Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone help out with... Keys?

Hey, guys... :(

I come before you again with a 'small' request, namely:  to please (pretty please!) help me out with some Master Keys! :(

And I wouldn't have asked this of you, guys, if my 8 years-old niece wouldn't keep pestering me with this ever since Q's Wonderland re-inauguration, recently!...

I mean, I do the work!  It's just that I don't get that much Dilithium to convert it into Zen, let alone... Energy Credits (EC)  to buy my very own Master Keys from the Exchange OR... from other players.

Touring the Universe? :)  I'm happy to say that I can do that now, thanks to my new hardware, but,... for some very weird reason, I can only get 400K of EC out of it! O.o

Patrols? I do them too, but... how many months would I still need to gather EC to buy enough Master Keys to gain those Lobi Crystals (LC) to claim... a Breen Raider? Or a Breen Cruiser, for that matter?! O.o

STFs?  Everyday. :(  Actually, I'm currently gathering enough Dilithium to convert into Zen for a 'mere' Ambassador-class 'wessel'. :P  So, I guess that this will be the very... pinnacle of my Zen-related activity in STO, ever since this February, since I first started playing! :-)))  So, you can clearly see how lame I am at Zen gathering, especially. :P

Racing on Q's Wonderland icy tracks? Yes, I do it, as well - trying, anyway... :( - and I even have the Frozen Boots to match! :D  It's just that I keep slipping-off the track, thus... I'm getting myself disqualified each time and... time is short; time is very short. :(  Not to mention that I also have to work for a living, so I can't be 24/7 on the tracks or in Space or in... any other ground-based missions.  And I'm fairly certain that you, guys, have to work, too.

Still, just maybe, you have other options than I did/have/will have; maybe you've actually paid for some in-game features, maybe you're more of an avid player than I am - even though I love STO!... -, and maybe... you know this game's inner tricks to perfection. :D

So, again, considering what I wrote in the above paragraphs, please, think about helping me out with some Keys - that is if you don't trust me enough to donate some EC directly to me, so that I may buy them - and, if each of you would just... 'chip-in' with 1 Key, then... I'm certain that I can make it through! :D

P.S.  Please, share/distribute this message to your own Fleet mates... and not only! :(

thetraveler82

Thank you so much, in advance! :(

Comments

• IylzIylz Member Posts: 107
    lol first - commence
  • Gamer_One82Gamer_One82 Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Iylz
    lol first - commence

And why, may I ask, do you "LoL"  on my thread? I was asking for the community's help genuinely.  So, if you do NOT want to help, well, at least don't 'troll' the subject, okay?

Thank you!

• IixiaIixia Member UncommonPosts: 34
    While I do not play star trek, I have but that's beside the point. I recommend trying to ignore the trolls that wonder these forums. I also suggest to form a guild or join one and tell them your problem. Guildies can be very helpful and normally willing to help out. If your doing this just to get your niece to stop pestering you. Then I suggest you don't do it, kids need to figure out that sometimes what they want isn't what they need. Good luck.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Probably that lol comment was because of your request is... odd. And don't get me wrong, I say it without the least of trolling.

Keys are part of the lockbox gamble mechanic, and in themselves pretty much are worthless. The request is like someone asking around for unused lottery tickets... Iixia is right about that the community in STO is a great and helpful bunch, but maybe it'd be more useful to put up a clearer goal, as in why do you need the keys?

If you need more EC, then it's much easier if you ask for that, EC is in abundance in STO, there's a good chance for someone helping you out. Using up keys is not a great way to earn EC due to the luck factor (it's only good as the regular lottery... "I'll have 100 tickets I'll be rich" indeed, there's a slight chance for that - but usually it's a fail)

If you need specifically a unique, lockbox-only item / ship, then it's still maybe a better route for chasing the EC and purchase the item through the Exchange, unless you feel yourself lucky enough - but the forums are filled with players spent hundreds on keys and haven't open a single ship yet, only the fluff...

And if... nope, that's it. I think those are the 2 options you can use a key for, selling it for EC or using it for open a lockbox.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    i win the race EVERY time.  Easy, just double tap forward on corners, and your character will dodge instead of slide.  I have yet to lose the race or slide off the track.  Hope this helps.  I myself can't afford keys also, but you can find ways around them if you know all the right tricks.  Best of luck!
    Originally posted by Iixia
    I also suggest to form a guild or join one and tell them your problem.
    But I am "fleeted"! :D  Still, they can't offer more than... 1?  Maybe 2 Keys, tops! For the whole Fleet, I mean... :(
    (...) Then I suggest you don't do it, kids need to figure out that sometimes what they want isn't what they need. Good luck.
    I know what you mean, but... I'm equally immersed into this STO business, so I guess... that makes me a big kid, as well. :P
    Originally posted by Katilla
    i win the race EVERY time.  Easy, just double tap forward on corners, and your character will dodge instead of slide.  I have yet to lose the race or slide off the track.
    Double-tap, huh? :)  Thanks, will try that! :D
    Best of luck!
    The same to you, mate! ;)

