Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gree event, Only once a year ?

So I missed the gree event last time because I was working and I have been working up until today non stop and today I found out that the gree event is nearly over so any hopes of getting anything from it are gone, Again.

Will this event return soon or is there going to be another years wait ?

And why a year anyway, Makes no sense :-/

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Dicehunter

So I missed the gree event last time because I was working and I have been working up until today non stop and today I found out that the gree event is nearly over so any hopes of getting anything from it are gone, Again.

Makes no sense?  This is a make believe game where is the set in stone rules on when a Gree event should happen?  How about just saying you are upset about the whole thing.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Originally posted by waynejr2

Makes no sense?  This is a make believe game where is the set in stone rules on when a Gree event should happen?  How about just saying you are upset about the whole thing.

Well the devs only have the gree event once a year at xmas time so thats where the rules are set in stone, Annoying but the devs make the rules.

And to you second statement, I am not upset, Just slightly annoyed that because I have a job that requires a lot of my time I missed something I was hoping to take part in, Getting upset about a videogame is pointless, It's pixles, Not reality :P

• DaRoamerDaRoamer Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Well the devs only have the gree event once a year at xmas time so thats where the rules are set in stone, Annoying but the devs make the rules.

And to you second statement, I am not upset, Just slightly annoyed that because I have a job that requires a lot of my time I missed something I was hoping to take part in, Getting upset about a videogame is pointless, It's pixles, Not reality :P

What? Where did you get that from?  The Gree event first came out Feb 2013.  Then it came back in May, and then again at the end of July where it was retuned for level 55s.  This is the 4th time and the first over the holidays.  It'll be back again in a few months, I'm sure.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by DaRoamer

What? Where did you get that from?  The Gree event first came out Feb 2013.  Then it came back in May, and then again at the end of July where it was retuned for level 55s.  This is the 4th time and the first over the holidays.  It'll be back again in a few months, I'm sure.

Indeed this ^ , also the rakghoul plague is coming soon :).

Cheers , 

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers , 

BadOrb.

Is signing every post that you make a legal thing?  Kinda confused ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers , 

BadOrb.

Is signing every post that you make a legal thing?  Kinda confused ;)

No it's a force of habit ( with the cheers part being like a thank you ) nothing to do with being the original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Cheers and beers ,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

• Awesome thanks for the news guys :)

I got told about the Gree events once a year event by customer services lol

Shows how much they actually know about their own game :(

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Awesome thanks for the news guys :)

I got told about the Gree events once a year event by customer services lol

Shows how much they actually know about their own game :(

Apparently they know more about their game than you do.

The regular Gree events are every few months, the Christmas Gree event where you can get the sphere mount from the holiday vendor is once a year as they said.

Perhaps you will now know to specify WHICH Gree event you are talking about next time.

There is no Christmas gree event , never was never has been. The gree event does return a few times a year , yes , but the white day event the first year was just a cartel market item. In 2013 they had a small life day event that tied to the gree event for 2 weeks , they haven't said if it will return next life day or not. So the OP was correct in thinking the CS staff don't even know their own game as that person he talked to obviously didn't as you don't either.

So to the OP the cyan speeder , life day sleigh 1 and special snowflake title are not part of the gree event and won't be back in the next rendition of the gree event. The rewards you can purchase from the gree vendor on Ilum will be and are available all the time. The next gree event you can still earn grey helixes and exchange them for a number of items , such as the Blue hamster ball for 48 , blaster pistols , lightsabers all those legacy weapons and armor.

Cheers,

BadOrb.