Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rust - For Sale on Steam

Bombay1361Bombay1361 Member UncommonPosts: 26

Guys this game is amazing.  It basically is Dayz meets Minecraft.  You start out with the basic stuff and have to farm equipment and create items.  You can kill anyone you see and steal all their loot! It's awesome.   Servers at the moment hold up to 300 people, but a lot of them are laggy.  The game is only in alpha, but I have high hopes for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvmXwcd_66k

Just a small video I made while in a friendly only server, makes me smile :)

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Definitely a fun game, but I think I burned myself out on it.  I snagged it for a then-cheap $22 while it was on Dutch auction, and played it every second I could.  I'd wake up early in the morning to go harvest some wood and metal, maybe some bears, and try to catch a lucky airdrop.

Then I realized my aim sucks.  =(

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286
    not  into loosing gear mortal online burnt me out on this style of pvp
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

The market got so saturated of survival sandbox games that im completely burned out of it

I never thought I would say this

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

They need to start including more PvE content in these games so there is more to do than just gank or get ganked.

The way you construct and build bases is a step forward and a cool concept, but it still boils down to the same multiplayer deathmatch type stuff. Why not add zombie apocalypses or more survival type PvE waves.

7 Days to Die is better than this imo, this would be better if there was actually more to the game than just killing other players. Better luck next time, but survival needs to be a bit more robust.

• alyndalealyndale Member UncommonPosts: 936

If we could look into our "crystal ball" and see the future, say 50 years forward, might we see the beginnings of a holodeck? I do believe things to come at least in the area of entertainment will be quite interesting. Just wished I could be there when these things happen...

Ah well...

Alyn

All I want is the truth
    Just gimme some truth
    John Lennon

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Bombay1361

Guys this game is amazing.  It basically is Dayz meets Minecraft.  You start out with the basic stuff and have to farm equipment and create items.  You can kill anyone you see and steal all their loot! It's awesome.   Servers at the moment hold up to 300 people, but a lot of them are laggy.  The game is only in alpha, but I have high hopes for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvmXwcd_66k

Just a small video I made while in a friendly only server, makes me smile :)

Not sure what I saw in that vid. but was it you running away from some sort of zombie, the EndGameGuy thought to help you in killing zombie and you turned on him and instead killed him and the zombie?

Anyway not the type of game for me, I like to invest in sandbox games gamewise but not at the cost of either people backstabing me, or simply able to destroy that what I have created just because, so without reason.

I am sure there is a market for those type of games. It's just in my nature when seeing someone in trouble to help him/her but seeing that video of OP that EndGameGuy could have been me just wanting to help.

I have nothing against PVP but I just enjoy it allot more in other type of games like FPS multiplayers.