Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blade & Soul: Ready to Start Building Excitement in the West

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Blade & Soul team has posted a short and sweet State of the Game letter on the English-language site. In it, Team Bloodlust announces that it is hard at work with NCSoft to bring a great version of the game to Western audiences.

As we approach the start of a new year, we wanted to bring you up to speed with what's been happening with Blade & Soul®, and what happens next.

The game is already in its finished form in the original Korean-language version, but bringing Blade & Soul to the West involves more than simply translating the text and recording new dialogue. Gameplay styles differ greatly in different cultures, meaning that what players in Korea consider fun and balanced might not be as well-received in Europe and America. Addressing considerations like these takes time and NCSOFT® is committed to doing it right--without sacrificing any of the elements that make Blade & Soul as popular as it continues to be in Korea.

The development team at NCSOFT West has been working closely with Team Bloodlust to ensure that we deliver the best, most faithful version of Blade & Soul to Western gamers. We are making progress and plan to reveal more details about the game in the coming year.

In the meantime, our goal is to build excitement for Blade & Soul, by introducing Western audiences to the game's beautiful graphics, compelling story and innovative gameplay. Then, when the time is right, we will release the sorts of details you have been waiting so patiently for.

Thanks for bearing with us, and stay tuned!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    The anime art style of these games always puts me off.  Pass.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159

In other words

"you western folk need special treatment and seeing how AION flopped in the west but flourished in Asia, you won't be getting B&S any time soon."

*shrugs* I think they've made a good decision. Better delay than have another dud on their hands. Like AION. In the west.

I wouldn't want Hyung-tae Kim's work to go unappreciated. 

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Actually, just checked, and the letter quoted in the OP is the one that was posted on that site on December 5th 2012. Site hasn't been updated at all.
  • NightliteNightlite Member UncommonPosts: 227
    This game is dead in the water for a western release.. seems a common theme lately.
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

thats bullshit :D they shut down facebook page + you can find everywhere they stalled it because they only care about Wildstar now...

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Yeah, I was pretty sure I read this a year ago, I did. This game is likely shelved for the west.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

another reskinned 4 system themepark... quest, dungeon, battle ground, craft...

@Fapp AoW flopped out of it's mmorpg add campaign, that's about it. Set for  greenlight soon. Comparing Wushu to B&S is like comparing EVE to Swtor. They are both sci-fi right? 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MugiMugiMugiMugi Member UncommonPosts: 18

Ummm this news is over 1 year old, this was posted december 5 2012.

There website have not been updated since then, and I doubht we ever see this title, 0 words from them.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Why are you posting this as news Suzie? Its not, this is from 2012......

• JemmytJemmyt Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Yah. We don't understand Asian culture. That's why we're a lot in the Korean and China servers.... Pathetic.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

They make the games look so good now that they have to make them small zoned, and narrow paths, which kinda bothered me, I watched some asian stream on twitch playing this, and the map / zone looks exactly like Tera.

I've personally never gotten passed lvl 12 in Tera, despite trying a few times, so I doubt this game will be for me.

Edit: correction, the game I watched on twitch was not Blade and Soul, the game I saw on twitch was Archeage.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I hope NC Soft doesn't ask TRION to help.
  • LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    This game is already irrelevant at this point they should just dump it and move on. Took too long.
  • FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    Originally posted by Jemmyt
    Yah. We don't understand Asian culture. That's why we're a lot in the Korean and China servers.... Pathetic.

It is rather silly. The fanbase translators should be encouraged and facilitated and let the ones who want to play the game join them on the Korean/Chinese servers.

Been looking into it myself.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Hahaha... this isn't new. English site hasn't been touched since last year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have a team working on the NA/EU version of the game.  

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I think someone failed at the old facts checker
  • BahzBahz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Ye old news.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

State of the game a whole month and year after their last update in 2012. No thanks. Do NOT want.

I'm officially avoiding all asian MMOs regardless if I like the genre. I'm tired of the crappy translations/bad english errors that carry from beta to launch. I'm also not putting up with badly optimized games and glitches that are staples in the games as well. Finally I refuse to be playing 2-3 years behind other countries. What type of bs is that?

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119
    ROFL way to find old old news and repost it.
  • MmoFluffMmoFluff Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Moodsor

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    News over a year old, to funny.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by MmoFluff
    Originally posted by Moodsor

• FIXTHECAMERAFIXTHECAMERA Member Posts: 55

I got so excited when I saw the thread title and the date it was posted.... Then I realised it's old info... Please be careful what you post next time. :( 6 years I've waited for this game.

Gets me curious though, was it an accidental post for a reason? Why was this thread even put together? Do you guys know something about Blade and Soul we don't? Is news coming any time soon? I wish :(

Every mmo is dead to me until this releases.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223
     Heh, since when did NCSoft brought any "excitement" to the west?    Anyway, that's probably the best move in their history, and I'd cancel the whole B&S without the "&", to minimize loss.