Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW, the next best thing

It's still a long ways off from release, but I am anxiously awaiting this game. Though the home page has WoW posted for a Jan 1st, 2004 release date, we all know that it will be pushed back. I'm gunning for it to release next summer or so, but who knows, it looks like they have ALOT of content already assembled and ready in alpha testing.

I do plan on running a guild within the game. Though no serious plans have been made and I'm not recruiting yet, but do keep me in mind. Ideally the guild will be focused on PvP, but it's going to further focus on the guild's player base. I want unique, young, and friendly players that like to play and have a good time. I'm still in college so it's going to be a guild geared towards that age group.

Anyways, just giving my thoughts. I hope most of you are as excited as I am, cause I know alot of the gaming community is. Goodluck to all of you and maybe I'll see you in beta someday image

**DAoC - Glalin Stormlock - 50 Dwarf Thane - MLF Midgard [Retired]**

Comments

• AluadanAluadan Member Posts: 118

Trying to compare hacks in any other game blizzard put out to WoW is just like apple to oranges. With WoW, as nearly all MMORGP's, all info is stored server side, the servers usually log a lot of data to track items, characters etc. to easily identify people exploiting. Most servers also have some ability to ensure players don't move at a faster rate then what they are limited for example.

The bigger problem with MMORPG's is the exploits and this is where any concern should be. It's not a hack but a bug/flaw in the game that allows people to dupe items for example without using any 3rd party program or mod of the game of any way. If they can keep these under control there should be no problem at all.

• KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    Battle.net is a free service it's not taken care as much as mmorpgs. No free online games are. WoW will have live-team no way hacks will come and if they do they will get shut down very quickly.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Closed battle.net on Diablo2 was created for hackers to have a field day with.  That's why it's there.  They created that so hackers would stay off of Diablo2 Open Battle.net and I know, I KNOW there is MINIMAL hacking on Diablo2 Open b.net if there is any at all.

- MMORPG.COM STAFF -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• KingBuddy30KingBuddy30 Member Posts: 59
    You are the one that does not know much. Have u ever played an mmorpg ??? i am guessing no. Diablo 2 is a dam free game no live-team no nothing. Even thos it's a free game Blizzard have taken a stand and band heaps of accounts and cd keys and they bring out patchs to fix there games. I do admit that Diablo patch 1.10 has been taking fucking ages but the rest of the patchs  for other games like war3 and sc have come out quick. Also the patchs befor 1.10 did not take all that long to. Hacks or cheats which are found in World of Warcraft will get closed down very quick. No mmorpg with a live-team has ever had an un-brake in cheats or hacks.

Igsharmik

Games I Play:

Quake Live
    Track Mania Nations Forever
    Runes of Magic

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

How many hacks are there for MMORPGs?  I've seen only a few... I can remember one for UO called UOX and that sucked... last target, etc...

There's really no hacks... and if people do use them,  they are losers.  I can't stand cheating... it's so stupid...

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Alpha.  Don't blow up at me kid, I played this game when it first came out about 2 years or more.  I also had the Xpac for it.  Don't go off on a tantrum, you'll hurt yourself or someone else.

Also, this game is free so there isn't much to expect on the hacking side, the server in which you play on is also free, I doubt they'd care much for a lot of hackers, it's inevitable.  On the other hand, there are not a lot of hacks for MMORPG games, I've seen one for EQ and as Djin said the one for UO and they both sucked.  Just because this game will be "Blizzard" does not mean that it will be the same as the other games.

- MMORPG.COM STAFF -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

WTF are you talking about?

This thread... is locked.

-=[ STAFF ]=-
    [email protected]

What will he do next?
This discussion has been closed.