Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: What's a Level 90 Worth To You?

Comments

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

One careful step at a time. Inching ever closer, but always just far enough that the fans can deny it's pay to win, yet.

Bean-counters whipping the devs for new ways to monetize.

"Squeeze them, just a hair more, come on. Need a new Porsche.'

• TyranosinTyranosin Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by MikePaladin
    Originally posted by Malacth

I'd definitely pay to boost my characters to 90, after I've done the leveling content a dozen times now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the leveling experience - the first few times. Now it feels a little like a chore.

I'd happily pay £20 for a level 90 character.

Don't judge what I, or others, want to spend our money on. Judge yourselves.

For additional 20 $ you can buy Achievements

for additional 20 $ you can buy top HEROIC RAID GEAR

for additional 20 $ Blizzards staff will play instead of you    ( because you're a very very busy person )

for additional 20 $ you can  acquire head shot skill that can kill tank BLOOD DK in 1 hit ( only today for 20 bucks you have chance to become top PVP player don't miss your opportunity )

and at the end you didn't play at all hahaha

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This is VERY lame by Blizzard on top of their already lame move to allow it.

They know full well that the virtual properties inside of Wow are worth ZERO,absolutely nothing.You are allotted a license to use the product that can be revoked at anytime,you NEVER own anything in the game,if you don't own it,it is not worth a red penny.

What Blizzard is really doing is testing their player base to see if they are dumb enough to say something that want to hear,like it is worth a thousand bucks or something.NOBODY should answer them,if you feel the need then tell them something like it is worth nothing .

Better yet tell Blizzard to quit wasting resources and profits on dumb marketing surveys.tell them to create some content for the 10 million that make Blizzard rich and give it to them for free as part of the millions they take in sub fees.

Let Blizzard know that FFXIV is giving content at an ongoing rate and of higher quality than any asset that resides in Blizzard,tell them to put some of those profits back into the game where it belongs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by centkin
    If you are paying to not play the game there is something wrong.

It depends what you believe the game is.  Is it the 1-90 content or end game content?  For a lot of people they have no interest in what they consider is nothing more than the lead up to the real game.

Which is exactly the problem with the MMO genre. MMORPG's came into existence back in the 90's because people thought it would be cool to have a 3D world for D&D fans to socialize and adventure in. UO and EQ were not about end game, they were about exploration, adventures and the progression. When you start eliminating the purpose of content in your own MMO, you are basically saying, we created a crap game.

The only viable reason for this insta level 90 would be if someone already did the content, thus already leveled up a 90. Sorry, but I think people should earn their levels like everyone else, at least once.

You mean like when UO offered Advanced Character Tokens in 2003 earlier then any other Western MMO cash shop. Somehow, Ultima Online always get off the hook for this.

Let the exploration began!

Only $30 for a character level up to 85 in each skill.

Sounds Legit.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Thanks Blizzard. Your greed has convinced me to never pay for your game again. [mod edit]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The thing i dont get is how they expect a new or even a seasoned player to be able to just hop on to a max lvl toon and actually know how to play the class, the learning curve will be steep. Unless Blizz has more plans to simplfy classes to the point where you are literally pressing 3 buttons to dps, we are almost there already.....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MatryoshkaMatryoshka Member UncommonPosts: 98
    I will never understand people who are willing to pay game companies to play their game less, but when it comes to WoW, the leveling experience is so awful and boring (and not in a challenging or grindy way), that I can kind of understand people wanting to pay to be max level to be quite honest. Especially because some have been playing it for around 10 years now having to drudge through the same boring leveling experience for the most part for that long.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I'd say $0...I already have every class 90, and several extra 90s XD
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Geared, they're worth hunnerds of dollers to some. To me, they're worth absolutely nd'n. I'd never pay for a character (i've sold plenty tho and not ashamed to admit it.) regardless of game, i've never spent on any cosmetics either and never will.

I pay my monthlies (if such apply) and nothing more.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    I won't play a game that sells maximum level characters.  Keep that crap on phones/tablets and away from real games.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

The only way I can ever see offering a level 90 (or whatever the level a particular game has) character is if the game has a limited leveling path and someone has already brought a character to the highest level.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Fallen5Fallen5 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Lol, but don't go buying max lvl chars from other players right? Rly, I'd probably pay for a few 90's if the price was good. I'd imagine it being a little high though knowing that they charge $25 for a mount. Even though I'd buy one, and that's just cause I do have the option, I'd still be pissed about it. Lots not like there's much adventure in this game anymore anyway. But still, took away trees, added dungeon finder, now boost to 90. Just take away lvling and give everyone all max lvl chars. Rly, I don't think everyone always just getting max lvl soon as they make their char would hurt this game much. It's already not wow anymore. I do love bg's though! Haha
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I can see this costing $25.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

Before going to 24 hours of Le Mans I guess one should first learn to drive at all. This should be in worst case available to those that have at least one maxed out level or alike. Personally would never do such thing, leveled all my 11 alts personally with great (and sometimes less great :-)) joy. And have 11 horde as well between 40 and 80.

