Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they just easy mode this game?

13»

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

short answer. No.

What they did was destroy a lot of players skill rotations that been in effect for over 6 years. So for the people whoplayed the game for that long, it was a shock to the system.

AS far as I can tell and I;ve beening playing since closed beta, the content has not changed all that much. As along time player, and being used to the controls, it feels easy. If a player has been playing mmo's for a long time, it will feel easy. Rest a sured, deep in some other areas and zones, there's still some quite challenging quest, specifically in Moria.

Most players who have come out of Moria, are pretty much done with wanting to greoup and do raids lol....

I noticed the rotations changes right away. I had a Captain from year one and he is completely different now. Some of the content is easier but I'm not complaining.

There are Signature Bulls in the early westfold tier that it was all I could do to survive attacking one. I needed to use the strength of morale man trait each time just to live. Now my captain and an Archer maiden can stomp them with little down time between the kills. I kind of prefer it this way.

There are very few games that claim free to play and are. This is one of them. I'm not pandering when I say, everyone who plays online games should have a LotRO account. The amount of content in this game is unlimited. You can't do it all. It's one of the few, true MMO worlds in the Genre and it's Middle Earth to boot.

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246

Yes.

And they have removed the quirk. I personally think the game had one thing going for it (besides a tepid adherence to the IP) that distinguished it from other games in the genre and that was the quirkiness i.e. of the classes, the odd builds, the number and variety of skills for different situations. They have completely abolished all that individuality, dumbed it down to generic mush and given us 'polarised-role-talent-trees' that look errily similar in style and substance to the idiotic ones in Old Republic. I promised myself I wouldn't say it's been NGE'd but they've made me say it. It's been NGE'd. 

Ah well, it happens to the best of them with time and falling subs I guess. Farewell lotro, you were a niche-y little gem for a good few years.    

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I remember playing this when it first launched and it was legitimately hard.  Lots of regular quests you needed a full group for and even the first dungeon was a challenge.  And I still remember needing a raid group for the first elite quests in the Lone Lands area, lol.  The second main dungeon in Northern Downs or whatever hardly anyone wanted to do because it was "too hard."   Guess things really changed eh?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I remember playing this when it first launched and it was legitimately hard.  Lots of regular quests you needed a full group for and even the first dungeon was a challenge.  And I still remember needing a raid group for the first elite quests in the Lone Lands area, lol.  The second main dungeon in Northern Downs or whatever hardly anyone wanted to do because it was "too hard."   Guess things really changed eh?

Changed indeed, for example not a while ago they revamped the Fornost insta in North Downs, separate the 4 chambers (similar to the Barrows or Hele), and made it easier.

Naruhel in GA is still a 6man, but I admit I wasn't there since HD, so I can't say how much it became easier. Last time I played it with my rk after RoR, it was easy enough - maybe just because we all knew the insta from inside out.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Margulis

Not really... group content is so hard... noboddy bothers to do it while they are on level... because its impossible to find random groups with people that have the skill to finish these...

They just gather some max level friends and cakewalk the dungeons..

LOTRO still has some of the hardest group content when you do them on level..

And cutting a large dungeon intoo 4 smaller pieces does not make it easier... only more accessible..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)