Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Higher end cable connection with lag...

I have cable from a company called zoom... and its not standard cable but upgraded to be so many times faster than the original cable. At our household we are running of a wireless router (D-Link) with 3 computers on it ( 1 base and 2 running out of router). And all our computers are running slow enough to make me lag out of WoW, Css or anything like that. I was wondering if it was my computer that was slow or if it was something wrong with the connection or our router needs to be replaced...if you can help me narrow it down or gimme some other suggestions i would appreciate it...thanks

Comments

• Mikesta707Mikesta707 Member Posts: 338

Originally posted by punchline
    I have cable from a company called zoom... and its not standard cable but upgraded to be so many times faster than the original cable. At our household we are running of a wireless router (D-Link) with 3 computers on it ( 1 base and 2 running out of router). And all our computers are running slow enough to make me lag out of WoW, Css or anything like that. I was wondering if it was my computer that was slow or if it was something wrong with the connection or our router needs to be replaced...if you can help me narrow it down or gimme some other suggestions i would appreciate it...thanks

It sounds like its your computers are slowing you down. But thats just my uneducated opinion and i could and am probably wrong

Am I ever wrong??

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Go to http://www.broadbandreports.com
    and use their tests.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams