Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got hacked, any advice on dealing w/ Snail?

RykaSRykaS Member UncommonPosts: 7
I  posted on Snail forums, but they will insta nuke it without my being able to get advice from anyone, so posting it here. I got hacked sometime last week and they wiped out all of my taels, and pretty much all items that were worth anything. Snail gave me the 'sorry for the inconveience' runaround and won't answer my follow ups to my support ticket. Anyone have experience on getting Snail to fix these types of situations? Thanks. Full saga is here http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19376

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by RykaS
    I  posted on Snail forums, but they will insta nuke it without my being able to get advice from anyone, so posting it here. I got hacked sometime last week and they wiped out all of my taels, and pretty much all items that were worth anything. Snail gave me the 'sorry for the inconveience' runaround and won't answer my follow ups to my support ticket. Anyone have experience on getting Snail to fix these types of situations? Thanks. Full saga is here http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19376

As far as I know, Snail will not restore your lost items.  I, as well as many of my guildies back during launch got hacked and Snail basically blamed us for being hacked.  Needless to say myself and many others from my guild quit playing shortly after that due to the lack of trust/faith in Snail and their ability and policies to manage their game.

However, if you really like the gameplay then I would suggest trying Age of Wulin.  Same game but run by GPotato.  I know, I know, but from what I have been reading is that GPotato actually works with their players on getting their accounts restored if and when they get hacked.  It's pretty sad when GPotato can do a better job at managing a game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

They are doing full restores. They have been for a bout 3 months now. It takes about 7 days or so. The best thing you can do is send a ticket/email on the site and from your personal email. Also check you ticket status on the support site. It will update over the course of the week.

gl!! oh and and the Matrix!! it's about as hack proof as it gets. oh and don't bother with the in game gms for something like this. They can do a lot of stuff, but restores is not one. Those come straight from SnailGames.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RykaSRykaS Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by rodingo

As far as I know, Snail will not restore your lost items.  I, as well as many of my guildies back during launch got hacked and Snail basically blamed us for being hacked.  Needless to say myself and many others from my guild quit playing shortly after that due to the lack of trust/faith in Snail and their ability and policies to manage their game.

However, if you really like the gameplay then I would suggest trying Age of Wulin.  Same game but run by GPotato.  I know, I know, but from what I have been reading is that GPotato actually works with their players on getting their accounts restored if and when they get hacked.  It's pretty sad when GPotato can do a better job at managing a game.

Ugh, that sucks. Yea, maybe I will try Age of Wulin, I dunno the idea of starting from scratch makes me qq a little, but I do like the game a lot. Yea, Nexon would at least recover/restore items when you got hacked...and it's Nexon, lol.

Originally posted by bcbully

They are doing full restores. They have been for a bout 3 months now. It takes about 7 days or so. The best thing you can do is send a ticket/email on the site and from your personal email. Also check you ticket status on the support site. It will update over the course of the week.

gl!! oh and and the Matrix!! it's about as hack proof as it gets. oh and don't bother with the in game gms for something like this. They can do a lot of stuff, but restores is not one. Those come straight from SnailGames.

Yea, I put the matrix on now (that the horse is out of the barn, shame on me). I did send in a support ticket as well as contacting in game gm staff, and was rejected by the support system. The GM actually sounded much more hopeful that my stuff could be restored than the actual support email. They basically said I was sol because I didn't log in for a week and the guy apparently did it right after I took a break from playing. I still followed up with support by email, but they haven't replied.

Thanks for feedback guys. This is so frustrating that such a basic service is not provided. But nothing I can do about it now I guess if Snail doesn't care about helping it's customers out. Too bad, was a fun game otherwise.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yea, I put the matrix on now (that the horse is out of the barn, shame on me). I did send in a support ticket as well as contacting in game gm staff, and was rejected by the support system. The GM actually sounded much more hopeful that my stuff could be restored than the actual support email. They basically said I was sol because I didn't log in for a week and the guy apparently did it right after I took a break from playing. I still followed up with support by email, but they haven't replied.

Thanks for feedback guys. This is so frustrating that such a basic service is not provided. But nothing I can do about it now I guess if Snail doesn't care about helping it's customers out. Too bad, was a fun game otherwise.

Yep just saw you post on the official forums.  I got hacked for the first time on Thanksgiving eve. I caught it the next morning. I got my restore about 6 days later. I tried to get a few ding extra, no haps... Sucks my experience isn't "official policy" yet. hopefully it will be soon.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53

To whoever who was hacked, i feel you~

I was hacked on 18Nov2013 and got all my taels stolen both inbank and onhand and a month later in Dec my another alt got hack off around 1ding+ of taels again. I totally given up hope on that game, no point playing a game where everyday its a gamble whether you will be the next target of the hackers. I didnt ever buy any goldseller taels nor hacking software yet the hackers are able to get my password and secondary password. What`s worst is support will not pay me back anything even after submitting 2 tickets and posting a thread on the official forums.

Hackers / bots appearing and dissappearing halfway in the air is a huge factor to scare anyone away. I`m not even touching on P2W factor on the game which people continually deny.