Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Game Of The New Year!!

NextGemNextGem Member Posts: 42

The first game I played today was League Of Legends. Although I do not really enjoy this game as much as I used to, It has always been there for me through thick and thin. Whether I am in the mood to goof around or to be real serious-like. As far as MMORPG's are concerned, I think I am going to be giving Guild Wars 2 a second chance to win my heart.

With that being said....

What was the first game you have played in this New Year?

Comments

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Skyrim
  • SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Defiance
  • AceeedAceeed Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Blade & Soul Chinese Beta.

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by DMKano

Trove.

How is Trove, DMKano?

On topic: Rift for me.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Awesomenauts.
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    DayZ

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Sadly UnrealTournament 1999,this genre is extremely stale nobody is making a game i would play any more.Everything now is pvp or  end game grinding.Seems players call mob grinding boring but they do the exact same thing grinding loot.

I wish one single MMORPG developer could forget pvp,they can't do it any justice anyhow so stick to putting more effort into PVE.

I think my wish list is VERY simple i am not asking for too much.I want no hand holding,no linear quest design,couldn't care less about pvp and i want good graphics and in depth systems.Really there is only two departments there Graphics and in depth systems,although the systems would have several departments,crafting,combat,Mobs AI ect ect.

if asked me two years ago,i would have said i will be playing ArcheAge but too much focus on PVP ruins that chance totally.

I guess developers are just getting lazier and lazier,they figure just flag players for pvp and that will keep us entertained for months,years,well it won't.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Rift

Steam: Neph

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Skyrim, modded to breaking point.
  • Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Defiance
  • LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Orcs must die! 2     best game ever, got it on special on steam :D
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    It's a Beta under NDA so I can't say much, except that I am not too excited about its release.

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    First game? Starcraft 2 Ranked matched. Most hopeful for Wildstar. 

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Aceeed
    Blade & Soul Chinese Beta.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    civ 5
  • collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Sadly UnrealTournament 1999,this genre is extremely stale nobody is making a game i would play any more.Everything now is pvp or  end game grinding.Seems players call mob grinding boring but they do the exact same thing grinding loot.

I wish one single MMORPG developer could forget pvp,they can't do it any justice anyhow so stick to putting more effort into PVE.

I think my wish list is VERY simple i am not asking for too much.I want no hand holding,no linear quest design,couldn't care less about pvp and i want good graphics and in depth systems.Really there is only two departments there Graphics and in depth systems,although the systems would have several departments,crafting,combat,Mobs AI ect ect.

if asked me two years ago,i would have said i will be playing ArcheAge but too much focus on PVP ruins that chance totally.

I guess developers are just getting lazier and lazier,they figure just flag players for pvp and that will keep us entertained for months,years,well it won't.

I couldn't disagree more. I know it's just your opinion which you are certainly entitled to, but pure PvE games get extremely boring and stale to me very quickly. A pure PvE game can't really by dynamic. You experience the same thing over and over until the developer decides to add more content or an expansion. PvP on the other hand is very dynamic and the experience is rarely the same thing twice, no to mention that it is inherently more challenging to outsmart/outplay another human as opposed to some retarded AI mob/boss. PvP is the only thing that keeps me playing MMOs.

• Sajman01Sajman01 Member Posts: 204
    Guild Wars 2
  • QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Dragon's Prophet

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Smite, since I have an hour or two to kill for some fun, skill based PVP.  Maybe State of Decay a little later on today.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• NextGemNextGem Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by collekt                                                                                                                                                                       PvP on the other hand is very dynamic and the experience is rarely the same thing twice, no to mention that it is inherently more challenging to outsmart/outplay another human as opposed to some retarded AI mob/boss. PvP is the only thing that keeps me playing MMOs.

This is the reason LoL was my first play. No matter how bored of gaming I get, I can always rely on some good old PVP for some good times. Regardless of the game, as long as it takes skill and brainpower, I am satisfied.

• RavenwolfieRavenwolfie Member Posts: 46
    Civilization 5
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Diablo III/ War Thunder.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Ork-n-BeanzOrk-n-Beanz Member Posts: 20
    Final Fantasy XIV: ARR. Picked it up a week  ago and haven't been able to put it down since. Almost to Paladin. Close enough that I can taste it. :3
  • ololuluololulu Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Counter-strike 1.6
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Currently, a beta game.  And loving it.