Originally posted by Po_gg
    Probably that lol comment was because of your request is... odd. And don't get me wrong, I say it without the least of trolling.
    Okay, no trolling... Got it. :).
    Keys are part of the lockbox gamble mechanic, and in themselves pretty much are worthless. The request is like someone asking around for unused lottery tickets... Iixia is right about that the community in STO is a great and helpful bunch, but maybe it'd be more useful to put up a clearer goal, as in why do you need the keys?
    As for the game's mechanics... I know it, unfortunately for me..
    If you need more EC, then it's much easier if you ask for that, EC is in abundance in STO, there's a good chance for someone helping you out. Using up keys is not a great way to earn EC due to the luck factor (it's only good as the regular lottery... "I'll have 100 tickets I'll be rich" indeed, there's a slight chance for that - but usually it's a fail)/.  If you need specifically a unique, lockbox-only item / ship, then it's still maybe a better route for chasing the EC and purchase the item through the Exchange, unless you feel yourself lucky enough - but the forums are filled with players spent hundreds on keys and haven't open a single ship yet, only the fluff... And if... nope, that's it. I think those are the 2 options you can use a key for, selling it for EC or using it for open a lockbox.

Still, I'm feeling that you got me all wrong.  I'm looking to amass Keys for the following fact of game mechanics:

Master Key --> Lockbox --> 1 - 6 Lobi crystals --> 40 of Q's glossy autographs --> Breen Raider. :)

I mean, not for reselling them on the Exchange, to make a profit - if I am to find a Tal Shiar Adapter Cruiser, maybe then I am to sell it, so that I may buy. even more Master Keys! -, but to gain those Lobi crystals in sufficient numbers.

You understand me now? :(

Originally posted by Gamer_One82

Master Key --> Lockbox --> 1 - 6 Lobi crystals --> 40 of Q's glossy autographs --> Breen Raider. :)

Wow... I admit it'd never cross my mind... the Lobi route on Q's Wonderland is just a backup mechanism for those who wants the ship but can't race every day. What you described is a really (and I mean really) expensive way to earn the raider... I admit it's a good ship (especially if you also have the Chel Grett, you can put the console on that one too), but definitely not worth 10-15 bucks - if you're lucky, and you only need 40 autographed pictures. Due to the RNG it easily could go up to $40...

With all this in mind, I also strongly suggest the double-tap hint mentioned above :)

Personally I never had any problems running the races (actually those are my favourite parts in the event, just like Neverwinter's ice race which is the same code), though I think double-tapping costs too much time, since after that you need to get back your speed again.

But it instantly stops your sliding, and with it prevents failing the course, so it can help you earning the free pictures. And that is a much more preferred way to the raider, than the greedy Lobi consortium.

edit: there's 15 days back from the event, if you can run the races every day (successfully, with double-tapping on emergency sliding), that's 600 pictures. If you need only 40, then it's a piece of (gingerbread) cake.

Originally posted by Po_g

edit: there's 15 days back from the event, if you can run the races every day (successfully, with double-tapping on emergency sliding), that's 600 pictures. If you need only 40, then it's a piece of (gingerbread) cake.

Yeah, so... no Keys. :-(  And, as far as the autographs are concerned, they are 0 (zero) right now.

I would've wanted those Keys also for getting some Lobi to go shopping aboard the Drozana Station, but... Eh, that's that, I guess. :-)

Thank you.

Sorry to say that, but if you have 0 pictures at the moment, then maybe it'd be better to just call it a day, and planning ahead for the next winter. This event is planned (just like all the events in Cryptic's games lately) for a daily login required during the whole time, with only a few skipped days allowed. If you jump in during halfway of it, you're practically finished before even start.

Actually this time Q was even generous with the timeframe, last year you could only skip 5 days if you wanted the Chel Grett, this year you can skip 20 days and still get the raider for free. The bad news is, that 20 days is already over. (for example in Neverwinter you can skip the login only 3 days, otherwise you miss the free Mimic companion). I think it's the worst kind of a grind, even if it's only taking 2-3 minutes. But of course it looks good in their statistic's daily login count column. :I

At the moment, even if you'd start to do the races, and collect the 600 pictures by the end of the event, you'd still need 400 more pictures. if you're extremely lucky and get 6 pictures from every box, it's still 66 boxes, which is more than 60 bucks. But there's a high chance it will be much more, way above the $100 region. No ship is worth that much...

And it also means you'd have about 2 weeks to gather the keys, so receiving 4-5 keys every day for 2 weeks...