• SkyMarshalSkyMarshal Member Posts: 4

I'd definitely pay to boost my characters to 90, after I've done the leveling content a dozen times now.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the leveling experience - the first few times. Now it feels a little like a chore.

for additional 20 $ Blizzards staff will play instead of you    ( because you're a very very busy person )

for additional 20 $ you can  acquire head shot skill that can kill tank BLOOD DK in 1 hit ( only today for 20 bucks you have chance to become top PVP player don't miss your opportunity )

Someone seems to be a little butt hurt over the possibility.....

• abollardiereabollardiere Member UncommonPosts: 121

The more stuff  they  hand out for free that you normally have to work for, 

....the more banal the game gets.

and of course by free I mean in terms of  time and energy, not money.

SWG - droid engineer (retired)

CoH - Electric Lama - Lvl 26 Blaster(retired)

WoW - Kame - Lvl 60 NE Hunter
    Server: Zul'jin
    Guild: Crash Test Bunnies

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    I would pay 20 to $30, I have gotten a lot of classes to max level and hate the whole leveling thing from level 1 on different servers.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

Man this game has come a long way from the WoW i used to play back in 2005... I stopped playing WoW in early Cata but still, makes me a little sad that they're going to put price tags on a character.

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

I wouldn't pay anything.  I already have 2 level 90's.  Why would I pay money to have a character that I don't know how to play?  FWIW, I took the free level 85 EQ2 character, and while it was amusing to solo a few dungeons with it, I also felt like to really play the level content the character was at, I'd need to invest a few weeks learning how everything worked.  Sure, a few weeks is less than the few months it would take me to level myself, but if I'm going to play an MMO, I kinda want to enjoy it for at least 6 months or more.

So, in short, if you don't think you'll enjoy the game long enough to level to 90, what makes you think you'll enjoy it AT 90 for any length of time?

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Ding ding ding ding CASH SHOP
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

If you really need to level a character to learn it, then you're bad.  Period.

It's not like there's a dearth of information out there about every class that a few miserly creatures living in caves are hiding from the rest of the world.

Learn to read.  Learn to test.  Leveling, and the absurd idea that it's a requirement to know what you're doing with your class stems from nothing more than "Hey, I had to level, so you should too.  Not fair!  Not fair!"

Life isn't fair.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or trying to sell you something.  -Dread Pirate Roberts

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

I cannot play a character I did not level it would be weird. That said the power levelling folks have a lot of business so obviously lot of people want instant current max level toons so I guess Blizzard is going to be making the money the power levellers were.

• AlminieAlminie Member UncommonPosts: 114

WTF what has the world come to? instant max lvl? just pay this amount? PTW? FTL!

I PRAY that other mmos never follow this idea!!!

• scrittyscritty Member Posts: 89

Pithy. Maybe you should write for a living? Funny stuff.

Like many I have levelled up to max (whatever max was when I levelled) umpteen times. I find 0-20 still enjoyable these days, but the grind through Burning Crusade and WotLK really grates. Not because it's bad, but because I've done it soooo maaaany tiiiimes.

Getting to 90 for $20 would suit me fine. You'd still have to level your professions and reps etc.

I love it when people judge how others enjoy themselves as if they have the final say on what's right and wrong. Proves to me that the world is still as full of arrogant idiots as it ever was.

Don't like? Don't play!

Can't afford? Don't buy!

Bored Sunday morning? Troll on forums criticizing other's life choices in mock exasperation as if you have the final say.

Here's news buddy! No one gives a flying $$$$ what you think

• makadawiasmakadawias Member Posts: 3

I played for 6 years. my girl played for 4 years. between us we must have shelled out thouands and now after finally getting fed up with blizzard changing the characters, catering to fanboys, and taking too long to actually think about the game in terms of casual players who pay more than they play now you want us to pay you for an already level character.  seriously just redo the game and make it a box (xbox, playstation) game already. That is where you were headed and what you wanted to do. those types of players dont care about leveling, RPGing or any of the things that drew most players to the game to begin with. You want the adhd crowd and they whine about the concept of "earning" something. They dont get the simple fact that they paid for the game. They paid for everything in the game and they should have access to all those things when they play the game.  this isnt a job. no need to "work hard" its a video game. so selling already leveled characters is one step from doing things they way they should have done to begin with if that was the type of game they wanted. What is that you ask? NO LEVELs. the game is playable as any class and remove the levels. Street fighter didnt have levels. And that's what pvp reminds me of that and mortal combat.  Seriously would you have played guile having to level him and hoping you could beat mbison at the end.

The link to old D&D and the backasward leveling system is dying.  Come up with new concepts and rewards for players and you will win people back to the game but as for me i will NEVER EVER pay anyone a monthly fee for several years again. bad enough we have to pay for electricity, heat, food, clothes, and other things required to survive in the real world.  Micro transactions is the way to go 100% so make the game 100% free to play and just turn everything into a pay system already.