Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamers Grove Movie Contest

AshenTemperAshenTemper BioWare Community Mgr.Member Posts: 68

I usually don't like linking to other sites off of here (aside from the official one, of course) but since I see this is posted in the MMORPG.com news, I doubt they will mind if I post this here, too:

Gamers Grove and Guild vs. Guild have teamed up to bring you a Shadowbane Movie Contest! What are we looking for? Great Shadowbane Player vs. Player videos! What do you get out of it? Well, aside from some great videos to watch, you can potentially win a ATI Radeon X800 XL or a Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker System as well as other prizes! To learn more, click here.

Sean "Ashen Temper" Dahlberg
http://www.seandahlberg.com/

Comments

• LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by AshenTemper

I usually don't like linking to other sites off of here (aside from the official one, of course) but since I see this is posted in the MMORPG.com news, I doubt they will mind if I post this here, too:
    Gamers Grove and Guild vs. Guild have teamed up to bring you a Shadowbane Movie Contest! What are we looking for? Great Shadowbane Player vs. Player videos! What do you get out of it? Well, aside from some great videos to watch, you can potentially win a ATI Radeon X800 XL or a Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker System as well as other prizes! To learn more, click here.

Hey Ashen Temper! Shadowbane is a dead game, please stop milking the dead cow. Maybe you should come back here and make posts when the SB team makes SB2. It wont be long before SB is done. SB was a good game when it was populated.
  • darktravestydarktravesty Member Posts: 199

Originally posted by LoBo-TP
    Gamers Grove and Guild vs. Guild have teamed up to bring you a Shadowbane Movie Contest! What are we looking for? Great Shadowbane Player vs. Player videos! What do you get out of it? Well, aside from some great videos to watch, you can potentially win a ATI Radeon X800 XL or a Logitech X-230 2.1 Speaker System as well as other prizes! To learn more, click here.Hey Ashen Temper! Shadowbane is a dead game, please stop milking the dead cow. Maybe you should come back here and make posts when the SB team makes SB2. It wont be long before SB is done. SB was a good game when it was populated.

Unnecessary and it would appear you are not informed well enough to criticize the game's population. Shadowbane is still kicking, the lore server has a great population, and Redemption isn't doing too bad either, I have heard. Still great fun, nothing out there beats it =)

Originally posted by darktravesty

Hey Ashen Temper! Shadowbane is a dead game, please stop milking the dead cow. Maybe you should come back here and make posts when the SB team makes SB2. It wont be long before SB is done. SB was a good game when it was populated.

Unnecessary and it would appear you are not informed well enough to criticize the game's population. Shadowbane is still kicking, the lore server has a great population, and Redemption isn't doing too bad either, I have heard. Still great fun, nothing out there beats it =)

Are you brain dead? If you think a game population of 400 players in prime on a weekend for each of the last few servers is still kicking, you must be brain dead. I am informed as I still have a couple of guildmates that still play that I talk to in Ventrilo every night. Great Population my azz. I think you meant to say that nothing beats Shadowbane -----> when it was in its prime. I feel real bad for the recent (few) people that went out and bought Shadowbane only to log into a dead world.

• psydexpsydex Member Posts: 187
    Lobo you are nothing but a pathetic, oh yes, you are a pathetic troll. Ashen can post whatever he'd like on these boards. It is the SHADOWBANE boards. This is what you did....you walked into a starbucks...you're just sitting there not ordering any of there stuff...the manager lets everyone know about a promotion...but...you being the one who rolled down the opposite side of the intellect hill decides to yell "Hey, this coffee sucks! But i'll be back in here tomorrow! Now stop giving out promotions to people who like your coffee!". You see, you are the type of person who drives people away from these boards. Oh, and I don't play shadowbane but my old guild still does and they laughed at your 400 peaks on weekends. Ding, the fries are done lobo, go get them before you burn them.

Originally posted by psydex
    Lobo you are nothing but a pathetic, oh yes, you are a pathetic troll. Ashen can post whatever he'd like on these boards. It is the SHADOWBANE boards. This is what you did....you walked into a starbucks...you're just sitting there not ordering any of there stuff...the manager lets everyone know about a promotion...but...you being the one who rolled down the opposite side of the intellect hill decides to yell "Hey, this coffee sucks! But i'll be back in here tomorrow! Now stop giving out promotions to people who like your coffee!". You see, you are the type of person who drives people away from these boards. Oh, and I don't play shadowbane but my old guild still does and they laughed at your 400 peaks on weekends. Ding, the fries are done lobo, go get them before you burn them.

This post will my my total number of posts 28 over a long span of time, you have 88 posts. Who is a troll? Im sorry for saying 400 in prime time I meant 405 in prime time. I wish players like you would stop kissing azz to Ashen Temper who does not give one FllUcc about you. Shadowbane is a dead game so get over it. Shadowbane will be HELLA dead when Darkfall online is rdy to play. Merry Christmas, Man Oven.

• ViolentYViolentY Member Posts: 1,458

Wow.

Post count has nothing to do with how much of a troll he is. The fact that you make that connection proves your already faulty logic.

It's the Shadowbane forums. The people over at Shadowbane are still making money, so it's not dead. Shadowbane still has more players in it than Lineage: The Bloodpledge NA servers, and they've been around for almost a decade. If NC Austin can do it, I'm sure Shadowbane can.

The best part of your whole post is when you praise the coming of Darkfall... It's not even out of closed beta yet, and somehow you know exactly what the finished product is going to look like, if indeed it will be released at all and not shutdown during development, how it's going to be percieved by the mass public, AND its effect on its competitors (ie Shadowbane)? Not even a market analyst could say with certainty what would happen. So when did you acquire clairvoyance?

-Machiavelli

Originally posted by ViolentY

Wow.
    Post count has nothing to do with how much of a troll he is. The fact that you make that connection proves your already faulty logic.
    It's the Shadowbane forums. The people over at Shadowbane are still making money, so it's not dead. Shadowbane still has more players in it than Lineage: The Bloodpledge NA servers, and they've been around for almost a decade. If NC Austin can do it, I'm sure Shadowbane can.
    The best part of your whole post is when you praise the coming of Darkfall... It's not even out of closed beta yet, and somehow you know exactly what the finished product is going to look like, if indeed it will be released at all and not shutdown during development, how it's going to be percieved by the mass public, AND its effect on its competitors (ie Shadowbane)? Not even a market analyst could say with certainty what would happen. So when did you acquire clairvoyance?

(((- Shadowbane is hella dead -)))  /cry more, sir over 700 posts and most of them ALL trolls. Darkfall is gonna pwnt4twteh- SB unless SB team has SB2 in the works. Its a bit late for the SB team to do game promos now. SB promos should have been done long ago. SB team now can see their F-UP and now are doing all they can to save a dead game with so very little players. I would love to see a SB2.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I agree with Lobo. this game is a great game, but anyone who thinks it is alive is in denial.

400 is usually prime time (i have a friend who just recently quit) and no, the population isn't on the rise.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Just had 70ish people online in my nation.

We are not the biggest nation on Vindication.

I will say I dont know EVERY single person, because of a couple new subs we have, but I know atleast 70% of the people. A hibernian, or Horde player, will never even get to know 1% of there realm.

SB isnt dead. There is enough of a playerbase to keep the pvp going at any given time, and if you REALLY want to try to kill alot of people, bane a big nation.

Words mean nothing, only actions.

Originally posted by -Xaero-

I will say I dont know EVERY single person, because of a couple new subs we have, but I know atleast 70% of the people. A hibernian, or Horde player, will never even get to know 1% of there realm.
    SB isnt dead. There is enough of a playerbase to keep the pvp going at any given time, and if you REALLY want to try to kill alot of people, bane a big nation.
    Words mean nothing, only actions.

Dude how long have you played SB? In Shadowbanes prime me and my guild took part in LARGE scale PvP, a small bane during a week day was 100v100 and hella more in prime time on a weekend. Todays Shadowbane is nothing more than (small) groups of people that like to think the game is alive. A few months ago I reactivated one of my SB accounts. I then ran from one side of the map to the other with my scout looking for somone to PK. Guess what I found, one guy and he recalled out before I got to him. This games was once great and now it has a (small) player base. Anyone looking to play Shadowbane ((((((((( Remember ))))))))))) THIS IS A DEAD GAME AND YOU WILL BE ALONE AND BOARD.

• BrenthalBrenthal Member Posts: 22

For anyone who thinks this game is still at a good population yes their not to wise.

But whoever is saying this game is at a shitty population (Lobo) yes your a dumbass

Vindictation on prime has near 800 and redemption can get up to 400 on a Prime day now mourning and wrath yes their dead but anyone who says this game is unplayable because of the PoP their dumbass's and need to go make a character on Vindictation.  And to you Lobo what did you play this game like at release and didnt like the bugs and quit? And quit cause i mean you gotta lot of hate for this game. Or maybe you tried your luck in a real PvP game and got your ass handed to you and went home crying and ran back to your pathetic Carebear games aka WoW/Lineage/Final Fantasy

Dude seriously man dont talk shit about something or someone when you really dont even know what your talking about.  Its people like you that seriously make me wish I was a Butterfly so i could fly to your house and spit acid in your eyes while you sleep!.!

• ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Originally posted by -Xaero-
    Words mean nothing, only actions.Dude how long have you played SB? In Shadowbanes prime me and my guild took part in LARGE scale PvP, a small bane during a week day was 100v100 and hella more in prime time on a weekend. Todays Shadowbane is nothing more than (small) groups of people that like to think the game is alive. A few months ago I reactivated one of my SB accounts. I then ran from one side of the map to the other with my scout looking for somone to PK. Guess what I found, one guy and he recalled out before I got to him. This games was once great and now it has a (small) player base. Anyone looking to play Shadowbane ((((((((( Remember ))))))))))) THIS IS A DEAD GAME AND YOU WILL BE ALONE AND BOARD.

Yea, known as the mindless zerg era. Zerg zerg zerg... no skill. Guild vs Guild, Nation vs Nation is where its at, not Zerg vs Zerg. Nows the time to prove yourself, you dont have to hide behind that zerg.

• oakthornnoakthornn Member UncommonPosts: 863

Well I'm giving SB another try..I followed the game religiously back in 2000,beta tested the game in 2002 where I quickly became very disappointed.. It had the makings to be great,but at that time EQ was still actually fun to play.. SB's graphics belonged in the year 2000,not 2003,and definitely not now in 2006..  Although graphics isn't everything in a MMO,look at eq2,the gameplay is so bad I dont care how great the graphics are..  Gameplay is important to me,but so are grpahics..

I really hope UBI makes some much needed changes to SB.. I don't know if another expansion is in the works,but If there is PLEASE TUNE UP THE GRAPHICS AND GET RID OF THE ANNOYING MOUSE MOVEMENT.. I understand I haven't logged into the game in 3 years,and perhaps some things have been changed and upgraded since then,but with decent PVP mmo's slated to be released this year,Darkfall and The Chroncle will be the end of SB if changes arent made soon..

So today SB will have one more person logging in,as to how long SB keeps my interest,well that remains to be seen..

Rallithon Oakthornn
    (Retired Heirophant of the 60th season)