Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do you get the Rise of the God Slayer expansion?

MikeMossMikeMoss Member UncommonPosts: 66

Hi

I have the expansion installed on my computer, but I've gotten my friend Paul to download and install AoC from the AoC official website.

He doesn't have Rise of the Godslayer as part of his install.

I've looked and I can't a place to buy or download it.

Do you have to buy it?

And where do you get it?

I have the original installation disks from when it first came out but I'm assuming that he has to have a unique serial number to install it so I can't just use my disks?

Mike

If you shoot a mime, do you have to use a silencer?

Comments

• seldomseen13seldomseen13 Member Posts: 16
    It is available in the item store in game for (i think) 6200 gold.
  • MikeMossMikeMoss Member UncommonPosts: 66

Thanks I'll check it out.

I looked and didn't see it before but I'll try again.

Mike

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

That gold suggestion is a bit off the road :)

First:

download and install AoC from the AoC official website.  He doesn't have Rise of the Godslayer as part of his install.

Actually he already has them installed then, the expansions are part of the client. It's only locked until you don't buy it.

Do you have to buy it?  - yep.

And where do you get it?  - either search for a box (it's the harder way),  or simply buy it from the game.

It's in the in-game store, costs 1750 Funcom points (same goes for the Turan expansion). You need to buy Funcom points first, you can do that either from the account page, or also from the in-game store (it's the same, since the store window will direct you to the account page as well, but you'll remain inside the game). 1200 Points are 10 Euro (or dollar, yep, it's cheaper over there), so 1750 Points are about $14.6. Pretty cheap for an expansion.

An important thing to notice, even if you buy Godslayer, you can't use it as a f2p player. (Turan, you can) but Godslayer is a subscriber-only expansion.

he has to have a unique serial number to install it so I can't just use my disks  - yep, that code is already on your account, he can't use it.

Hi

Thanks for the information.

Funny I have Rise of the Godslayer working in my install, and I'm playing for free.

Is that because I was a paying player at one time?

I beta tested AoC and played in the early days when it was really buggy.

I assumed that if he bought the expansion he would be able to play it.

Well, he doesn't have to worry for a while since it will take him a while to level, and he has a lot of area to do that.

One of the things that kind of bugs me about AoC is that there are so many areas that are the same level.

Once I finish one area I'm really too high to play many of the other areas I like.

Once you are a couple of levels ahead  of the curve it's a pretty easy game, but still fun!

Mike

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

That's because people whined for ages that the game is too linear and they feel bored making alts and running through the same content.

The best part about AoC is the khitai zones at lvl 80 anyway, and this is coming from someone who hates endgame grinds. They show you it's possible to gate content and make meaningfull progression without having to resort to levels.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

Hi

I have the Khitai area and race, but I'm not sure if I have the The Savage Coast of Turan expansion.

I don't have disks for that, it must have come out after I quit playing.

I'll have to check that out, I'd like to have some new content.

I played the game to level 60 originally but my old characters all vanished along the way so I'm starting over now.

Mike

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by MikeMoss

Hi

I have the Khitai area and race, but I'm not sure if I have the The Savage Coast of Turan expansion.

There were no discs for Turan, it was a digital expansion and arrived after the f2p switch, so probably you don't have it :) You can check the state either on your account page, or in the in-game store: if you see it there for purchase, then you don't have it on your account.

Godslayer is subscriber only, probably you didin't stumble upon it because you started a fresh character. The starter area (Gateway to Khitai) is available to everyone, and you can start a khitan character because you own Godslayer.

But, most likely you didn't get any AA points so far during leveling and when you reach 80, you'll see that you can't get behind the Wall. No worries, there's nothing over there anyways, just lots of factions and a huge grind :)

Thanks for the information.

Mike

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

if he formerly was F2P he REALLY should get the DVD version, this comes with 30 days game time and a lot of goodies.

get it off Amazon for example

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Conan-Rise-Godslayer-PC/dp/B003ITXT26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395522887&sr=8-1&keywords=rise+godslayer

the price is a steal by the way, comes with

"Rise of the Godslayer expansion + The original full retail game Age of Conan + 30 days gametime + Tortage Survival pack ( assorted item pack) + a unique puma pet only available in this boxed edition"

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by DocBrody

if he formerly was F2P he REALLY should get the DVD version, this comes with 30 days game time and a lot of goodies.

get it off Amazon for example

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Conan-Rise-Godslayer-PC/dp/B003ITXT26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395522887&sr=8-1&keywords=rise+godslayer

the price is a steal by the way, comes with

"Rise of the Godslayer expansion + The original full retail game Age of Conan + 30 days gametime + Tortage Survival pack ( assorted item pack) + a unique puma pet only available in this boxed edition"

You might be able to find it in some GameStop stores too, and sometimes even an old 60-days game card. The Amazon deal above is pretty sweet: it's about the same as buying the Tortage Survival pack alone on Steam. (Or so it seemed last time I looked.)