Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DAOC good after you finish leveling?

Well, SWG and WoW vet and a pretty hardcore gamer. i must say there was and is a lack of content at the end of leveling your character. WoW more specifically all there is to do is run the same instances over and over, known as the "equipment grind" or wait in queues to do player vs player content which can mean you are sitting around for upto an hour just to kill someone, which in the grand scheme of things effects absolutely nothing ( this is true, main character on a pvp realm) . so what is there to do in DOAC after leveling? i hear there is lots of fun content? ( if anyone knows wow Bg mapcalled AV i really love that and it perhaps could help you explain image )

so sell me your game image

and thanks for reading

Comments

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    DAOC has a frontiers area wher your guild will take forts and declare control. Base AI will hold these forts while you sleep but they can be beaten easier than you. They will aid you in defending them and though you can't mod the forts or add, you can upgrade the defense while you have control. There is also a player housing are and at level 25 of 50 levels, I haven't even dented the game. There is an area called the haunted forest that for the most part seems to require groups. All in all, it is a lengthy game if you want more than level max and call it a day.
  • tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Well, once you hit level50, you can further develop your character, and just not with unique items/weapons. You can choose, you don't have to, do Master Levels, which gains your class unique abilities, that are great to use in RVR, you can also do Champion Quests for the King of your realm (This requires Darkness Rising expansion), which will net you a very nice Champion Weapon aswell as a range of great looking player controlled mounts and the ability to use other class abilites, like a tank class being able to have basic healing/buffing abilities when you advance through Champion Levels.
    Through RVR, you can obtain realm rank levels, which can be used to purchase special RVR abilities, so at level 50, this is where the fun begins, in my opinion. You have plenty of options to further advance your character, if you're into that kind of thing, but the RVR feature is what will make you come back again and again for a blast with your level 50 characters.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

LOL
    Level 50 is the last "level" in the game. But once you reach it you really only start the beginning of your new life in the game. DAOC only gets BETTER when you hit 50. Lots of high end PVE content is available, if that is your thing, personally I prefer RVR. RVR has a point and you get significant bonuses and a whole new method of developing your character with Realm Ranks. Realm Ranks are only gained from killing enemy players. The true 'end game' of DAOC is RVR. Capturing keeps with your guild, laying claim to them and defending them against all comers. Sacking other keeps, destroying enemy towers and outposts and working with your guild to accomplish those goals.

There's PVE stuff to do too but the RVR game is where the fun is really at for most of us. In short:
    If you are in DAOC for PVE only there's a lot to do. If you enjoy PVP, however? The fun is just beginning at 50... The Battlegrounds, which are available from level 1 to level 45, are great fun as well and will help you prepare for RVR by teaching the basics and helping you learn how to run your character in RVR without exposing you to 50's with multiple realm ranks on them. By the time you reach 50 if you're active in the BG's you can have several realm abilities under your belt so you're not significantly 'weak' in RVR.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas