Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE Games under denial of service attack 6:00 pm new years day

KonanKonan Member UncommonPosts: 19

well as the post states all SoE Games under denial of service attack 6:00 pm new years day. all servers currently down and only info on game atm is coming from EQ2Wire here the link........

http://eq2wire.com/2014/01/01/soe-games-forums-offline-due-to-distributed-denial-of-service-attack/#comment-151398

no further info atm

Comments

• BlackhoodBlackhood Member UncommonPosts: 15
    yup.  via derp:  twitter.com/DerpTrolling
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    I hope they go to prison one day and become someones bitch
  • aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    if there were real misdeeds by SOE that required this kind of response i could truly sympathize. but that's not what this appears to be, so guys, please? i know Sony can be a real PITA and they were idiots for not responding in a manner that could branch their connection so this kind of thing did not take down their entire operation (/shakeshead/), but c'mon it's the holidays FFS. a lot of people get just a day or two with family and some time to themselves before they have to dive back into the soul crushing reality of a day job.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

There was an article online saying that he was arrested for a short bit and then released.. Derp was bragging about it on Twitter.  He was let go because he was swatted.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

i'm all for some rabble rousing when there's an actual reason. this just doesn't strike me as one of those times.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Not going to say DDOS is legal because its not, but personally I don't like many of the targets they are going after, and to me it just proves that a lot of ISP companies and servers need to upgrade security.

What I would love to ask such people doing these type of things is Why are you doing it?

I  can understand the feelings of hatred and revenge speaking in psychology terms of why a person dislikes or hates another person or company so much.

But when a group of people like this illegally compromises accounts of over 5000+ people and gives their information away for free on the internet surely 5000 people did nothing wrong which is the real question I would love to know exactly why people do this for especially when you just pick random targets for nothing but kicks and laughs which in my view is completely wrong.

Now a lot of people I know is talking about this group and they say they are just a bunch of 12 year old kids at home using the popular DDOS program I can't talk about here, but I think different I think they are using public WI-FI, and other things like VPS servers, and proxies to launch attacks through infected computers.

Which leads me to the other point how are they infecting computers, could it be something like Curse Gaming, I remember when my account on wow was compromised two times in a row it was due to add-on's from curse, perhaps someone puts a .exe file on an add-on with false instructions but a real add-on they didn't even make and gives it to people for WOW for example, which is a reason everyone needs to be really careful what they are downloading because it can turn your computer into a bot-net.

Perhaps I am wrong, but some friends believe that the law enforcement knows where these people are but are collecting evidence before doing anything, I would love to know what people think why would the law enforcement just sit back and watch these type of attacks go on especially when an attack like this they claim has been disrupting a lot of Data-Centers and such it seems to me like they would make the bust already, or I wonder if this will go on for months just like the last group doing this type of stuff.

it appears they are taking down EQ2wire as well.

i just honestly don't get it.

Originally posted by Renoaku

Not going to say DDOS is legal because its not, but personally I don't like many of the targets they are going after, and to me it just proves that a lot of ISP companies and servers need to upgrade security.

What I would love to ask such people doing these type of things is Why are you doing it?

I  can understand the feelings of hatred and revenge speaking in psychology terms of why a person dislikes or hates another person or company so much.

But when a group of people like this illegally compromises accounts of over 5000+ people and gives their information away for free on the internet surely 5000 people did nothing wrong which is the real question I would love to know exactly why people do this for especially when you just pick random targets for nothing but kicks and laughs which in my view is completely wrong.

Now a lot of people I know is talking about this group and they say they are just a bunch of 12 year old kids at home using the popular DDOS program I can't talk about here, but I think different I think they are using public WI-FI, and other things like VPS servers, and proxies to launch attacks through infected computers.

Which leads me to the other point how are they infecting computers, could it be something like Curse Gaming, I remember when my account on wow was compromised two times in a row it was due to add-on's from curse, perhaps someone puts a .exe file on an add-on with false instructions but a real add-on they didn't even make and gives it to people for WOW for example, which is a reason everyone needs to be really careful what they are downloading because it can turn your computer into a bot-net.

Perhaps I am wrong, but some friends believe that the law enforcement knows where these people are but are collecting evidence before doing anything, I would love to know what people think why would the law enforcement just sit back and watch these type of attacks go on especially when an attack like this they claim has been disrupting a lot of Data-Centers and such it seems to me like they would make the bust already, or I wonder if this will go on for months just like the last group doing this type of stuff.

law enforcement does at times have to wait until enough hard evidence is garnered, the more the better from their standpoint. that way their suspect doesn't walk free after 24 hours in a holding cell only to turn around and do it again.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

I agree so much!!!

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".