Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aura Kingdom: Closed Beta Key Giveaway!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

MMORPG.com is pleased to give our users free access to the Aura Kingdom closed beta test phase!  Check out this new anime MMORPG by Aeria Games with unique mounts and powerful pets.  Get your beta key now while supplies last!

CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR CLOSED BETA KEY NOW!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    See! I knew another crappy game with strange animations, made by a slightly shady company somewhere in Asia would pop up anyday now. For every one of these games that closes another even stranger one opens.  

Oh, and how could you pass up an MMO with an original advertisement like: "Unique mounts and powerful pets"....
  • F2Pelerin118F2Pelerin118 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Originally posted by crysent
    See! I knew another crappy game with strange animations, made by a slightly shady company somewhere in Asia would pop up anyday now. For every one of these games that closes another even stranger one opens.  

Oh, and how could you pass up an MMO with an original advertisement like: "Unique mounts and powerful pets"....

The game is developed by X-Legend, they're Taiwanese and have released a handful of fun, anime-style MMOs (Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal etc.) their games never do anything amazing - but I've always had fun playing them and Aura Kingdom looks pretty cool IMO.

• LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Originally posted by F2Pelerin118

The game is developed by X-Legend, they're Taiwanese and have released a handful of fun, anime-style MMOs (Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal etc.) their games never do anything amazing - but I've always had fun playing them and Aura Kingdom looks pretty cool IMO.

"Aura Kingdom looks pretty cool"

I was thinking the same right before notice that you can't disable the costume for the body armor... so, no matter which kind of armor you get, you won't be different from the others, because the game does not have the graphics of them... LOL, you'll have to buy costumes from the cash shop to change how you look, and thats pretty painful. (IMO)

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by LrdEtrius

I was thinking the same right before notice that you can't disable the costume for the body armor... so, no matter which kind of armor you get, you won't be different from the others, because the game does not have the graphics of them... LOL, you'll have to buy costumes from the cash shop to change how you look, and thats pretty painful. (IMO)

Costumes can be bought from tons of different npc's, are quest rewards, dropped by mobs, dungeon rewards, etc.  Way to talk out of 100% ASSumption.

• jw2252jw2252 Member Posts: 34
    The game is actually kind of fun if you need a distraction.  It's more of a lazy man's mmo though.  You can pretty much auto-path anywhere.  I'll pick up a quest, click a button and just watch as my character runs there.  Combat is your typical point and click affair, but cool-downs are short and battles move at a pretty brisk pace.  And while you don't technically have to aim, attacks can miss if you accidently point your character in the wrong direction as it's going off.  One cool thing I like is attacks hit what you think they would.  I play a guardian and you get a slash move that's technically for one target, but others can be caught in the sweeping animation.  The whole costume thing is kind of annoying, but they are bright and colorful, and there's so many of them you rarely run into dopplegangers.  Customization options are limited though.  like 10 facial options, some hairstyles, and color options.  One of the coolest thing about this game is the eidolons.  Basically a partner to fight with you, you can choose one of three to begin with, and their are many more to earn as you play.  Gives the game a kind of pokemon feel for people who like collecting.  Though I love my starter eidolon so I never bother finding more (you get three total from doing the main story I believe).  Cash shop isn't up yet, so I can't say for sure if the game will be pay-2-win, but the game is pve focused anyways so I doubt it'll make much difference either way.
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Looks good and fun to play but unfortunately their "anti-cheat"  bs runs even after you shut down the game. That's an issue. I don't cheat or hack or anything but running that crap to scan my memory and logging my key strokes after I shut down the game is a huge PC security concern. 
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I feel bad for the suckers who bought the founder pack thinking it was the only way to get into the beta and now Aeria Games is releasing keys left and right to all the sites.

Smile

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thx for the Key. Been waiting to try this game for a while. So far I am enjoying it a lot. The art style is amazing. Not to cartoony like most anime type games. Free to play so no complaints at all.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    I feel bad for the suckers who bought the founder pack thinking it was the only way to get into the beta and now Aeria Games is releasing keys left and right to all the sites.

I don't. They made their bed, now they must sleep in it.

This is why you don't preorder games with the primary goal of beta access.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

The founders simply supported the game. Whats wrong with that? The first beta was a founders only beta. Now we are in closed beta. They knew this because it was posted a while back.

