ;(

why why why must the most interesting games do SOO MUCH AWESOME and then RUIN IT WITH CRITICAL DUMB?!?

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Ekoazarak

ARG!

genderlock is so facking dumb... this just sours it for me ;(

why why why must the most interesting games do SOO MUCH AWESOME and then RUIN IT WITH CRITICAL DUMB?!?

Wouldn't worry about it too much, considering how many years it takes most Korean games to get an NA/EU version up the issue might be resolved by then.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I find this totally fascinating. Personally, I dont understand how this matters in the slightest.  Does this mean you want to play a female character and can't or you have to play a male character?   I guess I am missing something.   Is this all about staring at large breasts on your avatar?    
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by flizzer
    I find this totally fascinating. Personally, I dont understand how this matters in the slightest.  Does this mean you want to play a female character and can't or you have to play a male character?   I guess I am missing something.   Is this all about staring at large breasts on your avatar?    

Could easily be the opposite and they're upset about having to play a female character to play the class they want.

• EkoazarakEkoazarak Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by ikcin
    It's RPG. It shall be gender locked. You want all characters to have same abilities, to choose only skin, and to play. This is not role-playing. The game shall be class locked, gender locked and race locked. And shall not be armor or weapon locked. I can't understand you. This game is unique, but you want PA to make it like any other stupid ??? we have these days. This game has a soul. It is not a mish-mash with pirates, aliens, knights and cowboys - something to everybody, and nothing on the whole. This game has aesthetic. This game is different. There is not underwater combat, flying, or some other ridiculous actions. But seems you want one more themepark game. So don't play BDO. Go play ESO or GW2. Or accept the difference and enjoy it.

so basically BD has soul and aesthetic because its gender locked? rofl

bad logic. your post is confused and unconnected.

dumb.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I don't care if its gender locked. I just want to be able to make a black guy and not have him automatically  be the giant.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Man so many genres I just want to play a male version of all the female only classes.

Amazons

Black Furies

Daughters of Cacophony

Ahermine

Llamia

Valkyrie

I have wanted to live out my fantasies ever since I was denied being a Hooters Girl.

Cuz screw any kinda of story or anything that would make classes more unique, every race and gender should be able to be anything. Oh and don't even consider having races that are androgynous!

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by Dauntis

Man so many genres I just want to play a male version of all the female only classes.

Amazons

Black Furies

Daughters of Cacophony

Ahermine

Llamia

Valkyrie

I have wanted to live out my fantasies ever since I was denied being a Hooters Girl.

Cuz screw any kinda of story or anything that would make classes more unique, every race and gender should be able to be anything. Oh and don't even consider having races that are androgynous!

I know right?!

well good thing that Black Desert has supergeneric races - human, elf, dwarf, giant, hobbit with nothing to do with any story!!! but dont worry Mr. Hooter, you can still make a dwarf with a beard and tuck it as you apply ur lipstick and call urself a pretty lady with Gimli's voice. it'll be alright.

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Gender locks are a dumb move no matter what game it is but it doesn't even close to undo the amount of potential Black Desert has.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Its just straight up lazy/cheap design. Fewer character models = less art assets and animations, especially in an action oriented game.

Its lame because it means people cannot make the character they want to play and because everyone is virtually a carbon-copy of everyone else within their chosen class.

• gimmiblackdesertnowgimmiblackdesertnow Member Posts: 56

Only few classes are locked in a reasonable way. If this is a huge bummer to you, then that's sad and ridiculous at the same time.

Certain genders are much more equipped for particular roles in our society in real too. Why make it so different in a game?

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

I think this is great. I like the idea of having gender locked classes. It makes gender impactful and not just a cosmetic quality. That is why it add diversity and not just simply more possible combinations, because only women will be able to bring certain abilities to the group and only men will be able to bring other abilities to the group. They will need to work together a compliment one another to achieve the goal. That is real diversity.

Making everybody capable of all the same things. Now that is boring.

All die, so die well.