Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I signed up for the trailblazer pack..

2»

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,642
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Different dev team

Different decade

The 20, 60 or 100 dollar packs are for a game that already has a created world with features already working. The activities in Landmark at first will be to explore, gather and build. From the livestream and other videos this is already in place.

Yes.  They showed so much in the last livestream .

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Yeah they showed gathering and the livestream before that building, just like the various other videos do. I bet you they used tricky lighting though, probably doesn't even exist.
  • ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    So other than running around a world and building stuff in it what can you do? Will there be fighting of any kind? Or do you just build your castle and sit in it
  • EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by Zzulu
    So other than running around a world and building stuff in it what can you do? Will there be fighting of any kind? Or do you just build your castle and sit in it

initial only gathering,building and exploring. fighting is announced to enter post launch. also they mentioned that they could offer more tools the devs use(quests,AI) later on, basicly making the game to a "make your own mmo"-mmo

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Why are people giving the OP a hard time?

I've played just about every popular MMO out there. Too many to list. The only few games that I stuck with happened to be SOE games.

SOE did make a bad decision with the revamping of SWG. However, I can understand why they did from a business standpoint. Lesson learned. I think Smed knows what the "adult" crowd wants. That is why they are constantly pushing the "sandbox" term.

EQL / EQN isn't just some random shot in the dark. It's being developed by a team who created the very first 3D MMORPG. It will do well.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    I have been burned by SOE too many times - SWG, Matrix Online, Vangiard - to buy any of their premium items at any time. I may try this game six months after launch if forum chatter is strongly positive, Meanwhile, I continue to pour money into Blizzard's vanity pets, mounts, fairy helmets etc? Why? Because Blizz always treated me like a paying customer and not some cunt who could be lied to and cheated at will.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,125
    Originally posted by noncley
    I have been burned by SOE too many times - SWG, Matrix Online, Vangiard - to buy any of their premium items at any time. I may try this game six months after launch if forum chatter is strongly positive, Meanwhile, I continue to pour money into Blizzard's vanity pets, mounts, fairy helmets etc? Why? Because Blizz always treated me like a paying customer and not some cunt who could be lied to and cheated at will.

I'm glad EQN/LM will be F2P games. I'm tired of throwing my money at companies to be let down as soon as installation is finished or not too long after.

Blizzard was actually the first to give me that "burned" feeling, with the Burning Crusade actually. Even though I had been online gaming for 10 years or so by that time and had experienced many expansions and updates that impacted game play, it was the first time I felt like I was being laughed at.

I had enjoyed and  invested years of my time into WoW and couldn't wait to experience the next chapter. Installed the new expansion and within a few days (hours really) realized that everything I had done was worth nothing. Sure I had lots of memories and good times, but it sucks to have all progress amount to nothing. That has become pretty standard in gaming with each expansion negating older content and accomplishment, but man that time stung. I quietly uninstalled and have never gone back. Of course every game since has made a sad attempt at copying this model and not done so hot, which is why I am patiently waiting for what I hope is a step away from this.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I also got the trailblazer pack. Could be a waste of money, but if I got 200+ hours of enjoyment from Minecraft, I can't see why I couldn't enjoy this too. The features seem to tickle all my MMO soft spots (exploration, crafting, building and socializing).

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906

I decided on Microsoft Access instead of Landmark, but out of the blue I get a deal to get it for 15 bucks instead of 100.

After flushing money down kickstarter and a few games on steam, Sony gets the rest for at least giving a nod to minecraft.

Im puckered up already in anticipation of the screw..

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

Well it's always good to be prepared :p
    After some back and forth I decided to get the Trailbazer pack. I'll be building entities based on my fan fiction so I'll have many, many hours in. Plus with the other dev tools SoE will add I really think Landmark could be emensly vast with content. We'll see how tht shakes out but for now it's explore/collect/build which I have enough use for and will spend enough time doing for the cost. Should be in another week or two...