Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sort of returning player

Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

I say "sort of" due to the fact I was in closed and open beta, however due to hardware failure and financial issues was never able to buy the game (cancelled pre-order). With Rift, SW:TOR, and my solo games I never got back around to Aion. However, once again I am in a financial situation and cannot pay for my FFXIV sub and need a f2p haven and have decided to revisit Aion.

So, Amidst reading the woes and jubilations in equal measure on forums here and on the Aion site over changes in the game. I'm curious if there's any active groups in the game who are also active on MMORPG.com that would be so kind as to add me to friends in-game or a guild (or Aion equivalent) so I might pick your brain once in awhile?

I want to point out, I'm not asking for handouts, I like to earn what I get, I just prefer to stick to communicating to experienced players within a game than on forums (currently finishing downloading atm).

To be honest, I am not certain in any degree that I will stay for a prolonged period of time or how long a short period of time will be. All I know if my friends and guild members are happily going about the new content in FFXIV and I don't wish to pull them away. So I would just like to find a few new people to play with.

To add to my last sentence, I'm a serious guy that while having a sense of humor, I don't like or tolerate d-baggery or immaturity beyond a joke or two.

Comments

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    After hours of downloading I get in game only to have absolutely no idea what my character PIN was...so I guess I'll just make a new account. XD
    Five days and still no reply....that speaks volumes. XD
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Keldor837
    Five days and still no reply....that speaks volumes. XD

That sucks.  Sorry to hear that.  Any update yet?

I was able to change the pin and access the character. With all the changes, and length of time since I last played. I decided to strip him and sell whatever couldn't be passed along and make another Chanter. I'm told that once you level one of the dps or tank that it becomes more painful trying to level a heal/support character as they level slower. So, I like the whole staff weilding appeal of Chanter so thought I'd start there.

However, I tend to play mostly late at night to early morning (insomniac) and even with a merged server there are not a lot of people on. I tried socializing with people but they either didn't speak English, or simply had their nose to the grind-stone and didn't communicate (which I can respect that). So I've kind of wandered off and started playing Tera again. Not saying I won't play Aion, but it's like riding a tired horse when you play late night/early morning in Aion. You can get to where you're going, but it won't be fast or interesting.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Switch to fast-track server as that server unite players from all servers up to level 56 I think and that's the reason you see not so many players on your "home" server. Also the XP is double.

I will PM you with a key which will give you a pet. 

Enjoy it :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by IceAge

Switch to fast-track server as that server unite players from all servers up to level 56 I think and that's the reason you see not so many players on your "home" server. Also the XP is double.

If you read my last post, I mentioned that I was on the merged server. It's still nearly dead when I am most often on and playing.

Originally posted by IceAge

If you read my last post, I mentioned that I was on the merged server. It's still nearly dead when I am most often on and playing.

Oh, ok! 

Check your PM here btw, not in-game :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

Thanks, and don't take my meaning the wrong way. I don't mean to hate or put down the game at all, I'm just looking for more socialization then the game can deliver during my regular hours of play. I will still stop in once in awhile.

Thanks, and don't take my meaning the wrong way. I don't mean to hate or put down the game at all, I'm just looking for more socialization then the game can deliver during my regular hours of play. I will still stop in once in awhile.

Is ok! I am not even playing the game! I was a veteran player as long as it was P2P. F2P however, did played a bit, but ... not the same thing for me.