Aura Kingdom Launch Schedule

Hi Everyone!

We know you’ve all been eager to learn when Aura Kingdom will be available, and we’re finally ready to make the grand reveal! Since this is the biggest title we’ve ever launched, we have a very ambitious schedule in place with several phases of beta access.

Because this plan is different and more detailed than any we’ve ever done in the past, we want to explain each phase to you as clearly as possible. Without further ado, here are all of Aura Kingdom’s beta phases and how to access them:

Founder’s Beta

Founder’s Beta begins on December 16th and is accessible exclusively to those who purchase any size Founder’s Pack. Our Founder’s Pack sales begin on December 2nd, and they will continue to be available throughout each beta phase (even after Founder’s Beta is over). In addition to all of the exclusive items, every Founder’s Pack purchase includes access to both Founder’s Beta and the subsequent Closed Beta phase.

Closed Beta

Closed Beta will commence shortly after Founder’s Beta concludes, and is only accessible to those players with a CB key (as previously mentioned, a Founder’s Pack purchase also includes CB access). Players can obtain keys through our Facebook page, where we will open a unique app a few days before CB begins. Keys may also be delivered through our CB sign-up list and on various media outlets, but will not be guaranteed.

Stress Test

Stress Test will begin following the conclusion of Closed Beta. This phase does not require a key for access! Just download the game and invite your friends to play with you—the more players we get for Stress Test, the better! Please note that there will be a single server wipe after the Stress Test concludes (this is the only server wipe that we have planned for any of our beta phases).

Open Beta

Finally, Open Beta will begin after the Stress Test phase concludes. Like the name implies, OB will be available to anyone who downloads the game, and all characters will keep their progress going into the official launch of Aura Kingdom. Founder’s Pack items will be redelivered to all Founder’s Pack owners, and they will be able to permanently save their character name from the previous phases!

We hope this sheds some light on our plans for launching Aura Kingdom, and we look forward to seeing you in the game with us very soon!

• eury2eury2 Member UncommonPosts: 41
    anyone have a spare key for me? i seem to have missed the giveaways
  • EvilGam1ngEvilGam1ng Member Posts: 8
    I could use a Beta key if anyone has a extra please
  • The skill buttons (1 ~9) is soo hard to hit while trying to move around using (W,A,S,D,Q,E) ..... 
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    I just watched an MMOHUT review on YouTube and this game looks and sounds better then a lot of current AAA MMO's already released.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    I just watched an MMOHUT review on YouTube and this game looks and sounds better then a lot of current AAA MMO's already released.

That's until you actually play it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by LrdEtrius

The body armour which determines your appearance is actually a stat piece that is from drops /  quest rewards. You can get costumes from the store though (either paid or through in game grinding). But yeah its all or nothing. No mixing and matching of armour.  

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by LachyFTW

I played it and still agree. Its definitely better than most of the crap out there. My only concern would be what the cash shop offers (cant see that yet) and how grindy it gets towards the end.

But the multi-classing, skill upgrade and eidolon systems are really cool, and the animations / combat are really well done (aside from gliding, which seems disjointed and not natural at all like in Blade and Soul). The game has lots of potential if they don't turn it into pay to win.  

• ariasaitchoariasaitcho Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by LachyFTW

I played it and still agree. Its definitely better than most of the crap out there. My only concern would be what the cash shop offers (cant see that yet) and how grindy it gets towards the end.

But the multi-classing, skill upgrade and eidolon systems are really cool, and the animations / combat are really well done (aside from gliding, which seems disjointed and not natural at all like in Blade and Soul). The game has lots of potential if they don't turn it into pay to win.  

It's an X-L / AGE game it will turn into a P2W game, it's simply a matter of how soon. If they go the GF route, then it'll be a year or more of (mostly) fair game play without having to drop huge wads of cash or ridiculous amounts of gold to keep up. If they go the Kitsu Saga route then the game will be dead in less than a year.

• EvilGam1ngEvilGam1ng Member Posts: 8

We are already past the deadline for Closed Beta key sign-ups, sorry! But don't worry, Stress Test is coming soon~

they posted that on twitter so i guess there wont be anymore keys ......... you should take it off the front page since you guys haven't had any keys in days