Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] Panzar: Instanced PvP All Around

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Panzar is a Russian-developed game that doesn't exactly fit in either the MOBA or the MMO category. We've taken a long look at Panzar and offer our official review. Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments.

One of the banner features that Panzar Studios highlights on their website is the use of CryEngine 3 in developing Panzar. I don’t know if the game engine is solely responsible for the look of the game, but it looks gorgeous. There are tons of environmental details in different arenas, ranging from cold, snowy environments, to lush jungles, to rocky volcanoes with molten lava. All of these environments are created and rendered in lovely detail, and make participation in the bloodsport a real joy.

Read more of Pete Schwab's Panzar: Instanced PvP All Around.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Very fun game. People will of course bash it because it's simple and not deep enough, but guess what not every game needs to be EVE.
  • SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    I haven't really paid it much attention, but I think I'll give it a try. It looks pretty fun. Thanks for the fair review.
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Looked promising as I was reading the article... then the big pay2win bomb dropped. 
     I've been here a while...
  • RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Meh, I've seenpeople compliaing how apparently this game is pay2win but I never felt worse off because I did not spend a dime. A good team trumps all.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Is there controller support?
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    So yet again, we are talking about a new E-Sport.  They couldn't even develop different races to battle one another with because God knows that would take too much effort.  Again, I wish these titles would be discussed elsewhere.  I keep coming to www.mmorpg.com to find information on mmorpgs.  Call me crazy.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461

Originally posted by Rzep

Very fun game. People will of course bash it because it's simple and not deep enough, but guess what not every game needs to be EVE.

You just compared two entirely different ends of the spectrum.

EvE is hardcore player choice, player control, player creation, player essentially 98% everything, 2% simplicity.

Meanwhile this game is essentially bash each other in instanced combat until the other wins, 1% player anything really. 99% simplicity.

Not many people want EvE, or Simplicity, most demand a happy medium between the two, but none seem to be supply said demand ever since Mythic went bottoms up with DAOC. Even the supposed "successor" to DAOC that is, again, supposedly coming out next year or 2015 isn't doing DAOC justice. Concentrating too much on PvP without other outlets like DAOC had will end is disaster, but that is my 2cents.

I install, now unistalling..

I can't buy more health potions with gold, only the crystals.. Which you do get without paying, but it's much easier to get by purchasing.. ANNNDDDDDD fuck this game.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by SmellyNanner

I can't buy more health potions with gold, only the crystals.. Which you do get without paying, but it's much easier to get by purchasing.. ANNNDDDDDD fuck this game.

Haha, that was quick.  I myself will just stick with Smite for instant PVP gratification.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Originally posted by rodingo

Haha, that was quick.  I myself will just stick with Smite for instant PVP gratification.

Ahh, a fellow Smite player. This is the first game I've tried that's somewhat in the same boat as Smite.. and I too, will just stick to smite.. Not P2W, all skill. Gotta love it.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    The definition of an mmorpg must  of changed recently. On a different note, no thanks.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by rodingo

Ahh, a fellow Smite player. This is the first game I've tried that's somewhat in the same boat as Smite.. and I too, will just stick to smite.. Not P2W, all skill. Gotta love it.

Agree completely.  I wish there were MMOs that used the type of skill that is needed to be good at Smite.  Not saying that MMOs lack any need for skill.  However there are times when aiming and timing just trump gear, levels, or so called "paper-rock-scissors" based combat.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• LittleBootLittleBoot Member Posts: 326

I'm at a loss on this review.  I tried this at release and it was a P2W clusterfuck.  Horribly unbalanced and no feedback meaning everyone just ran around windmilling like headless chickens.  It might get better at higher level, but given the massive advantages from real cash I wasn't going to wait to find out.  

At best i would describe it as a very poor mmo BG; but that is being quite generous.  

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I can almost taste the foul stench of p2w...
  • TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Wow download times and rate is ridiculous....and no it'd not my lame comcast 58 Mbps dl connection.

Besides most seems to dislike it already.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Uninstalled this faster than I could download it.

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by BearKnight

Originally posted by Rzep

You just compared two entirely different ends of the spectrum.

EvE is hardcore player choice, player control, player creation, player essentially 98% everything, 2% simplicity.

Meanwhile this game is essentially bash each other in instanced combat until the other wins, 1% player anything really. 99% simplicity.

Not many people want EvE, or Simplicity, most demand a happy medium between the two, but none seem to be supply said demand ever since Mythic went bottoms up with DAOC. Even the supposed "successor" to DAOC that is, again, supposedly coming out next year or 2015 isn't doing DAOC justice. Concentrating too much on PvP without other outlets like DAOC had will end is disaster, but that is my 2cents.

This guy knows what he is talking about.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    It was fun for the first 40-50 matches. Then it got tiresome. I would have loved a real MMO with graphics like this. WoW should have had it. :P
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334
    boring pay2win grindfest...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

"The elves (the only ladies in the game) do suffer from the bikini armour syndrome. At the beginner levels, everyone is somewhat naked but even in the epic level armour designs the elves show more skin than their male counterparts."

Its degrading women...no Elves...or something. Or just reflecting that in real life Elves tend to wear less clothes than Men?

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    It was fun for the first 40-50 matches. Then it got tiresome. I would have loved a real MMO with graphics like this. WoW should have had it. :P

That is why i quit playing, it just got boring.

For those that scream Pay2win, it isn't you just really have to learn how to play your chosen character.  Skill will trump gear every time.  Starting out it is rough because you don't really know how to play.  However, it is hard for me to encourage anyone to go back and try again, as in a little while it will get boring.  And once you get to max level it gets very competitive, and most you would not be able to handle it.  If you think smite is hard core then this game is not for you at all.  lol.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• nosforianosforia Member Posts: 11
    It is good game and it has a lot of fun for a free game.

[Boss]Nosforia

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

it's not really p2win. I love the fact that the #1 player in each team gets free crystals that are basically the currency that you buy, so it really pays to be good in the game.

Also from what I've seen so far, there arent that many tools that can give you an edge over the competition. The actual skill totally matters.

it's very simple and requires little thinking, but that's actually a plus in my box as some games nowadays are just way too complicated and require too much micromanagement.

I did a short review of it here if anyone's interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL6Ln8dpfxI

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• NDC19NDC19 Member Posts: 23
    While this game lets you kick into the action immediately, the thing I found lacking is character customization. Combat is smooth, graphics are great, but there's not enough variety. Lot of great maps and modes though. Definitely worth a try!
  • Lvzb3lLvzb3l Member Posts: 1

Actually thats not a pay-to-win game, I explain, YES you can get stat buffs throught mall BUT theres a stat in the game called EFFECTIVENESS that counts your stats, your level, your win/lose ratio, and your overall stats on the fights...soooo basically this stat (efectiveness) is used like a kind of filter to put all the players with the same amount of "power" togheter. So basically you can say that u can get pay-to-win to advance faster in the game, but saying thats its a pay-to-win to get game advantadge its a totally fail.

P.S: sorry for broken english.